Life after Life October Blog

logo1.jpg.a599d9cb64a65041873555cfe7af06b7.jpg

Every month we seek out the best research, stories, and other thought-provoking writing to enlighten, inspire, and entertain. We hope you LOVE this month's selections as much as we do!

Blogging.thumb.jpg.63daedbbbe7049cfbdb2cd0e392059a3.jpg  

Excerpt from Blogging Toward Infinity by Kenneth Ring, Ph.D

You now hold in your hands – unless you are reading this on your screen – my last book. Of course, I don’t mean my most recent book; I mean the last book I will ever write. Yes, you’ve heard this vow before. Each time I write a book nowadays, I tell you (and my publisher) that it is absolutely, positively and definitely my last book, which turns out to be true until one day, it isn’t. However, now that I am heading toward 87 and the scrap heap, I am convinced that I have finally reached the end of my writing life. From now on, I intend to devote myself to perfecting my cribbage game while I can still count.

bird.jpg.e2342e677ea3cbe468307d2d942bac65.jpg

The Death Experience with Roberta Grimes

It’s time for us to talk about the greatest day of your earthly life! I’ll grant you that from where you sit, it may be hard for you to envision the day when your current body expires as the greatest day of your earthly life. But please indulge me here, since that future day will bring about a shift in your perspective that might surprise you.

As we have been preparing to launch Seek Reality Online, we’ve been harvesting the best evidence from nine years of podcasts and seven years of these blog posts. And it has shocked me to realize how poorly I have been serving you in helping you to get your mind around what actually is going on in this brief and temporary reality that we share. Our bodily senses are useful tools for living here on earth. But that fact makes of them a tremendous ongoing distraction!

813783013_lisasmartt.thumb.jpg.7e36d7ca5e3782919f9e806e2e63c034.jpg  

Lisa Smartt's Interview with David Lovegrove

We hope you enjoy Lisa's interview with David Lovegrove from his Youtube channel, The Portal Superpowers.

Lisa's journey in her own words --

"I had the distinct honor and pleasure of meeting Dr. Raymond Moody when I took a seminar from him in 2012 shortly after the death of my father. I had many questions as I was not only a grieving daughter but also a curious linguist who was struck by the changes in my father’s language as he was dying. As I noticed my father’s utterances shifting increasingly towards metaphor and certain kinds of nonsense, I had dozens of questions about the fascinating changes I saw–and Raymond shared in my curiosity and wonder..."

whet.jpg.5030cc94356c4900ba31a888f5495e48.jpg  

Soul Plans and Estrangement

By Alicia Young

My sister passed in an accident. At the time, we hadn’t been spoken for two years. I took it hard, and I drank too much for a while. Is she still angry with me? 

I get this question a lot, and it’s heartbreaking because by the time it’s raised, you have already suffered so much. I hope this brings a measure of comfort: when we imagine loved smarting over an argument or a deeper divide, we’re attaching a human emotion to the spirit world. Your sister exists in the world of the absolute, where love, peace and joy exist unopposed. She can no longer feel other human emotions, nor does she have any need for them. 

Read More

Blogging.thumb.jpg.63daedbbbe7049cfbdb2cd0e392059a3.jpg  
g

This is Ken Ring's last book, and though he claims to spend most of his days whimpering, his farewell to writing, as his final essays will demonstrate, certainly goes out with a bang. As he veers unsteadily toward eighty-seven, Ring has lost none of his verve or literary panache. As always, his essays sparkle with his usual wit, but mainly reflect Ring's more serious concern to address some of the topics that have engaged him during this last phase of his life.

Still, the book begins in a more lighthearted way with his reminiscing about his early life with his absent father ("my father, once removed," he calls him) and about some of the other things that shaped his character, such as the greatest movie ever made that few people have heard of. He also devotes several essays to largely unknown facets of Helen Keller's extraordinary career, including "The Sex Life of a Saint." But most of the rest of the book is devoted to Ring's careful study of the lives of animals and considerations of animal welfare and the movement for animal rights. And it concludes, fittingly enough, with a number of essays that distill what Ring believes are the most important lessons that people should take from his many years of researching near-death experiences—all of which was foreshadowed by that film he saw as a youth that changed his life and foretold his destiny.

Blogging Toward Infinity: Last Notes from the Ringdom is available on Amazon. For more information, click HERE.

Kenneth Ring, PhD is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Connecticut, the author of five books on near-death experiences (NDEs), including his bestselling Lessons from the Light, and cofounder and first president of the International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS).

BbcUc9aySXWjOtNWUsnA_God_Is_Bigger_Final_MD.thumb.jpg.95442a736b556e3f27d61d319e653ef6.jpg

In his new book, Dr. Raymond Moody looks at God and how his personal understanding of the Creator has changed over the course of his life and research into near death experiences.  

Dr. Moody organizes his insights about God into 12 simple but profound ideas and walks us through them using stories and examples from his own life and from accounts of encounters with God in the hereafter. 

He looks at our society's beliefs about God, how religion can both help and hinder our relationships with the Divine, and how we can bring Source into our lives with a new understanding that transcends all limits. 

God Is Bigger Than the Bible is available on Amazon in Kindle and Paperback formats. For more information, click HERE.