Greetings All,

I'd like to thank Lance and Jeff for their most excellent instructions regarding the software Audacious and Argotlunar.  I was very curious to experiment with the software, but with a slight difference.  I decided to use a sound file instead of vocals.  

For my experiment I recorded an audio file from YouTube called, "The Singing, Ringing Tree".  I process the audio with Argotlunar.  Split the file with Wavepad, and uploaded the fragmented files to Audacious. 

Noting that I have been working with non vocal fragment sound files often over the the last several years, I feel the results using the aforementioned software was as rewarding and as effective as using the EVPMaker.   My first test audio was a bit choppy sounding at times,  but I believe Jeff mentioned applying crossfade which will hopefully help alleviate that problem.

I'd like to share two EVPs from my test.  One being from the beginning of the recording, which came through the strongest.  And the last EVP at the end of the recording where the choppiness is more noticeable and some words start to become more ambiguous, as perhaps,  the energy fades.   I won't include what I hear here,  but the link will show my interpretation at the top of the file.   Thanks for listening - and please share if you hear something different!

https://app.box.com/s/bp5v5lhy7t1ldhr2hy41dkmio2s2z6jz

https://app.box.com/s/2qr5gm8119wqonjeazcxg6xoaatwgtst

19 hours ago, Sfay said:

Greetings All,

I'd like to thank Lance and Jeff for their most excellent instructions regarding the software Audacious and Argotlunar.  I was very curious to experiment with the software, but with a slight difference.  I decided to use a sound file instead of vocals.  

For my experiment I recorded an audio file from YouTube called, "The Singing, Ringing Tree".  I process the audio with Argotlunar.  Split the file with Wavepad, and uploaded the fragmented files to Audacious. 

Noting that I have been working with non vocal fragment sound files often over the the last several years, I feel the results using the aforementioned software was as rewarding and as effective as using the EVPMaker.   My first test audio was a bit choppy sounding at times,  but I believe Jeff mentioned applying crossfade which will hopefully help alleviate that problem.

I'd like to share two EVPs from my test.  One being from the beginning of the recording, which came through the strongest.  And the last EVP at the end of the recording where the choppiness is more noticeable and some words start to become more ambiguous, as perhaps,  the energy fades.   I won't include what I hear here,  but the link will show my interpretation at the top of the file.   Thanks for listening - and please share if you hear something different!

https://app.box.com/s/bp5v5lhy7t1ldhr2hy41dkmio2s2z6jz

https://app.box.com/s/2qr5gm8119wqonjeazcxg6xoaatwgtst

Very good results Sfay!! This is Class I EVP in my ears. The sound is remarkably clear and noise free. What post processing did you use?

2 hours ago, Andres Ramos said:

Very good results Sfay!! This is Class I EVP in my ears. The sound is remarkably clear and noise free. What post processing did you use?

Thanks for listening Andres.  I sincerely appreciate your kind remarks!  I just did a little noise reduction using Wavpad.   

Here is a longer clip before I fully isolated the message and then used light noise reduction.

https://app.box.com/s/ub1f1fwjnd8rvuboq2tk0d91wdxg6zmi

Thank you Sfay! The audio is very legible. You should go on with this. Seems to me that these methods around using soundfiles, chopped ore even not(like Arizona EVP did) have much potential. I once developed another simple method by crumpling mylar foil and applying paulstreching in Audacity to the recording.

These methods are easy to realize, are giving good results and don't require special hardware.

13 hours ago, Andres Ramos said:

Thank you Sfay! The audio is very legible. You should go on with this. Seems to me that these methods around using soundfiles, chopped ore even not(like Arizona EVP did) have much potential. I once developed another simple method by crumpling mylar foil and applying paulstreching in Audacity to the recording.

These methods are easy to realize, are giving good results and don't require special hardware.

I'm actually working on something similar using the EVPM,  but will continue to work with the Audacious method to see if it can produce similar results.  Using my current method,  spirit is able to come through in real-time,  say a few words,  and then it slips back into EVPs.  They seem to do this by creating real-time chatter in the background of a non vocal file.  

I've been aware of Arizona EVP's  SpiritRON for a few years.  Very impressed with the real-time communication.  I really enjoyed a Halloween video he once posted of trick- or- treaters talking with spirit through his method! 

Your mylar foil method sounds very intriguing.  I'd like to hear audio of the sound it created, any posts on this forum?