Investigations on microphone voices

I had some very good experiences with microphone voice I would like to discuss with the community. Due to my observations they do occur if there is slight noise in the background. However I also got very good messages when I recorded chatting people and a firework at new years eve. What was striking me is that the spirit voices adopt the characteristics of the sound you give them.

I once got clicking voices as I was typing on my computer keyboard and more roaring voices from wind. 

Since the origin of this phenomenon still is unknown to me I, it could be a direct electrical impact of spirit energy on the microphone or a truly acoustical phenomenon.

• Has anyone ever tried to record spirit voices with two or three recorders simultaneously and checking if the voices are always the same at the same time? 
  • Have you ever took voices from an electrically shielded microphone?
  • Have you ever used a sensitive microphone in a acoustically sealed box to check if voices can manifest inside this box?

Greetings,

Question 1  -  Yes I have recorded the same evp on multiple recorders.

Question 2  -  Yes I have recorded evp with a recorder placed inside a Faraday cage.

Question 3  -  I have reviewed recordings of recorders placed inside a vacuum bell jar at vacuum.  Kieth has a vacuum rig. For sustained experiments I always thought a desiccator would be a good choice because they are larger and you could introduce different gasses to see if they improve responses.

Peeps finding evp within background noise has been around for a long time.  I used to peruse national archive recordings and found evp in the earliest recordings.

AtransC did a white paper which touches on the subject of transform or opportunistic evp:

https://atransc.org/itc-white-paper/#_Toc48739566

With things like fireworks - gunshots - lightening / thunder and the doppler effect of a passing police or ambulance siren...evp can be heard about 2 - 5 seconds after the apex of the sound starts to recede.

Wind gusts are a good source.  For a slightly controlled scenario would be to record on a windy day inside a bathroom or other room with a vent to the roof.  That way you can get a fairly consistent level of wind noise that does not overpower the sound level.

I like wind because it produces VLF.

Flowing / dripping water is also good.  It produces ultrasound.

Record on a windy day near a waterfall and you got your bases covered  🙂

Ron

Thank you guys for your most valuable responses! From Ron's answers I could conclude that EVP could be an acoustical phenomenon, however one cannot explain why then we cannot hear the ITC voives directly with our ears. Jeff's answer is indicating that it is not acoustical nor electrical in general.

What I'd like to know  is, if you believe that EVP is manifesting itself in our world by always the same physical phenomenon or can it be sometimes acoustical, if we use a microphone, and sometimes electrical fluctuations in radio static? My experience is that microphone voices are the clearest I ever got. They really sound like natural human speech with all characteristics involved. Voice gained from electric noise signals sounds different generally. Taking into account all my experiments with all kinds of electric noise sources I came to the conclusion the in terms of a model you could imagine a transfer function from the ethereal to our world that is highly non linear, resembling the characteristic of a diode because the distortion pattern is similar.

Thus I ask myself why this is so  that microphones produce rare but very good voices and other techniques more but much distorted ones.

I obtained a cardbox and some cotton patches and will try to built in a microphone that practically is isolated acoustically from the environment. A small earbud will be in the box too to add some noise.

By the way, did anyone of you guys got voices from nothing, I mean without acoustical background support? I got some but they are rare. We could conclude that there might be also different kind of energies the spirits may use apart from background noise.

I see your point. Thus a microphone is something that works as an antenna for spirit energy but its intended use is bypassed under EvP conditions. I also had my best results with electret microphones. Maybe they are more susceptible to the (probably) electrical outcomes of spirit voice manifestations compared to microphone types that are utilizing different physical concepts for transforming sound into electricity.

This should be easy to prove if we would take a electret mic capsule and seal it against sound completely like drowning it in epoxy resin or something similar. A low hanging fruit I'd like to pick.🙂

From what you said it at least appears reasonable to think that background noise increases the probability of spirit voices, likely due to energy transfer. From this point of view it could be very promising to test energy sources that don't interfere with the voice signal like ultrasonic waves. I guess this is more or less what Hans Otto Koenig did.

The most fascinating thing is that spirits seem to reconfigure any kind of noise no matter if the process is acoustically, electrically or magnetically(?) based. In our world "Noise" is not an object for itself, it is a temporal representation of a signal that has a specific physical property (electric, magnetic, acoustical,..). But for the spirits "noise" seems to be an object, a base quality for itself and it's physical representation is not that important.

