Life After Life

1.jpg.b5496313903a12e6e40f959b87806842.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c46a5b0e29a5e7cb22f48fe3c81c3972.jpg

Every month we seek out the best research, stories, and other thought-provoking writing to enlighten, inspire, and entertain. We hope you LOVE this month's selections as much as we do!

3.png.6d9774ea2d1f189925f17e38c1d11533.png  

Pets and Shared Death Experiences

Please enjoy this clip from A Glimpse Beyond the Threshold: Shared Death Experiences with Dr. Raymond Moody, William Peters, and Lisa Smartt. 

More about the course:

A Glimpse Beyond the Threshold: Shared Death Experiences is a 6-Part online, self-study course available now.

Shared death experiences (SDEs) are incredible events whereby one or more loved ones or caregivers report sharing in a dying person’s transition to the initial stages of the afterlife.

This course will introduce you to shared death experiences. You will learn the importance of SDEs and what they mean for us all.

5.jpg.aad2f73b243f44a47d22bc4ede5a3c69.jpg  

Confessions of a Reluctant Animal Lover

by Dr. Kenneth Ring

Nature and I are two. – Woody Allen 

I’ve always loved that quip of Woody’s, probably because I identify with it. For much of my life, and even to some extent today, I have felt not only removed from nature but alien to it. Some years ago, I wrote a memoir about my father from whom I was separated at an early age and who died when he was scarcely forty years old. I called it My Father, Once Removed. If I were to write about my life in nature, I could give it a similar title. 

Didn’t Thomas Carlyle, who was not a fan of things mechanical, somewhere assert that “machines are inherently aggressive?” Well, I could say something akin to that sentiment about nature – that it is inherently frightening, at least to me. 

9.jpg.36c93ac239fd2774ad57e2b7bfff3ac5.jpg  

Hope From Heaven

The following is an excerpt from Hope From Heaven: A True Story Of Divine Intervention And The Girl Who Came Back As God's Messenger. In the book Elissa Hope tells the story of her near death experience at 14 and how it's shaped her life.

CHAPTER THREE-- At Heaven’s Door

Three figures were floating toward me – beautiful beings in long white gowns, with blue eyes and porcelain skin and soft waves of long golden hair. Though I was standing on what felt like solid ground, they floated above it, and I saw that on their backs they had delicate white wings. I had no doubt that I was looking at my very own guardian angels!

Each of them came to me and embraced me with great tenderness. 

10.jpg.602aff7bb86f41d2dd12395719963835.jpg  

Divinely Align Me

by Alicia Young

We're pleased to announce the publication of Alicia Young's new book Divinely Align Me: How Signs from the Universe Keep You on Your Path.  You can read a brief excerpt below:

We used to joke that my father needed so many angels, there would be mass unemployment in heaven when he passed. As I look back on the stories you're about to read, I'm a little embarrassed at the number of times I've been protected. It implies that I barrel through life recklessly. In fact, that's not the case, nor did it apply to Dad. But I have to consider that a free spirit, and a reasonably traveled one at that, would encounter a few situations that called for extra help. These days, I'm more grateful than embarrassed.

Read More

NEW BOOKS OF INTEREST

14.thumb.jpg.4d28b421c4d94d5bad144e3741e25a2e.jpg

This is Ken Ring's last book, and though he claims to spend most of his days whimpering, his farewell to writing, as his final essays will demonstrate, certainly goes out with a bang. As he veers unsteadily toward eighty-seven, Ring has lost none of his verve or literary panache. As always, his essays sparkle with his usual wit, but mainly reflect Ring's more serious concern to address some of the topics that have engaged him during this last phase of his life.

Still, the book begins in a more lighthearted way with his reminiscing about his early life with his absent father ("my father, once removed," he calls him) and about some of the other things that shaped his character, such as the greatest movie ever made that few people have heard of. He also devotes several essays to largely unknown facets of Helen Keller's extraordinary career, including "The Sex Life of a Saint." But most of the rest of the book is devoted to Ring's careful study of the lives of animals and considerations of animal welfare and the movement for animal rights. And it concludes, fittingly enough, with a number of essays that distill what Ring believes are the most important lessons that people should take from his many years of researching near-death experiences—all of which was foreshadowed by that film he saw as a youth that changed his life and foretold his destiny.

Blogging Toward Infinity: Last Notes from the Ringdom is available on Amazon. For more information, click HERE.

Kenneth Ring, PhD is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Connecticut, the author of five books on near-death experiences (NDEs), including his bestselling Lessons from the Light, and cofounder and first president of the International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS).

2.thumb.jpg.92520cbb3d278554020debd0456c01de.jpg

In his new book, Dr. Raymond Moody looks at God and how his personal understanding of the Creator has changed over the course of his life and research into near death experiences.  

Dr. Moody organizes his insights about God into 12 simple but profound ideas and walks us through them using stories and examples from his own life and from accounts of encounters with God in the hereafter. 

He looks at our society's beliefs about God, how religion can both help and hinder our relationships with the Divine, and how we can bring Source into our lives with a new understanding that transcends all limits. 

God Is Bigger Than the Bible is available on Amazon in Kindle and Paperback formats. For more information, click HERE.