Bigelow Institute for Consciousness Studies - Contest Results

29 winners. Essays will be published. Top prize $500K goes to Jeffrey Mishlove.

His essay is here: https://www.nonlocalmind.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Jeff-Mishlove-Essay-for-Bigelow-Institute.pdf

Includes a chapter on ITC. 

*************************************************************************************************

Winners: https://www.bigelowinstitute.org/News4.php

Purpose of BICS Essay Competition
Another purpose of the BICS essay awards is to raise the public awareness for the Survival of Human Consciousness topic and to stimulate research. One goal of the essay contest is to award contestants for writing papers that summarize the best evidence available for the survival of human consciousness after permanent bodily death.

BICS intention is to provide a public service by:
1. Creating and implementing the essay contest
2. Publishing responsible information to the widest audience possible.
3. BICS envisions the essays focus to be on scientific evidence as well as objective and subjective supported documentation as gathered
From special cases, including older cases, from very credible witnesses
From photographic or electronic data
From all available literature
From highly validated and authenticated human experiences
From other relevant sources
BICS has assembled a competent board of directors with deep experience in the topic to provide advice on the strategic direction and priorities of the Institute. The board of directors are: acclaimed journalist and author Leslie Kean, forensic neurologist Christopher C. Green MD PhD, theoretical physicist Harold Puthoff PhD, Brian Weiss MD who has lectured worldwide on survival of consciousness and associated topics, Rice University Professor of Philosophy and Religious Thought Jeffrey Kripal PhD, University of California Irvine Professor of Statistics Jessica Utts PhD, Anomalies Researcher, Molecular Biologist and Anomalies Researcher Colm A. Kelleher PhD, and BICS Founder Robert T. Bigelow.

Andres,to your question about the purpose of the contest.
https://www.bigelowinstitute.org/about.php

About BICS

BICS was founded in June 2020 by aerospace entrepreneur Robert T. Bigelow to support research into both the survival of human consciousness after physical death and, based on data from such studies, the nature of the afterlife. Robert Bigelow is the founder of Bigelow Aerospace. For decades he has also supported serious investigations into consciousness and manifestations of unusual phenomena that are not yet understood by science.

Despite intriguing evidence, the number of research groups and funding devoted to investigating the survival of human consciousness beyond death is shockingly small in the Western world. Even though all 7.8 billion humans on planet Earth will eventually die, very little high quality research is being conducted on perhaps the most important and fundamental question facing our species.

There are very few significant conferences or symposia on this question which could appeal to scientists, academics and others with advanced training. This is partly because such research is not taken seriously by the current “scientific” paradigm. This current “scientific” group was seriously shaken by the 2017 New York Times article concerning UFO’s. It is probably time to end this close-minded approach. We at BICS believe that one way to do so is to appeal to qualified professionals who have some power to create change.

One purpose of the BICS is to raise awareness among the public and within the scientific community of the importance and relevance of such an investigation. BICS hopes to provide a public service by drawing increasing attention to, and encouraging research into, this fundamental and timeless topic. We are seeking hard evidence “beyond a reasonable doubt” that takes us beyond religion or philosophy and provides a body of knowledge to be brought widely into the public arena that could be partially unifying in its impact on human awareness and culture.

Purpose of BICS Essay Competition
Another purpose of the BICS essay awards is to raise the public awareness for the Survival of Human Consciousness topic and to stimulate research. One goal of the essay contest is to award contestants for writing papers that summarize the best evidence available for the survival of human consciousness after permanent bodily death.

2 hours ago, Andres Ramos said:

Maybe this exactly is what Bigelow wanted. Still I'm not quite clear about the intention of this contest or why the world is a better place now after Bigelow did it.

Here's hoping the next $1 million is devoted to a call for research proposals in the paranormal / ITC field. Maybe I'll finally be able to purchase a zero Kelvin quantum camera 🤩.

When I attended psychic school in 1981, Jeffrey Mishlove presented to our small class a couple times. He had been visiting South America and learned some stuff from shamans, so he shared their techniques with us. He mentioned a multi-level supplement product, so I visited him a few times to get training to be a downline sales person. But I never stuck with it, and that was the last I saw of Jeff. Then he started on his "Thinking Allowed" series on local TV, and it went national, then global. I'm proud of him for making a successful career, and for winning the contest. I'd love to hit him up for part of that $500K prize for ITC research, but after 40 years, I don't think he would remember me 🙂