Hi all. I decided to share what I'm working on, even though I'm not sure if I'll get the results I'm seeking with this device. I've been wanting to build something for a couple years and recently I asked for a simpler way instead of building all the boards myself. 

Here's what I've come up with, which recently I discovered isn't a new idea at all, but I am pressing forward anyway:) 

I'm using musical equipment for sound. A mini amplifier, music pedals, and connection cables. I cannot explain why but I've had strong impressions about copper, so my husband helped me add copper elements and he designed a cover for me using a 3D printer just to make it look cool. 

There are countless devices out there for spirit communication. Much of it is difficult for the average non believer to decipher messages (words and sentences, responses to questions, names, etc). One of my ideal goals is for anyone to be able to communicate with the other side as I've been able to do all my life, and then even improve on what I've been able to experience myself. Having real time conversations and information shared.

Where I see a person that is not immediately distinguishable from everyone else, others might see a white mist, or nothing at all. I also realize there's a big difference between communicating with those I see from the other side and those that are in different planes that I do not see, but am able to communicate with at times. I'm not sure the difference with communication levels, from those aspects. 

Here are a few pictures of what we've put together. Tonight I did attempt to connect a microphone, however in putting this all together, there's a big difference in how some things can connect (whether it's an input, output, needs a charging source, and a few other restrictions). The microphones I have connect to computers that also supply power. Attempting to connect those to this device did not work as there's no way to provide incoming power to the microphones and use them. I also have other microphones but ran into similar issues. The only microphone we were able to connect was from a video camera and this microphone has it's own power supply via rechargable battery. 

So I'm sure I've made some of this a little more complicated than need be, but it's a learning process as well. I've had some success using various software, but it's muddy with other noise built into said software (from outside sources). Seeing posts from Andrés had me thinking how much simpler a microphone could be and although I didn't have success the first attempt, I'll continue to test. I love the idea of just a microphone without all the extra added noise of radio frequencies, mixed in voices, mixed in noises, etc. 

IMG_20220302_212030584.thumb.jpg.f001ffe60f33d35ae3c677cc66166424.jpgIMG_20220302_212010229.thumb.jpg.b9e796f49b1852700d2294b0e87ca0ca.jpgIMG_20220302_211959109.thumb.jpg.2914b98da80abc61a163b7029b2a28bf.jpgIMG_20220302_211945000.thumb.jpg.d2439a279731e31ff7e3699194b1bae4.jpgIMG_20220302_212023026.thumb.jpg.4bf7ea1c66563d08d6f6bc3cc1abd042.jpg

Hi 

Yes, so there are currently two pedals. The order they're connected first one is for setting the volume so it isn't too loud and adjust the tone (also to mute the entire connection), the second one has echo, delay, and reverse (reverse is very helpful when using software that has voices or words as only what comes through as words or sentences cannot be from the software if it's in reverse), then finally the amplifier itself, which has many adjustments (overall volume, more tone, room size, sound distortion and sound clarity). 

Currently anything I plug into it will plug into the first pedal to route through for all of those adjustments. 

I'm feeling a push to get another pedal, which is for noise gate suppression. This might help clear any background noise if I continue with software vs just a microphone. 

I'll also add, it was easier (for me) to get these components already assembled vs building each connection myself. If this turns out to work, then it could be worth it to build each one into a more compact unit. I'd also like to remove and adjust certain aspects to test any differences with each. 

Currently where each adjustment is set worked really well for plugging in different voice software (I can plug my phone directly into the first pedal and now also the video camera microphone). Each item is really small. The amplifier box itself is only about 7 inches wide, so it's a small portable unit. Easy to move around. 

I have attempted something similar before with a much larger amplifier, but wanted something that was more portable and be able to adjust more settings. 

Thank you! I'll definitely look into a mic preamp. With the room size and tone adjustments, that's helped as well. I'm really hoping to get some results using the microphone. We're actually going to test it in another location tomorrow, so I'm excited to see if anything comes through and how well. 

It's also interesting to test it compared to other devices and methods. I'll share if we get anything good and any adjustments needed as we go. 

I appreciate your feedback so far. I was going to wait until tested and obtained good results, but hopefully they're coming.

