Being back, after such a long time being gone

spidermeema

Hello Spidermeema,

I feel sorry that you did not feel accepted the first time you were with Varanormal and that this obviously was the reason you left. Maybe we all (including the admins) are too busy in general to pay attention to possible harrassments. I want to apologize for that. In case this happens again, don't hesitate to call the admins.

Andrés

Hello, and thank you!!  At the time, there was one particular lady that thought it was her appointed duty to run to the current Admin. Tom, and give her opinion as to what she felt was real and what was not.  She was allowed to dominate the room, and many of us left.  She felt her methods were the only viable methods, and the rest was baloney.   We asked for help  but were  treated like trouble makers.  Even now, I am afraid she is here, under an assumed name.  I can only hope for a fresh new start!!!

Spidermeema, as one of the directors I would ask you please to communicate with me regarding your previous situation.  Keith is pretty flat out at the moment.  I am totally unaware of the issue, please communicate with me karyn@varanormal.com   Andres remarks are shared by myself.  

I am in no way discounting that you said this happened on our forum however as an admin and board member would you kindly begin dialogue with me.  I would be needing you unfortunately going over old ground but I wish to ensure adequate response from your board.

I also would like clarification of "Tom".  Thank you for working with me to create a safe space.   Again I monitor the boards but this may well have slipped through or so it seems.  I would like to get to the bottom of this and resolve outstanding issues if any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 10/21/2021 at 9:15 AM, spidermeema said:

Hello~~!

I am back and am looking forward to hearing about new techniques, the use of old techniques, and people's experiences.

It has been a long time since I have been on this forum.  Hopefully, people will be a bit more accepting this time around~!!!

Glad to have you back! Yes, we're definitely more open and have learned along the way.  🙂 look forward to your participation.

Keith

• Administrators
On 10/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, spidermeema said:

Hello, and thank you!!  At the time, there was one particular lady that thought it was her appointed duty to run to the current Admin. Tom, and give her opinion as to what she felt was real and what was not.  She was allowed to dominate the room, and many of us left.  She felt her methods were the only viable methods, and the rest was baloney.   We asked for help  but were  treated like trouble makers.  Even now, I am afraid she is here, under an assumed name.  I can only hope for a fresh new start!!!

If you're referring to the previous forum under AAEVP, there will always be people like that. On the flip side there are people that claim persecution when they're the ones feeding the fire.

I think discourse is healthy. We're drama free here. I don't particularly believe in policing people unless they are affecting everyone else's experience.

As far as things we disagree with, that will always be present. Sometimes the best action is to take no action at all. Everyone's experience is different so I think the most important thing is for people to backup their claims. Everyone can express what they think, the line is crossed when someone tells another person how they should think, and repeats that action.

We anticipate some heated debates, but don't worry about it too much. So far all good.

On 10/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, spidermeema said:

Hi Spidermeema,

As one of the moderators, I have been here from the very beginning, and I am not aware of anything like that. So I wonder, could it be a different forum?

You mentioning Tom (Butler I suppose) makes me think that you might be referring to the AAEVP forum: https://atransc.org/about-aaevp/

But this one isn't that... this is an entirely different and new forum, with an entirely different group of people.