Spiricam software: Call for Alpha Testers

I've put a graphical interface onto my Spiricam program and managed to package it with pyinstaller, so it can run as an executable (amidst a ~1GB sea of support files).

If anybody has a Windows PC with a webcam (or one they can attach), and wants to experiment with visual ITC, let me know.

Here's a screenshot of the program:

image.thumb.png.53d4b4a99fae5549517e082c1954cf65.png

11 hours ago, Michael Lee said:

I've put a graphical interface onto my Spiricam program and managed to package it with pyinstaller, so it can run as an executable (amidst a ~1GB sea of support files).

If anybody has a Windows PC with a webcam (or one they can attach), and wants to experiment with visual ITC, let me know.

Here's a screenshot of the program:

image.thumb.png.53d4b4a99fae5549517e082c1954cf65.png

Man, you again made a great piece of software!

Since I have phyton and Anaconda already installed, your phyton files would be enough for me to make your app run.

Hi Michael, I downloaded V 0.74 yesterday, but I've just unzipped the files and gone to install it when I got hit with the usual warning message - it's telling me that it contains the HEUR/APC Malware threat.

Has anyone experienced this before and is it a known false flag, or is it something else?

I'm running Windows 10 and, am using Avira Security. Not sure if any additional information will be of help to you?

I've popped the file in quarantine for the moment, any help or guidance you could provide would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards
Mark D.  

Hi Michael,

This program is awesome!

And the presentation Friday night was great.

I've found a sort of small unwanted feature (we programmers don't say the word bug): if you change the device after it started, it won't do anything. You have to stop it first, then re-start it.

Other than that it works like a charm. Haven't see anything yet, but, I'll keep fishing.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:07 AM, Paranormal Reason said:

Hi Michael, I downloaded V 0.74 yesterday, but I've just unzipped the files and gone to install it when I got hit with the usual warning message - it's telling me that it contains the HEUR/APC Malware threat.

Has anyone experienced this before and is it a known false flag, or is it something else?

I'm running Windows 10 and, am using Avira Security. Not sure if any additional information will be of help to you?

I've popped the file in quarantine for the moment, any help or guidance you could provide would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards
Mark D.  

Some malware detectors don't like Python executables and all of the libraries. From what I've Googled, HEUR=heuristic - it's guessing that one of the libraries might be evil. But people say it shouldn't be a problem.

Sincerely,

the Malware on Michael's computer. 👹

On 11/1/2021 at 11:51 AM, Fernando Luis Cacciola Carballal said:

Hi Michael,

This program is awesome!

And the presentation Friday night was great.

I've found a sort of small unwanted feature (we programmers don't say the word bug): if you change the device after it started, it won't do anything. You have to stop it first, then re-start it.

Other than that it works like a charm. Haven't see anything yet, but, I'll keep fishing.

The new version v0.81 automatically pauses the recording, if a new camera is selected during recording.

Thank you for investigating further Michael, really appreciated - I sort of suspected the same, but always best to check.

I've got some quality time free this week, so I hope to be able to work with the program (new version of course!). I'm not expecting much, as I'm rubbish with seeing faces etc. However, who knows!

Kind Regards
Mark D.