Life after Life ~ October

pumpkin.thumb.jpg.544689b074ffc9ac908d7d18e7152778.jpg

Life After Life Blog Digest October 2021

634746803_soulsplan.thumb.jpg.d2000b006350e78a81c4d7da1b94b437.jpgYour Soul’s Plan: Learning To Listen

By Robert Schwartz
May 7, 2003. I remember that day well, because it was the day on which my life changed, the day that launched me on the path to writing the book Your Soul’s Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born.

I was 40 at the time, working as a self-employed marketing and communications consultant and feeling profoundly unfulfilled with my life. I often had the feeling that if I were to fall off the face of the Earth, none of my clients would notice. They would simply plug someone else into my role and continue along.

Yet, at the same time I had a feeling that there was a higher purpose to my life. I just didn’t know what it was. And so, in my search for that higher calling,

3.thumb.jpg.998e6fe482d5f6332da2b4849b05ceab.jpg

Shared Death Experiences: A Reader’s Account

We want to share an account from one of our readers on the different encounters he has had with losing members of his family and the extraordinary experiences that came with them. We thank him for allowing us to pass his account on to you and hope you’ll enjoy his insight and the humanity and hope contained within.

Dennis Beck – Shared Death Experiences

I have put together my thoughts and experiences. I have written this in more of a journal style, so I can also share it with my family. I’m including some statements related to my faith because this has had such a profound impact on my beliefs of an afterlife. I am interested in sharing this with my children and grandchildren to hopefully help them at future stages in their lives when this kind of strength will be necessary. This has been quite helpful for me to write down and I’m happy to share it with all of you.

4.thumb.jpg.8bda449501f15b9ba056a798e147c897.jpg

The Long History of Near-Death Experiences

By Sandy Coghlan

The following post is from Sandy Coghlan’s blog “Heaven Knows…” and is reposted with permission. The original can be viewed HERE.

“Those who report nde’s are just parroting what they’ve already read or heard.”

WAIT!!! Before you jump through my computer screen, that’s not what I believe!

But it was. Once.

Near-death experiences became such a familiar concept after Life After Life was published in 1975, that these days, phrases like heavenly tunnels, life reviews and beings of light roll of most tongues with ease. It’s tempting to agree with the skeptics and assume that those who say they had an ‘nde’ were already familiar with the concept.

OK, but what about before 1975? Did people have near-death experiences before these accounts were gathered, labelled, catalogued, examined, and subsequently published as a best-selling book?

You betchya!

5.thumb.jpg.ac8851a97eade77ffb1582d4504ea052.jpg

Soul Plans with Alicia Young

By Alicia Young
Welcome to our new monthly column on pre-birth Soul Plans by Alicia Young. We believe you’ll find her a welcome voice on Dr. Moody’s blog. Enjoy!

Thank you for joining me here. By way of introduction, I am an author and journalist who had a spiritually transformative experience (STE). In short, I left my body and met the soul of a little boy, ‘Bobby’, who was lovingly determined to send a message to his grieving mother; I was no more than a go-between. I was permitted to observe one of Bobby’s pre-birth Soul Plan sessions, in which he engaged his parents, and chose his birth order for his upcoming life. I came to realize that earlier spiritual experiences had been preparing me to be accept this.

This experience upended my life and prompted me to ultimately move from the headspace of news to the heartspace of Soul Plans. I wish I could tell you it was a clean and clear transition; in fact, I kept the experience hidden for years as I feared it would end my career (sometimes, courage is incremental!). I will be drawing on my personal journey to the Other Side; in addition, I will reference thought leaders and other metaphysical writers.

I present this column in a spirit of service, and in the hope of furthering the conversation around our human experience as souls.

Available Now

god.jpg.137004862434df065441d8993537c9e8.jpg

In his new book, Dr. Raymond Moody looks at God and how his personal understanding of the Creator has changed over the course of his life and research into near-death experiences.

Dr. Moody organizes his insights about God into 12 simple but profound ideas and walks us through them using stories and examples from his own life and from accounts of encounters with God in the hereafter.

He looks at our society's beliefs about God, how religion can both help and hinder our relationships with the Divine, and how we can bring Source into our lives with a new understanding that transcends all limits.

God Is Bigger Than the Bible is available on Amazon in Kindle and paperback. For more information click HERE.

7.thumb.jpg.7a57c16ab19cff89f0ae205254abd7bd.jpg

Also available is a treat from Kenneth Ring, PhD who is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Connecticut, the author of five books on near-death experiences (NDEs), including his bestselling Lessons from the Light, and cofounder and first president of the International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS).

In these lively and often witty essays, Dr. Ring, best known for his pioneering work on near-death experiences, reveals his talents as a Kenny-come-lately humorist and would-be man of letters. Now in his mid-80s, Ring also touches on and goes into depth on serious topics, such as dealing with the COVID pandemic, the right-to-die movement, and the epidemic of loneliness. He also describes how he became interested in near-death experiences, and his explorations with psychedelic drugs.

Reflections in a Glass Eye is available on Amazon in paperback. For more information click HERE.

2033598764_lifeafte.jpg.8f0f07a21556c6bef78e8ee38f5c92a4.jpg

Further readings can be obtained through https://lifeafterlife.com/blog/