Jump to content

Short EVP Clip Help


Recommended Posts

Greetings,

Today I started by ITC/EVP journey. I sat in complete darkness in my basement with an old tube radio set on white noise and a digital recorder nearby.

I did a quick meditation and then asked some questions. I found a short clip I'm interested in but it requires some sort of audio cleanup.

I'm wondering if there is a standard process for cleaning up EVPs using Audacity, WavPad, etc...

Thank you

Bryce

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Bryce,

Welcome to Varanormal. You have started an exciting journey, and we are glad you found us here.

I will have a listen to your file.

A tube radio is an excellent sound source. Might I suggest that a spot on shortwave or mediumwave where there is noise and mixed babble of interfering voices makes an excellent sound source for voices to manifest.

There is no real defined procedure for cleaning up voices, apart from removal of excessive noise and then some amplification and equalisation, which can be done in Audacity or Wavepad using the appropriate functions. Sometimes alteration of pitch and speed will bring greater clarity (usually lower pitch and sometimes lower speed) and also use of added reverb can add some 'body' to the voice (excuse the pun) making it sound more substantial. If you need more specifics on the above, please let us know.

JEFF

Edited by Dr Jeffers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

 

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good peeps here to try and answer any questions you may have.

As far as your clip....here's one filtered version of what I got.

It starts at about 5 seconds and what I hear is a lower pitch response that seems to say  You Found Me

The clip and interpretation pic is attached.

Ron

 

You Found Me.jpg

080921_Recording_Brycek.wav

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Version 2 of your file I stripped away more layers and came up with the following:

I used the spike just right of center as the dividing line for either side of the clip.

It starts with a mid-pitch response that seems to say  Give Us A Look

Then just after the spike the you found me changes to the ever popular Help Me

This is followed by an almost mechanical sounding response that seems to say  My Name's Durant.

Headphones might be required.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Give Us A Look - My Name's Durant.jpg

080921_Recording_Brycek VERSION 2.wav

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Arizona EVP said:

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good peeps here to try and answer any questions you may have.

As far as your clip....here's one filtered version of what I got.

It starts at about 5 seconds and what I hear is a lower pitch response that seems to say  You Found Me

The clip and interpretation pic is attached.

Ron

 

You Found Me.jpg

080921_Recording_Brycek.wav 767.29 kB · 5 downloads

Hi Ron!

Thank you so very much for your time and effort on this. It's miraculous!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Arizona EVP said:

In Version 2 of your file I stripped away more layers and came up with the following:

I used the spike just right of center as the dividing line for either side of the clip.

It starts with a mid-pitch response that seems to say  Give Us A Look

Then just after the spike the you found me changes to the ever popular Help Me

This is followed by an almost mechanical sounding response that seems to say  My Name's Durant.

Headphones might be required.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Give Us A Look - My Name's Durant.jpg

080921_Recording_Brycek VERSION 2.wav 767.29 kB · 4 downloads

Wow! I'm really blown away by this! Once again thanks for your time on this Ron!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Dr Jeffers said:

Hi Bryce,

Welcome to Varanormal. You have started an exciting journey, and we are glad you found us here.

I will have a listen to your file.

A tube radio is an excellent sound source. Might I suggest that a spot on shortwave or mediumwave where there is noise and mixed babble of interfering voices makes an excellent sound source for voices to manifest.

There is no real defined procedure for cleaning up voices, apart from removal of excessive noise and then some amplification and equalisation, which can be done in Audacity or Wavepad using the appropriate functions. Sometimes alteration of pitch and speed will bring greater clarity (usually lower pitch and sometimes lower speed) and also use of added reverb can add some 'body' to the voice (excuse the pun) making it sound more substantial. If you need more specifics on the above, please let us know.

JEFF

Hi Dr. Jeffers,

Thanks so much for recommendation. I wanted to clarify what you had suggested, "Might I suggest that a spot on shortwave or mediumwave where there is noise and mixed babble of interfering voices makes an excellent sound source for voices to manifest." Do you mean in addition to the old tube radio have another device (such as radio tuned to say AM talk radio) or other such devices?

Thanks for stopping by!

Bryce

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Brizbot5000 said:

Today I started by ITC/EVP journey. I sat in complete darkness in my basement with an old tube radio set on white noise and a digital recorder nearby.

From my perspective,  you really don't need to sit in complete darkness or try to mimic anything you might see on those paranormal shows.

Trans dimensional communication can take place anytime - anywhere - 24 / 7,  so be comfortable while you experiment.

Sound texture is helpful with the formulation of responses so feel free to experiment with sounds other than a tube radio.

Here's a link to MyNoise.net.  They have several soundscapes available if you want to play:

https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

 

As far as software,  I've never used audacity or wavepad to filter clips so I'll defer to others for that.

Ron

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks @Arizona EVP Ron! I am clear on using the noise removal/amplify process but are there any other clean-up procedures you use? The one thing I am looking into, but am not sure if its possible, is how to separate the "voice" from the static. I don't see how/if it can be done since it's sort of like a soft serve ice cream twist sorta situation...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Bryce, welcome to the forum.

2 hours ago, Brizbot5000 said:

Thanks @Arizona EVP Ron! I am clear on using the noise removal/amplify process but are there any other clean-up procedures you use? The one thing I am looking into, but am not sure if its possible, is how to separate the "voice" from the static. I don't see how/if it can be done since it's sort of like a soft serve ice cream twist sorta situation...



Yea I agree with Ron, parting the static from voice contact completely,  is a no goer in my opinion .  Like been said above, the static can be calmed and quieted down a bit, but to much and the voice starts to deteriorate....  The static as a background sound source is what the spirit uses to embedded their voice.  
But we are all learning in this field all the time,  enjoy this amazing journey into ITC

Take care, Lance. 

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Brizbot5000 said:

Do you mean in addition to the old tube radio have another device (such as radio tuned to say AM talk radio) or other such devices?

Hi Bryce,

Im sorry, I didnt explain that well. What I was suggesting was to use the tube radio on shortwave or mediumwave where there was inter-station babble, so it is outputting a complex mixture of sounds / voices and of varying volume. This rich mixture will give the ingredients necessary for voices to form easily. But yes, if the tube radio doesnt receive these types of babble but only static, then another radio outputting some talkback would be useful with it (at low level) so there becomes a mixture of static and voice - maybe two or three radios on differing talkback stations perhaps, as long as they are of comparative volume to the static from the tube radio.

As the others have mentioned, the voices form from the sounds we supply, and the two critical aspects to this are providing a wide complex bandwidth sound AND it having a good dynamic range (varying in volume). This is one reason why it is not possible to filter out all of the noise, as when this is done, the voice content is also usually removed too. The dynamic range is important, as it gives impetus for the voices to form, so if is lacking, then its less likely voices will form.

For example is one uses a hissing gas flame as a sound source, then hissing voices can occur. BUT this type of sound is constant in volume, so the chances of forming voices are reduced. A growling motor will produce growling sounding voices, etc. The sound you used from the radio was a constant level buzz, so it wasnt the best type of sound to be getting good results.

I recommended voice babble, as this is the easiest for spirit to transform into a voice, so in effect a piece of an announcers voice will transform into a personal message. This is however sometimes difficult to discern and can lead to confusion. For starting out, perhaps other types of noise may be more useful as Ron has suggested. I used to use the sound of running water into a basin, as it was a very complex sound with high dynamic range.

Please ask more questions if you need to. We are here to help you.

Edited by Dr Jeffers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.