19 hours ago, Arizona EVP said:

Peeps finding evp within background noise has been around for a long time.  I used to peruse nation archive recordings and found evp in the earliest recordings.

Ron, you must have done a tremendous amount of work to scan the archived material. What were the earliest evident of EVP you have found?

11 hours ago, Andres Ramos said:

Ron, you must have done a tremendous amount of work to scan the archived material. What were the earliest evident of EVP you have found?

Well...for me at least - once I got to the point where I was getting evp's in my own recordings I branched out to seek out unsolicited evp's.

From  youtube to 911 calls to body cam video to moment of death video to hydrophone recordings to police interviews like the ones released in the Casey Anthony missing child case to airline crash black box recordings to Nasa archives and beyond I wanted to hear for myself.

And yep - they've been talking for quite some time.

The Slave Narratives recordings at the library of congress had interesting evp's as did some of the Nasa archives.

As for the earliest - I'd have to say it was the Disk 1 recording of Charles Sumner Tainter from Oct 1881.

More info can be found here:  http://www.firstsounds.org/research/volta.php

In this recording which I have attached - it starts with a person trilling their "R's" then counting from 1 to 6 then trilling the "R's" again.

Toward the end of the recording at approximately 8 1/2 second mark I heard a faint evp.

Upon filtering that segment I was pleased to hear the whole phrase.

The files include the original recording - the filtered evp - the filtered evp looped 3x and a pic of what I hear.

There are other early recordings with evp's but none that seemed to have that hide and seek quality of response that made me smile.

Hope y'all can hear it.

Ron

untitled1.jpg

312119_Lateral_Electroplated_Disc-120-ORIGINAL.wav 312119_Lateral_Electroplated_Disc-121-SEGMENT-FILTERED EVP.wav 312119_Lateral_Electroplated_Disc-121-EVP - LOOP 3X.wav

As for other observations - you can't discount the internal noise of the recorder / mic with or without a diode for a mic source.

I've reviewed recordings with evp's made inside an anechoic chamber.  You'd think there would be nothing there but the noise of the recorder's mic was present as were the evp's.

Speaking of which...there is a building at arizona state university that is both a giant faraday cage and anechoic chamber.  Once...upon asking a friend of mine who is a professor there if I could gain access for about 15 minutes I was told no because the building is basically used by Nasa and other corporate entities who pay for access.

Then there's the shielding issue with the wiring.  Remember the old Panasonic RR DR-60 and how it was the cat's meow for evp's? No shielding at all to that thing.

Also - there's all the crap in the air. TV - Satellite - AM - FM - Short Wave - Cell towers - radar - etc.  We're blanketed 24 hrs a day by that and all mother nature can throw at us.

Some of my equipment includes various dynamic, condenser and ribbon mics.  I used them in conjunction with a denoiser, 24 band EQ, isolation transformers and a mixer with shielded cables as well as 2 foot parabolic lenses with a 4 inch focal point.  Talk about being able to hear a flea fart.

Through it all I couldn't get rid of the noise with out the noise gate. No noise --- no evp's.

Of course I could be wrong.  I've been wrong plenty of times - just ask my wife  🙂

BigEar.JPG

BigEar-2.jpg

Wow Ron, this looks like an impressing radio station recording studio! Are all those fans for background support? Thanks for the "ancient" recordings. I heard something different but definetly a spirit voice saying "We are here" overlayed on the voice of the speaker.

On 7/4/2021 at 3:58 AM, Andres Ramos said:

Wow Ron, this looks like an impressing radio station recording studio! Are all those fans for background support? Thanks for the "ancient" recordings. I heard something different but definetly a spirit voice saying "We are here" overlayed on the voice of the speaker.

Thanks for listening.

I'm not sure what you mean about fans,  If you're talking about the 3 circular things behind the equipment rack - those are parabolic dishes I used in conjunction with different microphones.

BigEar-dishes.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2021 at 4:11 PM, Arizona EVP said:

Some of my equipment includes various dynamic, condenser and ribbon mics.  I used them in conjunction with a denoiser, 24 band EQ, isolation transformers and a mixer with shielded cables as well as 2 foot parabolic lenses with a 4 inch focal point.  Talk about being able to hear a flea fart.

Through it all I couldn't get rid of the noise with out the noise gate. No noise --- no evp's.