Marie, if your interest in using microphones is persisting and it helps I can offer to send you a microphone like the one I gained my results from. I would do this for free because I would benefit from this in the way that I could see if it produces good results for you too or not.

1 hour ago, Andres Ramos said:

Marie, if your interest in using microphones is persisting and it helps I can offer to send you a microphone like the one I gained my results from. I would do this for free because I would benefit from this in the way that I could see if it produces good results for you too or not.

Hi Andrés,

I would love to test your microphone with my device. I'll happily pay you for it as well and we can discuss that.

It's more complicated than simply hooking it up. Yours may work perfectly for this but it depends on how it would connect. I need it to route through the first pedal with a 1/4 inch 6.35mm connection plug going into the pedal. I'll attach a picture. 

It's interesting how complicated it is on what's designed to be an input vs output. I've learned the hard way that certain components, like the microphone, need to have their own power source built in. I've yet to find a replacement camera microphone with it's own power source (battery - rechargable for the camera mic that worked). So far I've only found microphones that hook onto a person's shirt (used for interviews) that have their own power supply and I don't know if those would work or what their sensitivity is like. 

All of my other microphones are designed to plug into a computer where the usb plug provides both power to the microphone and allows it to be an input to work. We found work arounds to get the microphones to connect via 6.5mm plug, but because we couldn't get power to the microphones we have (all designed in the original wiring of the usb connection) they wouldn't work.

Andrés, I'll send you a message and we can talk about the details, connections, etc. 

40790867_Screenshot_20220305-0830322.png.cf2f68dfa9e98b3a12b2d4b178ee136c.png

@Andres Ramos I'm having trouble sending a message with my phone at the moment, so I'll ask here. 

How easy would it be to add the wiring and 6.35mm plug? Or, I may be able to use a separate connecting cord from the microphone to the pedal, but I would need to know the type of connection the microphone has to see if this is an option. 

Hello Marie,

I can tailor the connector to your needs. A 6.3mm audio mono jack is a common standard. Normally I use a 3.5mm stereo jack with both channels wired together because this is perfect for the soundcard input or any digital recorder. I could do that for you but add an adapter to 6.3mm mono jack as well. That'll be no problem.

I know the issues with power supplies for microphones and I refused to use USB powered because they are showing heavy interference. My microphone takes a standard 9V block battery and you can run it almost forever because it consumes only a little current. I also provide a knob for adjuting the amplification. Thus you can it adapt to almost everything. I just made one new for my experiments and it looks like this. Don't laugh, I used tuna fish cans as a casing because it perfectly shields against EMI and makes the microphone stable.

1667439248_tunacan-2.thumb.jpg.2c5aa8e6b10f4136715c1362be89e95b.jpg

1824257522_tunacan-1.thumb.jpg.ac9bcfd3448c3e965c1836b0aab22496.jpg

It works very well.

@Andres Ramos That's perfect. If you're on a computer, can you send me a message or even an email (that I could respond to from my phone) and we'll work out details of shipping, etc once you're ready. 

The reason my other microphones were usb connections was for my original intent to do recordings of my own voice (for voiceover work and singing) and that was so available at that time,but now I have another use. I'm very happy with a pyle usb connected microphone for the originally intended use, but unable to convert it for this purpose.

Hi Marie,

technically your microphone is ready and working! It has a nice low noise in the background that should support the pk-effect. The signal quality is excellent and it is very susceptible. With the potentiometer you can change the preamplification by a factor of 10.

I am doing the last assembling steps in terms of the mechanical arrangement and using some blue varnish to make the look a little less trashy.

IMG_20220306_121934.thumb.jpg.ec53d8a10a6a13f84a54daea15c2b74f.jpg

I will deliver a cable with 3.5mm audio jacks and an adapter to 6.3mm mono audio as discussed.

2 hours ago, Andres Ramos said:

Hi Marie,

technically your microphone is ready and working! It has a nice low noise in the background that should support the pk-effect. The signal quality is excellent and it is very susceptible. With the potentiometer you can change the preamplification by a factor of 10.

I am doing the last assembling steps in terms of the mechanical arrangement and using some blue varnish to make the look a little less trashy.

IMG_20220306_121934.thumb.jpg.ec53d8a10a6a13f84a54daea15c2b74f.jpg

I will deliver a cable with 3.5mm audio jacks and an adapter to 6.3mm mono audio as discussed.

