Life After Life Blog Digest December ~ Raymond Moody

Moody.thumb.jpg.f7f7871b050d84cebf938da28512264a.jpg

Life After Life Blog Digest December 2021

beach

Life to Afterlife -- Helping Parents Heal

The following is excerpted from Life to Afterlife – Helping Parents Heal by Elizabeth Boisson

As soon as Colin answered, he told me that the situation didn’t look good. Morgan, and they were attempting CPR. Colin was not sure that Morgan would make it. I was terrified but knew that Morgan needed to hear my voice. I wanted to pour all the love and gratitude I felt for my beautiful son through the receiver as he lay on the cold Tibetan ground.

I asked Colin to put the phone up to his ear. I told Morgan that we loved him, that we were proud of him, and not to be afraid. At that very instant, I felt Morgan hug me from the inside. To this day, I still cannot correctly explain this sensation. It was incredible; I felt a warm, calming feeling wash through me. That moment was utterly life changing. I later found out that this event was called a Shared Death Experience. Through it, Morgan comforted me and reassured me that he would always be with me. In an instant, I knew that love never dies…

Picture3.jpg.3727d8006dd1184b10908d1e77e95abc.jpgTill Death Don’t Us Part

The following is an excerpt from Till Death Don’t Us Part by Karen Frances McCarthy

The end turned out to be the beginning. The beginning turned out to be an excruciating but ultimately enlightening journey to come to terms with the overwhelming evidence that my beloved not only survived death but was communicating from the hereafter.

It wasn’t an easy paradigm shift to make. As a former political journalist, war correspondent, atheist, and sceptic, I needed facts, evidence, something so compelling that I would be left with no option but to accept that we don’t die, that consciousness is not an emergent property of the brain, that love endures, and that we are never alone.

In the shrinking of self that accompanied my grief and in my distrust of my own senses, I found myself torn between the desire to believe and my need not to be desperate or delusional. Yet, strange occurrences meant the questions persisted: What is life? Is reality simply sensory information or is it something more? My search for answers involved a challenging personal and spiritual transformation that demanded I not only learn to trust in a power greater than me but that I also learn to trust myself.

Crossing the Rubicon

Picture4.jpg.fc5d8f5cac35712aa0cb07ec4f67cb02.jpgCrossing the Rubicon

The following is excerpted from Crossing the Rubicon by Heidi Connolly.

The days and nights before we met
I felt a great event horizon
Then you smiled and I crossed the Rubicon of my being
Onto the shores of your love and magic.
–Randy Connolly, 1996

We’ve all heard, He’d want you to be happy and She’d want you to move on, but when you’ve “lost” someone, let’s face it, it’s not that easy to let go. At least not until you are one hundred percent clear about two things (and even then it only gets easier).

One: Your loved one still exists, even if it’s on another plane and in another form. Only when you accept this truth are you free to move into a new kind of relationship with him or her as a spirit being by letting go of the relationship as it existed between you in human terms. Naturally, going forward in this direction is a choice that only both of you can make together as you see fit.

Two: Continuing to love your partner as he/she was in human form is the stumbling block to allowing a new kind of relaIn his new book, Dr. Raymond Moody looks at God and how his personal understanding of the Creator has changed over the course of his tionship to flourish.

Picture5.jpg.d3fd01a8894591794425aa53eadc6d3b.jpg   Reflections in a Glass Eye

By Ken Ring

As Tonio, the clown in Leoncavallo’s I Plagliacci, who introduces the opera by saying (or, rather, singing) that he is the prologue, perhaps I should introduce myself, if in a less dramatic fashion. Some of you may already be familiar with me if you were part of Raymond Moody’s University of Heaven crowd since for some fifteen months or so until December 2019, my essays were posted on that site. Well, I call them essays, but of course no one writes essays any longer, they blog. I have always resisted the use of the term although these days it seems we are stuck with it. I shudder to think of old Montaigne writhing in his grave in post-humous despair over the fate of the form he invented, which had such a long and glorious life in the world of literature. But I suffer enough as it is from being what used to be called an “old fogy” (someone will have to tell me what old farts are called these days; the only suitable term I can think of is in Yiddish—alter cocker). I don’t want to risk eliciting even more derision by using terms that are clearly demodé (oops, I seem to have done it again).

But as I have apparently drifted into a confessional mode, I had best own up to one of my most besetting flaws.

Picture6.jpg.49e573985f8c7fa3ff12e2ae7b53b07c.jpg

Soul Plans and Life Reviews by Alicia Young

How did the Other Side feel?

I’m asked this a lot, understandably. And no matter how much I ponder it, I come back to a simple thought: To me, it’s the feeling of holding a loved one—say, someone you have not seen for a decade and have ached to be with—and finally wrapping your arms around them, feeling them hug you back and being enveloped in their touch and scent. Every one of your senses is on ecstatic, high alert, and you drink in the experience with delight. To me, the Other Side encompasses that feeling of utter joy, multiplied exponentially.

There was also an experience that the ‘air’ I was breathing was infused with pure love. More accurately, it was love. I used to smile and perhaps roll my eyes when I would hear someone say, “The answer to everything is Love.” I understand that more now. I also love the question, “What would Love do now?” as a fail-safe consideration in any given dilemma.

Available Now

Picture7.jpg.8c793eb4233d801d4484963e3684d1c3.jpg       

In his new book, Dr. Raymond Moody looks at God and how his personal understanding of the Creator has changed over the course of his life and research into near-death experiences.

Dr. Moody organizes his insights about God into 12 simple but profound ideas and walks us through them using stories and examples from his own life and from accounts of encounters with God in the hereafter.

He looks at our society's beliefs about God, how religion can both help and hinder our relationships with the Divine, and how we can bring Source into our lives with a new understanding that transcends all limits.

God Is Bigger Than the Bible is available on Amazon in Kindle and paperback. For more information click HERE.

Picture8.jpg.d0aa07eae4ab44b316e255e5d92e9b2f.jpg

Also available is a treat from Kenneth Ring, PhD who is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Connecticut, the author of five books on near-death experiences (NDEs), including his bestselling Lessons from the Light, and cofounder and first president of the International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS).

In these lively and often witty essays, Dr. Ring, best known for his pioneering work on near-death experiences, reveals his talents as a Kenny-come-lately humorist and would-be man of letters. Now in his mid-80s, Ring also touches on and goes into depth on serious topics, such as dealing with the COVID pandemic, the right-to-die movement, and the epidemic of loneliness. He also describes how he became interested in near-death experiences, and his explorations with psychedelic drugs.

Reflections in a Glass Eye is available on Amazon in paperback. For more information click HERE

Picture9.png.b523478284500678d0e2eabdf3864c15.png

image.png.9ca08abb78861280079517605a16c91a.pngimage.png.7022fec37676cd772cd04c58478effcc.pngimage.png.08054563ee8bba8d323d666651056d9a.png