Experiments with the "Phono Paper" App

Just downloaded and tested the phono paper app from the playstore (see free software section). Just took a snapshot from the hotel room we're currently in.

20201025_182847.jpg

This is the sound PP made out of the image.

20.10.25 18.15.wav

And this is what I extracted from it with Lexi's Audio editor. It sounds like "Follow the gypsy"

PP-Follow the gypsy.mp3

22 minutes ago, Arizona EVP said:

In the first file -18.15.wav at about 1 1/2 seconds I hear a child's response that seems to say:  We Love You

The sound reminds me of some of those sounds from space.

My favorite space sounds are Earth's Auroral Kilometeric Radiation also known as AKR.

Ron

Do you received this sound yourself or is there some server broadcasting this signal?

I made a shot from the tapestry on the wall and slowed down the audio. Clear speech patterns! I made a transcript from german into english.

Original:

Ist vorbei. Es ist fünf. Es benutzt es. Es verdient den Para schutz. Nützt uns nichts. Jetzt hat er uns. Und nichts. Jeder kann. Fällt über Bord. Seegang. Sah Gürtel dann. Mit Öl verbindet. Lebt er dort? Fünf vor fünf. Sind immer noch.
Mann verletzt. Und er krepiert. Mann Dorf. Du glaubst mir das und er will wagen. Leben lang. Betrogen. Wird der Pilot überleben? Sind in den Handlungen. Wer kennt Mürbelen? Wir wissen, jetzt wirds lange. Landen. Mittlerin hat. Er hört die Witwe wenn. Er nutzt es. Das wäre weg. Er steckt das ganz schön weg. Erfährt er von uns.

Translated

It's over. It's five. It's using it. It deserves para protection. It is of no use to us. He has us now. And nothing. Anyone can. Fall overboard. Swell. Saw belt then. Connected with oil. Does he live there? Five to five. Still are. Man down. And he's dying. Man in the village. You believe me and he wants to take a chance. for the rest of his life. Cheated. Will the pilot survive? Are in the actions. Who knows Mürbelen? We know, now it's long. Landing. Middleman has. He hears the widow when. He uses it. That's gone. He's putting it all away. He finds out about us.

20.10.25 18.49.wav

1 hour ago, Andres Ramos said:

Do you received this sound yourself or is there some server broadcasting this signal?

Greetings Earthling 🙂

While AKR does not have a live stream there are some longer clips found online.

However there are VLF live streams:

http://abelian.org/vlf/

https://naturalradiolab.com/natural-radio-sites/

If you want, you can select several stations to play at the same time.  The abelian site is where I got the initial source audio for SpiriTron.

Nanu - Nanu,

Ron

From what I found out by experimenting with the app it seems it works with a noise generator and a tuned bandfilter. The content covered by the white scan line seems to determine a sweep going over the line from one endpoint to the other. If you take a photo the scan line goes over the whole picture, successively converting the whole image into sound.