Andrés, thank you so much for this idea and then creating this one for me! I'm really excited to test this out and use it with my device too! 

5 hours ago, Karyn said:

Exciting Andres.  Is this baked beans tin 2 version, lol.   

Yeah, almost! Actually it contained Kidney beans. I like to make a protein bomb from them together with tuna, tomatoes, olive oil and garlic. So there is a steady stream of "microphone housings" coming in. 🤣

@Andres Ramos  Oh this is so great! I understand about the connecting cables to be careful on how to plug and unplug the connections (thank you so much for this extra step and adding these connections for me), the feet on the bottom make so much good sense about helping prevent excess vibration, and the white background noise is perfect! 

I'm really excited to test this out for quite a while, in various locations, times, and making adjustments on my device to see if any of those adjustments may help as well. 

I didn't even mention that blue is my favorite color so that is an added bonus for me to see that beautiful blue in your video. 

I'm excited and I know I must be patient for shipping times and then also possibly once I start testing and testing with all the various adjustments connected to my device too. 

Thank you again! I'll watch for your email. 

I love to see your enthusiasm Marie and I really appreciate it!

I forgot to say that I will ship the microphone without the battery. It's not to save weight or costs but I know that oversea shipments including batteries can be complicated. Batteries are seen as energy devices and always bear the risk of fire hazards if damaged. I just want to avoid any risks also with the customs declaration. I will declare this as a homemade condenser microphone with adjustable amplification.

I would like to hear lots of results from you when you have it.😉

9 minutes ago, Andres Ramos said:

I love to see your enthusiasm Marie and I really appreciate it!

I forgot to say that I will ship the microphone without the battery. It's not to save weight or costs but I know that oversea shipments including batteries can be complicated. Batteries are seen as energy devices and always bear the risk of fire hazards if damaged. I just want to avoid any risks also with the customs declaration. I will declare this as a homemade condenser microphone with adjustable amplification.

I would like to hear lots of results from you when you have it.😉

Absolutely, I will share anything I get! We have lots of batteries here and I understand about customs. I can't express enough how excited I am that you offered to do this and then to see it, know it'll be on its way soon - it's all very special, in my opinion, and makes this so much better as a team effort. 

I've talked about this before, but we all put love and energy and intention into the things we create. Having something that you've built here with us and then connecting it to what I've put together makes it a million times better in every way:)

I feel honored to support you Marie and it's like you said, every time you will use the microphone I will be participating in your experiments and I am so excited about this and your upcoming results.

Ok, I downloaded the customs declaration forms. Time to do the rest of the job. I will tell you when the microphone is on its way to you.

• 2 weeks later...

So far, I've done a few different sessions. I had a learning curve adjusting volume levels on both (microphone and my setup) and then other minor adjustments on various levels on my device (room size, tone, and a few others). What's interesting so far is I'm not getting words or speech, but instead tones coming through.

At first, of course, I thought this was feedback. Then I realized it only happens in response to my questions. When I attempted to talk and duplicate the feedback, it didn't occur. Only when I asked questions. My last couple sessions sounded like music tones coming through, I found this very intriguing and different than what I had expected. Very pleasant tones too.

I'm going to continue to test and I'm excited to see what happens at different times and then to try out different locations. I also realized that these tones may be infact the other side also learning my setup. I'll share results. I've been using my digital recorder, but thinking of setting up a camera to show it as well. I have a sound activated light bar and it's pretty cool to see that move with the tones too:)

• 1 year later...

I see this thread is a year old, I just joined and am trying to catch up.
Have you had any success with this setup? 

Forgive me for what may be a obvious question, is the microphone for you, or the communicators, or both?  

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I see this thread is a year old, I just joined and am trying to catch up.
Have you had any success with this setup? 

Forgive me for what may be a obvious question, is the microphone for you, or the communicators, or both?  

@Mike I wasn't able to get any responses at other locations. I've tested and attempted many times. I'm still continuing to try but our investigations slowed down due to the reopening of our business. We were just discussing a possible investigation soon. 

The microphone is for others to utilize and in an attempt, for me, to capture and hear others in real time vs using a recorder and having to playback to hear what was said. So far my recorder is capturing but nothing yet utilizing this new setup, except the music sounds/ tones at my home.