Steve Freier -(www.theunobstructeduniverse) Book Overview of Leslie Kean's Book

Surviving Death A Journalist Investigates Evidence for an Afterlife by Leslie Kean

This is one of the best books I've read about life after death, and I have read dozens of them. It is both scholarly as well as personal. This is a well-written and well-researched book of great depth. It covers it all from reincarnation to neard e a t h e x p e r i e n c e s t o p h y s i c a l mediumship in a very engaging and humanistic manner. Uncovering solid evidence for survival is one thing but how we handle this information intellectually and emotionally is another important aspect that the author addresses throughout the book. The key to understanding this book is that the author, Leslie Kean, is a researcher who endeavors to back up unusual phenomena with scientific proof wherever possible. She alternates between the telling of unusual stories of R e i n c a r n a t i o n , N D E s , O B E s , Materialization Seances, etc. with extensive evidence of scientific proof to back up the claims and experiences. It should be noted that Leslie has previously authored books on UFOs, so perhaps this topic is more 'tame' for her. That said, we discover that her interest in communing with the dead and other related topics began with the sudden death of her brother when she started experiencing strange psychic phenomena, obviously coming from him. Throughout the book she finds ways of interweaving her psychic experiences with him as they might relate to the chapter topic at hand. In the first two chapters of this book the author covers in great detail, the famous case of James Leininger, a young American child who at age two began having intense nightmares of a plane crash. When James began screaming out recurring phrases like, "Plane on fire! Little man can't get out!" the Leiningers were compelled to take notice. Over time James began providing additional pastlife memories of being an American bomber pilot who was killed when his plane was shot down by the Japanese during World War II. He provided details that included the name of an American aircraft carrier, the first and last name of a friend who was on the ship with him, a location and other specifics about the fatal crash. His parents eventually discovered a close correspondence between James׳s statements and the death of a World War II pilot named James Huston. The case is well documented and the full details were verified over the course of the ensuing years by his father, a devout Christian who did not believe in reincarnation and wanted to prove that what he was hearing from his son was untrue. It's a great detective story that plays out dramatically over the next few years as James reveals more details and actually names some of the other pilots in his squadron, and then finally meets his own sister from that life, who is now 84 years old! And when he meets her in person, he keeps providing details that of course he should not know! Powerful evidence of Reincarnation! It's a great story, too! In Part IV, The Impossible Made Real, Kean examines instances of physical mediumship where the author takes part i n e x p e r i m e n t s w i t h f u l l - f o r m materializations that manifest in séance sessions; especially important here is the work of the British medium Stewart Alexander to whom the author made several research visits. If you are not already aware, “Physical Mediumship” is the most difficult and rare type of mediumship and these days most people believe this was only done back in thelate 1800s – early 1900s, or was faked.
But the fact is that in our day and age  there are still a few physical mediums around the world, however most of them work under cover, 'in the dark' so to speak in order to escape from all the skeptical unbelievers that will attack them as frauds. Stewart Alexander, is one of the top physical mediums of our time who has been working at developing his abilities for over 40  years and whom Ms. Kean has  personally validated.
This book has recently made quite a splash in the media! And now Surviving Death is a docuseries
exploring ideas of life after death and medi umship. It was released on Netflix on January 6, 2021.

Steve Freier is a researcher and
reviewer of metaphysical books. He
is also a professional video producer
specializing in personal and
promotional videos in YouTube
fashion. He resides in Door County,
Wisconsin. Contact:
sgfreier23@gmail.com