Lucid Dream/Sleep Paralysis/OBE

I had an interesting experience yesterday afternoon during a nap. I rarely take naps during the day, but felt to be very tired. It was about 11:15am. I have experienced sleep paralysis several times before, so this part of it was not new. Although, I felt to be somewhat conscious and aware of my surroundings, but unable to open my eyes. I heard constant buzzing and felt that my body was vibrating. There was also a sensation of something being on top of me, as I was lying on my back, covered with a blanket. The buzzing was very loud. Up to this point, I wasn't afraid, but started to be, and a few minutes after this, there was a female voice to my right who said "you can stop this at any time, just say stop." I wanted to fully wake up at this point, so I said the word Stop twice, and the vibrating and buzzing stopped. I opened my eyes and was in a state of disbelief and not really knowing if this was a dream or if I was really awake or if this actually happened.

I decided that I was still tired and not ready to get up so I turned over and slept for another hour. In this dream, there was a female voice to my right that said "you should have known better". I didn't know what she was referring to exactly, so I told her that there was no way that was possible because I didn't know what I was dealing with at the time. There must have been some sort of understanding of what she meant.

I've had sleep paralysis occur in the past, typically presenting itself as a force that is prevents me from any movement and I am struggling to open my eyes and wake up but cannot. I doubt this was an OBE and may be a lucid dream, but I would have to get more information about it. Typically, my dreams are very vivid and recalled in detail, as if actual experiences.

I will say that experiencing this freaked me out quite a lot and since then, been trying to figure out if there was a message within it. 

Thanks for reading.

That sounds quite scary, but also - anything unknown is scary most of the time. What does your gut tell you about this experience? Without second guessing, usually our first feeling or instinct is correct. I hope you're able to get the answers you need soon. 

Thanks for the reply, Marie.

I think the message that I was meant to take from the experience is that I can stop doing or participating in anything that is not in alignment with me or is not beneficial to me. 

In the days that followed, I found myself thinking a lot about what I put my energy towards and I found to be pulling back and investing that energy into myself and not to appease someone else.

Very strange Sharon. Since I never had OBE's and only a few lucid dreams I cannot say much to help you to understand what you experienced.

From a logical point of view that buzzing seemed to be part of a transformation process you were going through, perhaps? As the voice told, you could stop this any time, as you did, and later said you should have known better, implies you need to go through this by free will but breaking the process up left you behind in some incomplete state of transformation.

I have the vague feeling you were in contact with a part of yourself. It's not unusual that fragments of ourselves are not incarnating and giving us advice from the hereafter.

Thanks for the reply, Andres!

I really like your interpretation of the experience, especially the "in contact with a part of yourself". Perhaps this was the only way that my "higher self" was able to get this message through. Although, it did cause me to gain a different perspective, which has been understood and applied.

I have been in the process of spiritual transformation/awakening for the past five years and learning to rely on my intuition for guidance. Within the experience, I was actually surprised that the buzzing and vibrations stopped when I told it to, so perhaps even by doing just that, I proved to myself that I am more in control of my own life than I believe.

Hi Sharon,

While I cannot speak from my own experiences, as I was reading your description, it seemed to me that your body and mind (but not you) where getting ready for an Astral Travel.  I have no idea how that feels like, but I reasoned that it must feel like a sleep paralysis since you are supposed to "move" but outside your body which implies that the intention to move must really NOT effect back on the body, otherwise you would be sleep walking as opposed to astral projecting.

The buzzing and vibration seems to me like the ethereal energy of the guides walking you through it.
I would recommend that you let them (the guides) know that you would like to give it another try. Then, when you do, try to feel safe in leaving the body alone. That is, don't try to move, nor open your eyes.. that is you physical body. Try to move and see with your astral body instead and see what happens.

Now, I'll say it again... I never did any of this myself, so this is all just off the top of my head.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:35 AM, Sharon said:

Thanks for the reply, Marie.

I think the message that I was meant to take from the experience is that I can stop doing or participating in anything that is not in alignment with me or is not beneficial to me. 

In the days that followed, I found myself thinking a lot about what I put my energy towards and I found to be pulling back and investing that energy into myself and not to appease someone else.

Ah yes, that sounds perfect! I'm so glad you figured it out:) Some things are so tough to figure out, but usually our first gut instinct is correct. I tend to overthink and over analyze so that's where I was coming from. 

13 hours ago, Fernando Luis Cacciola Carballal said:

Hi Sharon,

While I cannot speak from my own experiences, as I was reading your description, it seemed to me that your body and mind (but not you) where getting ready for an Astral Travel.  I have no idea how that feels like, but I reasoned that it must feel like a sleep paralysis since you are supposed to "move" but outside your body which implies that the intention to move must really NOT effect back on the body, otherwise you would be sleep walking as opposed to astral projecting.

The buzzing and vibration seems to me like the ethereal energy of the guides walking you through it.
I would recommend that you let them (the guides) know that you would like to give it another try. Then, when you do, try to feel safe in leaving the body alone. That is, don't try to move, nor open your eyes.. that is you physical body. Try to move and see with your astral body instead and see what happens.

Now, I'll say it again... I never did any of this myself, so this is all just off the top of my head.

Thanks for the response, Fernando!

I am glad that I shared my experience here and have received positive feedback and insights on it. I would like to try this again, and am open to it, so I will let my guides know this. Your post had triggered me to consider the environment that I was in and one that I typically do not choose when napping in the afternoon. It was in the living room, on the sofa, with a nice breeze coming through the windows, and was also the location where I spend time talking with my guides and asking for either clarification or insight on various situations. I also felt very calm and had no tangible fear of what was happening. Rather, it was more curiosity of what was occurring, with my conscious mind wanting to know if this was real or not. I had fallen asleep on my left side, but don't recall changing positions, as I rarely find myself asleep on my back, but this was indeed my position, and the one most inclusive to the AP. I am now reading a few books on the topic, which perhaps will enhance my understanding.

I am always amazed with these experiences, as I don't ask for them. It seems they just happen. Sometimes, I wish that these were a figment of my imagination, but they are not. It seems that in the past month or so, I have become very interested in learning about my abilities and discovering what I can do with those. I am currently reading Edgar Cayce, My Life as a Seer, which is something that I had no inclination to even consider before now. Also, the other day, I found a Spiritualist community very close to me (10 minutes) and subsequently signed up for two classes there, one being Intuitive Mediumship and the other about the Claires. I am really excited about this!

Thank you kindly, Dr Jeffers, for sharing the experiences. 

I don't use an alarm clock at all. I have an analog one for back up, but if I have to be awake at a specific time, I set it from within, and this works very well. I haven't given this much thought until now and am probably in the minority with this. 😀