Hi everyone!

JimBud

Hey everyone, my name is Jim Budziszewski and I'm excited to be a part of Varanormal.  I heard about Varanormal.com from the Ghostly Talk podcast - Episode 139.   Scott and Amber were plugging the site and the concept sounded really cool to me. 

I grew up experiencing a lot of weird ghostie stuff.  Nothing earth shattering until a few years ago when I got to find out first hand about negative spiritual attachments.   Not a very pleasant time for me at all.  

Prior to going through what I did I would have called anyone else crazy for claiming the same experiences.  Those experiences pulled me back into the paranormal after ignoring it for so long and have forever changed my thinking about so many things. 

For the last few years I've educated myself and found my mind totally opened to all the possibilities that surround us.  My close friends and family have no interest in this type of thing so I've depended on podcasts for most of my learning content.   I've discovered new authors, ideas and topics I wouldn't have stumbled on otherwise and even met some great friends along the way.

I'm looking forward to continue learning here, participating in cool discussions and meeting new friends.

1 hour ago, JimBud said:

Nothing earth shattering until a few years ago when I got to find out first hand about negative spiritual attachments.   Not a very pleasant time for me at all.  

Hi Jim,

For more than three years now, uninterruptedly (as in each and every day without exception), I've been myself experiencing a really troubling negative spiritual attachment, so I know how that goes.

Though I don't know the details of your situation, I would like to offer my point of view based on my own experience.  
On the one hand, there is a quite lot on the internet about what this is and how to deal with it, but, I just don't resonate with any of that.
In my experience (and from my understanding of these things), it is not really effective to just try to "get rid" of the attached spirit. That kind of confrontation is unlikely to succeed. 
Furthermore, the way I see it, the emotional problem that comes with this is not simply produced by them onto us, as if they were unaffected. Instead, the problem is, to a extent, shared. Whatever it is, there is always (the way I see it) a shared emotional trauma.

For simplicity, I will now assume that is just one single spirit, and it's always the same (deceased) person. In reality, it can be more complicated than this.

From this point of view, the problem is, in a way and/or to a extent, shared by you "two", so the way out isn't just for you alone, but for you both.
In other ways, the pain (or whatever) isn't just inflicted upon you, it's "his" pain just as well. Thus, the help isn't something that just you need. Instead, both of you need it, and both of you have to get it for the situation to truly resolve.
That is how, or why, is not best to just think about getting rid of it.

Now, does that mean in practice.  What are you supposed to do??

As it turns out, in the exact same way "he" can have a negative effect on yourself, you can have a positive effect on him. And that is the key thought to, slowly, walk out of it. Now, I totally know, very first hand in fact, that this is too much to ask. But is the best way out of this.

Interesting points Fernando, and things I will think on further regarding past experiences and the possibility that I've been affected by attachments over the years.  There were three that I can feel confident about that affected me physically, one mentally, from 2016-ish to 2018.  In a nutshell about the most recent instance (late 2017-2018) - I was helping someone who was working a "case" to rid someone else being plagued by an entity that he believed was demonic (he claimed he also knew its name).  Some of us who were closer to him had talents and were helping him in various ways.  In my case I have a knack for connecting people to other's who can help in one way or another to deal with and/or remove what's affecting them.

In this particular case I offered to have some St Benedict medals blessed by a Catholic priest using the proper blessing of exorcism (he had lost his source for these).  My issues started the day I offered help although it wasn't until 3 weeks later that I connected the symptoms and daily experiences to that agreement.  Basically the asshole couldn't get to the person I was helping so it went after all of us helping him, same with the other folks helping.

This led me on a rollercoaster ride ending in a pretty bad oppression by whatever was messing with me before contacting a well known paranormal author after hearing her on several podcasts.  Seems she and I have a similar knack of attracting your run of the mill ghosts as well as more nasty beings.  She got me in touch with her Shaman friend and he's helped me out on multiple occasions since.  

That eye opening experience got me educating myself on how these beings, whether they be nasty human ghosts or the dreaded D-word (demonic), work an the many ways that might help based on what resonates with me.  Basically if I feel a pull to something I try it.  If it works I put it in my arsenal.  If it doesn't dump it.  I've found many ways of dealing with and protecting myself from them that personally work for me.  I've also discovered I'll always be sensitive to them but more importantly learned that my vibration was a big part of attracting the assholes.  With that education and being proactive I rarely get pestered from negative nasty beings but do find random ghosts coming to my house for short visits.  Those I'm okay with though.

I've been told by people I trust (with good reason), that since changing my vibration, overall outlook and the protection measures I've learned keep the nasties away.  I've almost gotten to the point of things being pretty boring in my life compared to the previous last 10 years or so, and especially from 3 years ago.  

Now getting back to your response giving me some things to think about regarding earlier issues I've dealt with.  I noticed you mentioned "he" and "him" when you referenced attachments.  I can't help but ask if there was a reason you chose those descriptive terms?  

Hello Jim,

also glad to have you here! Your special skills are very precious. There are more spiritual accidents around us as we know and I hear from more and more of them. I myself got plagued by a negative entity since my early childhood but no demon so far. During my very long and winding path to my spiritual self it came out that this entity was created unconsciously by my mother as she went through a traumatic incident in her youth. You know that strong mental stress may cause manifestations of the trauma that the mind of a person pushes out because he or she cannot face it. In the eastern philosophies those manifestations are called a "tulpa" I remember. German mystics call them a larva or phantom. The more my spirituality grows the weaker these attacks are. Now they're almost gone. Apart from that the spiritual path was like walking through hell and it still is but i know that this must be so. We must get destroyed before  we can be reassembled in the right way.

