Another thing I wanted to try out was the sound of carbon particles immersed in oil. The oild adds better insulation of the carbon particles to the compound and I expected the sound to be more calm. So I prepared another glass vessel, drilled holes for thumbtack electrodes I glued in, filled it with graphite powder and added Ballistol oil, a high quality oil that is not gummying.
In fact the sound was more steady an calm. With 40V DC bias at the cell I got a nice smooth noise signal with a soft overlay of spiky voices.
Raw Export Graphite-Oil: Graphite Oil.mp3
Processed (Reverb and denoising) Export Graphite Oil:Graphite Oil - Processed.mp3
I heard some very personal messages in german, one predicted a heart attack for me, but I leave it up to to make your own interpretation and put them all here as a list.
- Und das ist nun deine Bestätigung.mp3
- Und die Wirtschaft irren sich nicht.mp3
- Und jetzt im November wirt du der Navi.mp3
- Wer vergisst ihn - der Vater.mp3
- Wird wien Fax.mp3
- Blicke doch zum Fenster.mp3
- Der erfasst Glück.mp3
- Du bist ein Land wie groß.mp3
- Du wirst einen Herzinfarkt kriegen.mp3
- Glück errettet - merkst du schon.mp3
- Jetzt hat er plötzlich Magenspiegelung.mp3
- Jetzt kommt erst sein Problem.mp3
- Läuft doch mit dem Lack.mp3
- Letzten November.mp3
- Meiden Verluste.mp3
- Nun begreifst du und verlass dich nur Gefühl.mp3
- Produkte wir haben.mp3
Some messages had a very actual context for me. One said "Look to the window". My desk is directly in front of the room window. Then I was told I now learned my lesson very well to trust my inner feelings, what is entirely true. I also received one message that said "It will be like faxing". Actually I am working on a software named "SpiritFax" since a while and maybe this message was addressing it.
Another one told me I would become a "navigator" in november and the most stunning one was "Works good with the varnish". For a moment I was confused but then I realized they were addressing the oil! Ballistol oil has the color of amber and if you don't know what it is it looks like varnish!