ITC Gem 9: Convincing a Skeptical Public

1283460153_stonestacks.thumb.jpg.2ca60e15617e9bbcc28138b7e69c297f.jpg

ITC Gem 9: Convincing a Skeptical Public

Posted on 2010 June 13 by Mark Macy

Editor’s Note: This post is mostly in response to a lively conversation in the comments section of one of my other recent posts… on the strangeness of material “reality.” (click here to read that dialog between Liz Wagner and Les Harris)

In many contacts our spirit friends told us that public skepticism would present a major hurdle for ITC research… and in this contact, the Seven ethereals explained that most of that skepticism can be traced back to the separation of the physical mind with our higher spiritual self.

Technician:

“Fear of death is one of the most distressing concepts of human culture. It is based on the conscious belief that your bodily existence offers life and security, which it never wants to lose. Fear of death therefore is evidence of the mind having lost its roots. It shows a spiritual being who has far removed itself from its higher self.

“You owe this mentality largely to an intellectual and scientific way of thinking. It wants all thoughts reduced to a comprehensible level of material existence.

“The church also has many difficulties. These days, the churchgoer knows very little about heaven, hell and life after death. Indeed, a large number of them deny these things. Such skepticism which is most prevalent among those who are wise and worldly could easily influence and corrupt people of simple faith and pure heart.

“Heaven is in man and those who have heaven within themselves go to heaven. Heaven is in all those who recognize what is of God and let themselves be guided by the Divine. The priority and basic concern of every religion is the acknowledgement of God!”

Notes

Dear Liz and Les…

You mentioned your personal difficulties in reconciling these ITC contacts, so I decided to share my own experiences.

I struggled with the same doubts for the first couple of years of association with Maggy and Jules H-F. I remember during my first flight to Luxembourg I was reading a small stack of research reports of their work, which had been translated by Hans Heckmann for George Meek, and my mind was bouncing around:

– Eyes widening…This is amazing! It’ll change the world…

– Eyes rolling… This has got to be contrived. It’s impossible…

– Eyes closing… I hope this is true. It’ll change everything I believe in…

For the first couple of years, I was switching constantly among amazement, doubt, and wishful thinking. Sometimes I’d be convinced, and my wife Regina would say it couldn’t be true. At other times I’d express doubts and Regina would say, “You know, there might be something to this.” That especially happened when she read some of the more esoteric messages from the finer beings like Technician. Regina had studied the Course in Miracles and was a frequent meditator, so most of that information resonated with her. It was the stories of the planet Marduk being the legendary Eden and source of humanity that got her eyes rolling. She’d say, “Don’t mention Marduk in your books, or people will dismiss it all as nonsense.”

Long story short, the more I became familiar with the Luxembourg researchers and their spirit friends, the more certain I became of their honesty and sincerity and the legitimacy of their claims.

Then I befriended bright, discerning scientists like German physicist Ernst Senkowski and Swedish psychiatrist Nils Jacobsen, who had worked closely with the couple and were firmly convinced it was for real.

But the most convincing evidence of all was provided by our spirit friends, who by then were becoming very close friends of mine. They were fully aware of the situation here—widespread religious beliefs and misconceptions, the imperceptibility of spiritual energies and realms, a Newtonian science that discounts all things spiritual, and the disinterest of the general public in these matters—all stirring up doubts and fears… even among researchers. So our spirit friends gave us good, solid evidence that would be hard to refute. You can access two articles presenting that evidence from this link:

http://www.worlditc.org/d_sub.htm

In a nutshell, the best evidence came as a series of cross-contacts, in which similar pictures or similar messages were sent to two or more researchers in different countries at about the same time. In most cases those researchers were not collaborating with each other… in fact they were on unfriendly terms. Our spirit friends carefully choreographed those cross-contacts in large part to convince people that these were legitimate spirit contacts. Such things could not be faked… for example a picture coming through a computer in Luxembourg that wasn’t connected to the Internet, and at the same time through a TV in Germany that had no reception.

Once I acquired a Luminator, my own spirit group worked closely with me to get spirit faces appearing quite clearly on Polaroid film. I’d take pictures of people, and when the photo developed there would be faces of people who were not physically present. Those Polaroids, likewise, could not be faked.

So today I have no doubts whatsoever about the legitimacy of the ITC contacts I represent (my own, and those that my colleagues and I received during the years of INIT. (click here to see our INIT group). And I have the same certainty about the early contacts of the Luxembourg couple who I later (1994) helped in establishing INIT. Those early contacts are the subjects of the “ITC Gems” that I’m posting lately.

I realize, though, that my own certainty isn’t enough to convince a skeptical public. I remember a Canadian psychology professor who contacted me on several occasions, expressing what seemed to be a genuine interest and fascination with the ITC contacts I was reporting. Eventually he decided to set up some experiments to determine the legitimacy of technical spirit communication for himself. He started doing some EVP experiments under strict laboratory conditions, got no discernible voices, and then published a paper in a scientific journal, concluding that EVP and ITC are not for real. It was that sort of shallow investigation leading to conclusions that scientists wanted to hear… that finally slammed the science door for me… and I expect it will remain shut until modern science has awakened to spiritual existence. That could take many years.

Anyway, as you two suggest in your comments, there needs to be a general awakening within humanity at large in the coming years… not just for the sake of ITC but for the perpetuation of the species.