Are there Psychics or Seers in your Family Tree ~ Dean Radin IONS

Karyn

Are There Psychics or Seers in Your Family Tree?

August 2, 2021
Science Team

Does psychic ability run in families? Dr. Dean Radin, one of the world’s premier investigators of psychic abilities and Chief Scientist at IONS, recently spoke about this topic in a Mystery Wire interview.

“Every culture in the world has folklore, about families where people seem to be psychic,” said Dr. Dean Radin, one of the world’s premier investigators of psychic abilities and Chief Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS). “So that would suggest that there is an element of the talent that is able to be inherited. That in turn suggests that there are genetics involved.”

Dr. Radin and his colleagues set out to see if these abilities are stronger in some family bloodlines. The team was genuinely surprised by what they found.

“What we originally thought is that we would find that there would be differences in a positive direction and a sense we’d find mutations in the psychics as compared to the controls. But actually, it’s the other way around,” Dr. Radin told Mystery Wire. “There are also variants out there, there are mutations. And so the subset that we found in our control group, who never reported any psychic abilities, and no one in their family ever did, they are the mutants.”

WATCH THE ENTIRE MYSTERY WIRE INTERVIEW ON YOUTUBE

1 hour ago, Andres Ramos said:

I wanna see this. Could explain why my mother had spiritual skills but she was too lazy to apply them.

Could it be that your mom was uncomfortable with her skills?     In my family,  paranormal experiences were noted on my dad's side.  Most of our family stayed hush hush about these experiences,  because they were afraid people would think they had a mental illness.   Me,  being the pain in the arse, black sheep of the family that I am,  I embraced it.   That's not saying that seeing spirits at the age of 10 didn't scare me,  it scared me a lot, but in time I became comfortable with these encounters.   

You make a valid point, Sfay. A lot of this field is still in the cupboard even today. It speaks to the very thing we are attempting to do here. To make study and research a collaborative effort, not something to be personally held/owned. 

Of course, where we have people who consider the earth still flat, our world embracing the unseen world living with us in different vibrational fields would still get us burned by some community sections. So long as we walk our truth is my motto.

Yes, what we do is not without risk. I do not expect to get burned at the stake but our income and social acceptance are certainly prone to possible hazardous actions. And the situation is getting better and worse the same time since more and more people are waking up but also more people are rejecting the present upheaval, clinging to the matter with all their powers and willing to wipe out everyone who is not conform with the mainstream.

Regarding my mom I must say she was not facing any constraints since my whole family was always very open minded, even though no one was really spiritual. Spiritual incidents where simply accepted. Sadly my mom failed for her spiritual laziness. She had moments with visions and felt a lot of things we could not perceive and as she grew older started to see spirits intermixed with the presence of physical persons. The thing was she took not much attention to it. It was more like she shrugged her shoulders and said "So what?" to herself. She read some spiritual books but never gained the effort to start working on her own spirituality.

Ten years ago she got the diagnosis for Parkinson's disease. I did some recherche on this syndrome and its spiritual roots. Parkinson is a paralyzing syndrome reflecting your laziness upon  rejecting to fully exploit your spiritual potential. More or less this is what can be the consequence if you bail out from your soul contract. Thus I think she is responsible for what she did or better said, what she rejected to do.

• Administrators

I didn't believe much in the idea that genetics are at play. More importantly I'm glad that genetic markers haven't been found yet because people would elevate themselves above others sometimes, creating the false impression that not everyone can develop these gifts.

At the same time I see similar traits in my family which make me wonder.

On the other hand I see many ordinary people everyday who simply feel its their experience or intuition that helps them make daily decisions. I see otherwise.

So, I am open to both.

My current work is aimed at demonstrating that anyone can help voices form and with skill and practice, anyone will be able to create spirit voices that will be verifiable using science.

But it may nedd to be masked as entertainment at first to establish a base.

6 hours ago, Keith J. Clark said:

I didn't believe much in the idea that genetics are at play. More importantly I'm glad that genetic markers haven't been found yet because people would elevate themselves above others sometimes, creating the false impression that not everyone can develop these gifts.

At the same time I see similar traits in my family which make me wonder.

On the other hand I see many ordinary people everyday who simply feel its their experience or intuition that helps them make daily decisions. I see otherwise.

So, I am open to both.

My current work is aimed at demonstrating that anyone can help voices form and with skill and practice, anyone will be able to create spirit voices that will be verifiable using science.

But it may nedd to be masked as entertainment at first to establish a base.

I f your proceedings have gone far enough you should consider to make series of videos in a kind of tutorial to teach people your method.

Wow! This is really interesting and good information. All of it makes sense and I like that they have science to back it up. The intentions study was very interesting and something I think many of us have known for a while. Intentions in anything we do are so very important. We really do shape the world we live in. 

It makes sense that they had a difficult time finding 13 participants that did not believe, have experience with, or have any known family members that experienced psychic abilities. It's good, to me, that most people have had at least some thing happen where they experience at least one psychic event. 

I also really love that the cost of experiments has gone down dramatically. It puts more within our reach as a whole. 

There's a lot of good info in this video. Thank you, Karyn, for sharing! I love that science is proving things that many of us know are true. Many non-believers just haven't yet had the experiences that tell them otherwise, yet:) 

My Mothers uncle used to have seances  and the things that happened in their house and experienced by others are a family talk of conversation.
But my mothers Uncle's mother, made him give up being a medium, as he used to go into spontaneous  trance like states and speak in a native American language, and the sweat would run down his face, and they couldn't move him from the spot where he was standing.  
It sounded to me like He couldn't close down his communication with spirit, which ever way, he was a very interesting Gentleman, with a lot of phenomena going on around him.
Take care, Lance  

How fascinating Lance.  Thank you for sharing that, I think many people have been shut down by those who fear what happens and lack of knowledge.  So many children have their experiences reduced to, it is only their imagination and other such shut down statements.