Oxenfree , a videogame about ITC

Alberto

Hi, I have seen in certain ITC articles that when they mention examples of the phenomenon appearing in the media, they mention movies like "White Noise", but I don't think they have ever mentioned the video game OXENFREE. I think generally the current generation of TCI researchers didn't grow up playing video games so they don't know about the existence of this game.

A few months ago the Epic Store game store gave it away and I had it in my list of games without installing, but I had an idea that it had something to do with the ITC because they used a radio, but boy, after playing it I did not know what it was an integral part of the game.

PLOT:
Alex, a teenager, is on the last ferry heading to the fictional Edwards Island for a weekend party. She is accompanied by Ren (Aaron Kuban), her stoner friend, and Jonas, her new stepbrother de ella. On the island, Alex and company meet Clarissa, the ex-girlfriend of Alex's deceased brother Michael, and Nona, Clarissa's best friend and Ren's love interest.

Ren explains the island was once a military base and that the island's only permanent resident, Maggie Adler, has recently died. After camping on the beach, Alex, Ren, and Jonas explore the nearby caves, where it is rumored certain radio frequencies cause supernatural events. In a small cavern, Alex tunes her radio and unexpectedly forms a dimensional rift. A voice answers and the teens experience visions before passing out .....

In the game the use of the radio to communicate with the spirits is integral, the spirits use excerpts from existing radio programs to form sentences and deliver their message. As the game progresses you will find analog devices such as old cassette recorders, wire ones and short wave radios. Travel in time and to other dimensions are also part of the plot.

I really liked the music and the plot and its references to the ITC, it is short and in a couple of days or in a single day you can finish it, I recommend it.

Oxenfree is available for Android, iOS, PC, Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PS4.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 5:56 AM, Alberto said:

Hi, I have seen in certain ITC articles that when they mention examples of the phenomenon appearing in the media, they mention movies like "White Noise", but I don't think they have ever mentioned the video game OXENFREE. I think generally the current generation of TCI researchers didn't grow up playing video games so they don't know about the existence of this game.

A few months ago the Epic Store game store gave it away and I had it in my list of games without installing, but I had an idea that it had something to do with the ITC because they used a radio, but boy, after playing it I did not know what it was an integral part of the game.

PLOT:
Alex, a teenager, is on the last ferry heading to the fictional Edwards Island for a weekend party. She is accompanied by Ren (Aaron Kuban), her stoner friend, and Jonas, her new stepbrother de ella. On the island, Alex and company meet Clarissa, the ex-girlfriend of Alex's deceased brother Michael, and Nona, Clarissa's best friend and Ren's love interest.

Ren explains the island was once a military base and that the island's only permanent resident, Maggie Adler, has recently died. After camping on the beach, Alex, Ren, and Jonas explore the nearby caves, where it is rumored certain radio frequencies cause supernatural events. In a small cavern, Alex tunes her radio and unexpectedly forms a dimensional rift. A voice answers and the teens experience visions before passing out .....

In the game the use of the radio to communicate with the spirits is integral, the spirits use excerpts from existing radio programs to form sentences and deliver their message. As the game progresses you will find analog devices such as old cassette recorders, wire ones and short wave radios. Travel in time and to other dimensions are also part of the plot.

I really liked the music and the plot and its references to the ITC, it is short and in a couple of days or in a single day you can finish it, I recommend it.

Oxenfree is available for Android, iOS, PC, Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PS4.

ITC in a game, that is amazing. Here we can see again that game developers are very experimental inclined and open minded.