It's touching to see that all spiritually evolving people I meet have similar experiences. You are really really welcome here! 

Thank you Andres, it's appreciated. Like you I'm constantly surprised how many people are coming out speaking about similar experiences.  It really helped alleviate a lot of the crazy that I felt and realizing that I wasn't crazy and there really was something going on. Still I'm very cautious with who I talked to about these experiences because of how literally crazy they can sound.  I don't have anyone locally with the exception of two close friends who I can share things and even with them I have found myself sharing less and less as time goes on.   I rely on forums like this and other remote communication to discuss or share with trusted internet friends who have gone through similar or can relate for some other reason. Already I see the benefit of this forum.  🙂

Well, for what is worth, and speaking of being alone in this path, my wife and I are both (kind of) members of a spiritist church, and yet, we cannot talk about most of these things even with them.  As any church, they have their own ideas, or doctrine, and they are extremely closed minded about it.  So much so that I'm pretty sure that if our church friends knew I'm working on ITC, they will freak out and try to "save me" or something.

@JimBud, thank you. My own situation is very long winded and persistent, but, rather mild in terms of animosity compared to yours. In fact, I won't tell you all what is it about because put in words, it seems so, but so silly (and involves another person).  I wouldn't even think of it as a spiritual attachment if it weren't because of the deep but sudden obsession, the constant compulsions and the intrusive thoughts, which are all hallmarks of these situations. Fortunately, all of that decreased to a highly manageable level... but it is still there all day long, is just not as important anymore.

It's interesting that you asked about the pronoun I used because I thought about it as I was writing it... I did wonder if I should use that or something more generic like "they", even if I meant to just person, given that in English you can totally use that for a singular referent if needed. Yet, I just felt that "he" and "him" were just right, so I used that. As a member of a spiritist church I don't think of myself as a medium, but sometimes it's like I just "know" things without being able to figure out how or why or be sure about it.

There is one thing I'd like to contribute about the entities so-called demons. All of the following is according to this church, so I don't mean to claim this is the truth or any such thing:

Everything that exist was created by God, and that everything is just all of us spirits. 

What that means is that stuff like this material Universe is not, directly, God's creation. Of course God is the master designer of the Universe, but is not his creation, ontologically speaking.  That is, ontologically, everything is just us spirits. From hydrogen to plants to proteins to cells, to "us in spirit", we are all, one more time, just us spirits.

What happens, or happened as I should put it, is that, just as we can be at war down here, we can, and had been, at war in the ethereal planes, and, quite unfortunately, when we fight in our true, natural form (ethereal) [that is without a physical body], the violence can be so so extreme that one spirit can shattered and turn into spirit fractions. And when that happens, it might take from a "second" to "ever since" for the fractions to merge back into the one single spirit. 
These fractions can, and had, continue to fight, shattering more and more so until what is left would be call "spiritual dust". 
As you might figure out at this point, the "material" universe emerged at a point in time when these brutal spiritual wars reached a tipping point and the conditions were met to start reverting it. 
The spiritual fractions that make up the "dust" are in a state of vibration so extremely low that it is as if they had lost all will power and every trace of "consciousness" (they still are a spirit, or a fraction of it, so that is almost but not completely lost). As such, they are perfect to be "externally ordered", and so, with a lot of time, effort, and dedicated participation not just from God but from a very large group of spirits that had not been involved in these wars at all, the orderly universe found its way to what it is now.

All of matter, and the higher level entities like plants and animals are spiritual fractions (of different "proportions with respect the unit"). We humans, on the other hand, are "units" or "whole" spirits.

Now.... back to the demons and such. 

According to these ideas, there are no such thing as a demon in the sense of an entity that is nothing like us. Being all spirits, and being the condition of "whole" vs "fraction" the most radical difference, a demon is still pretty much like any of us, just that without a physical body. Even if "it" never had a human life at all, that is still a lot like us in the traits and fundamental mechanisms that matter. Just as spirits incarnating on other plantes are still a lot like us in the "essential" traits even if they look completely different physically (because that's their bodies, not them)

Granted, a spirit which, say, had never ever been human would have little to no empathy for any of us. Additionally, they would not even comprehend the attachment to this sort of artificial life we live here, and see the difference between "living or deceased" as a mere inconsequential temporary condition.

But, what makes all of us spirits tick is universal, and that is love. We have all been created in the light and we all have the potential to be that light again. There is no such thing as evil, there is only darkness and that in turn is just the absence of light.  

---

OK, I could keep on writing for ever, so I'll leave it here. For now 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 11/12/2020 at 2:09 PM, JimBud said:

Hey everyone, my name is Jim Budziszewski and I'm excited to be a part of Varanormal.  I heard about Varanormal.com from the Ghostly Talk podcast - Episode 139.   Scott and Amber were plugging the site and the concept sounded really cool to me. 

I grew up experiencing a lot of weird ghostie stuff.  Nothing earth shattering until a few years ago when I got to find out first hand about negative spiritual attachments.   Not a very pleasant time for me at all.  

Prior to going through what I did I would have called anyone else crazy for claiming the same experiences.  Those experiences pulled me back into the paranormal after ignoring it for so long and have forever changed my thinking about so many things. 

For the last few years I've educated myself and found my mind totally opened to all the possibilities that surround us.  My close friends and family have no interest in this type of thing so I've depended on podcasts for most of my learning content.   I've discovered new authors, ideas and topics I wouldn't have stumbled on otherwise and even met some great friends along the way.

I'm looking forward to continue learning here, participating in cool discussions and meeting new friends.

Jim, very glad you have you here. My reply was slow in arriving! Loved your expression, its very positive and we're looking forward to learning with you. Thank you, Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...