Kiwi SDR - How Can We Relay Output Without A Browser?

• Administrators

Hello everyone!

I have a KiwiSDR that is a great little self-contained box. Its in my office, connected to a big 'ol active loop antenna in the same room.

My work began with radio a long time ago where I received many messages and unique voice attempts over radio. Since 2008 I've been streaming experiments live.

Now, the issue that I have is that the radio works great; however the current methodology is that you need to have a browser open to connect to the internal webpage of the sdr. Due to internet outages, power blips, and other associated challenges- if I am streaming and any of these challenges occur, the connection from the browser to the sdr is broken. It does not automatically reconnect - rendering the live stream dead until I am aware of it and re-open a browser. To me, this means it is unfeasible for streaming.

I know something called "IQ" data (I believe) enables unprocessed audio to be passed through, but I don't have any idea how to use it. Emailed support and didn't really get any answers. 

Therefore, in light of these challenges, I am asking if anyone out there knows how to implement the IQ data, receive it so I can then route it into virtual audio cable so I can do post-processing - without a browser.

Information on the KiwiSdr is here: http://kiwisdr.com

If you want to experiment on this challenge with my sdr, please contact me privately and I'll share the connection info with you.

It is a shame because radio is an excellent medium, and this past investment (about $700 U.S. dollars is practically nulled out due to a technical challenge. If it was fixed, we would have another great radio source to stream.

When it comes to experiments it doesn't really matter where the device is because our energy field sustains it, and that is non-local. However, we can't really prove this theory if the device we have is not sustainable and consistent. 

What is your idea on how this current limitation can be overcome?

Thank you, 

Keith