Of course I could be wrong.  I've been wrong plenty of times - just ask my wife  🙂

BigEar.JPG

I was happy to find this post from a year ago!  I am actually considering making and testing a parabolic reflector right now and was wondering if anyone here has used one and how it worked out.  I'm planning on using Krisp for the noise elimination after recording.  I know that that there are disadvantages of processing this way but I still would like to try it.  One issue is that there is the potential of evps being added to the original captures. I've had this happen twice before, and the only reason I knew it happened was because I made a 3 second recorded leader of silence prior to pressing the start button on the previous recording to process through Krisp.  An interesting side note is that both times the added evps in the preceding 3 seconds where saying that they wanted to "watch". 

I'm considering a ribbon mic or a condenser mic placed in the reflector.  I would think that an omnidirectional mic would be best in this situation, but maybe not. The bi-directional ribbon mic functions differently and therefor is of interest to me. 

I would be grateful for any wisdom you could share with me/us on this any of this.

Andrea

8 hours ago, ALF said:

I was happy to find this post from a year ago!  I am actually considering making and testing a parabolic reflector right now and was wondering if anyone here has used one and how it worked out.  I'm planning on using Krisp for the noise elimination after recording.  I know that that there are disadvantages of processing this way but I still would like to try it.  One issue is that there is the potential of evps being added to the original captures. I've had this happen twice before, and the only reason I knew it happened was because I made a 3 second recorded leader of silence prior to pressing the start button on the previous recording to process through Krisp.  An interesting side note is that both times the added evps in the preceding 3 seconds where saying that they wanted to "watch". 

I'm considering a ribbon mic or a condenser mic placed in the reflector.  I would think that an omnidirectional mic would be best in this situation, but maybe not. The bi-directional ribbon mic functions differently and therefor is of interest to me. 

I would be grateful for any wisdom you could share with me/us on this any of this.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

your plan sounds amazing! I had very good results with electric condenser microphones, so I can recommend them and I use them everywhere in my designs where microphones are involved. Keith Clark has much experience with Krisp which is not easy to tame in my eyes. So if you have questions regarding Krisp you should contact Keith. Moreover I can confirm that Krisp adds more EVP's generally.

The idea of a parabolic reflector is new and I would like to hear your results. I never used this actually because due to my experience the volume and quality of the background noise plays a role in ITC but not where it comes from. However you may get different results. So go on, we are curious about your results!

Andrés

12 hours ago, Andres Ramos said:

Hi Andrea,

your plan sounds amazing! I had very good results with electric condenser microphones, so I can recommend them and I use them everywhere in my designs where microphones are involved. Keith Clark has much experience with Krisp which is not easy to tame in my eyes. So if you have questions regarding Krisp you should contact Keith. Moreover I can confirm that Krisp adds more EVP's generally.

The idea of a parabolic reflector is new and I would like to hear your results. I never used this actually because due to my experience the volume and quality of the background noise plays a role in ITC but not where it comes from. However you may get different results. So go on, we are curious about your results!

Andrés

Hi Andrés,

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it!

I'm trying to boost my live sound source with the parabolic reflector pointed at it, while using a usb mic plugged into my computer which is doing the recording.  I suppose just adding an auxiliary mic would be an improvement to using the computer's built-in mic, but I am curious to see what happens. 

I'll search and see if Keith has posted information here about Krisp.  I'm getting really small voice patterns after processing with Krisp, which is why I'd like to try enhancing the sound of the source.  I'm not ready to give up on Krisp yet. I'll see if I can solve it.

Thanks again!

Andrea

• 11 months later...
On 7/1/2021 at 11:10 AM, Arizona EVP said:

I am replying to this topic and the only option it gave me was to erase Arizona EVPs comment to I could comment as well.  I have been experimenting with EVP for 3 years now.  You can read my story, I posted it on the introduce me thread.  Ghosts definitely use audio to speak theres no doubt about that.  I figured out the best way to do it and my recordings are unbelievable and unprecedented.  The louder the noise the louder their voices get.  I am trying to find someone with some pull in the paranormal community so I get noticed because I really do have the holy grail of EVP.  NOBODY on the planet has recordings like mine.  It's unbelievable when you hear it....... But yes they somehow use or manipulate audio to speak.  Steve Huff from Huff Paranormal says the same thing.