REPRINT~ Carry On Talking - How Dead are the Voices - story of advent of EVP

Carry On Talking: How Dead Are the Voices?
by Peter Bander   

BACK IN PRINT!

Peter Bander    carry_on_talking1.jpg.c6e895fd8b09bf4b0be656a6bf77def3.jpg

Amazon  RRP £12.99 UK Paperback
Amazon  RRP $17.99 US Paperback

Also available as an eBook

BACK IN PRINT! NOTE: Originally published in the US as “Voices from the Tapes.”
Carry on Talking: How Dead Are the Voices? is the story of the advent of Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) – a method of communication between the “dead” and the living using electronic devices – pioneered in Europe by Friedrich Jürgenson in the 1960s, and later by Konstantin Raudive.

Peter Bander, a psychologist who had lectured on religious education and ethics, had joined British publisher Colin Smythe Ltd in 1966, and in 1969 was asked by Smythe to evaluate Dr. Konstantin Raudive’s research with a view to publishing the work in the English language. Raudive’s book had been published in Germany in 1968 under the title: Unhörbares wird hörbar (The Inaudible Becomes Audible).

Bander was understandably sceptical when first confronted with the phenomena. He stated: ‘My first reaction to the book was negative because the claims made by the author appeared to me not only far-fetched but outrageous … The thought of dead people communicating through a tape recorder seemed ludicrous and too silly to be taken seriously’.

Unbeknown to Bander, Smythe had conducted his own experiments which proved to be conclusive. This led to Raudive’s book being published in the English language under the title, Breakthrough: An Amazing Experiment in Electronic Communication with the Dead (1971) – now considered by many to be a classic in the genre – and put Bander at the centre of the controversial yet fascinating subject of life after death.

CONTENTS

Introduction
A Question of Belief
Full of Surprises
Pride and Prejudice
Trial and Error
Publish and be Damned
The First Confrontation
The Spiritualists and the Voices
The Church and the Voices
Late Late Breakthrough
A Voice in the Wilderness
The Scientists and the Voices
The Enthusiastic Amateurs
Carry on Talking
Index

Praise for Carry on Talking

The Church and the Voices

“It is all very mysterious, but we know that the voices are there for everyone to hear.”
~ His Excellency Archbishop Cardinale, Apostolic Nuncio

“I’m definitely impressed, and willing to be impressed by this phenomenon.”
~ The Rt. Rev. Dr. Butler, Anglican Bishop of Connor

“The message these voices hold for me is confirmation that there is life after death.”
~ The Very Rev. Fr. Pistone, S.S.P.

“It is a reality backed by experience and established by evidence open to all, that the dead live and can communicate with us.”
~ The Rt.  Rev. Mgr. Prof. C. Pfleger

The Scientists and the Voices

“I can no longer explain the voice phenomena in normal physical terms.
~ Peter A. Hale, physicist

“Extensive experiments have shown that the paranormal origin of the voices is highly probable.”
~ Prof. Hans. Bender, Director, University Institute of Psychology, Freiburg

“I’m convinced that these are the voices of the dead.”
~ Robert Crookall, B. Sc (psychology), Ph.D., D.Sc

“I have succeeded in reproducing the phenomenon. Voices which did not come from any known source have appeared on a tape.”
~ Dr. Brendan McGann, Director Institute of Psychology, Dublin

About the author

Peter Bander (van Duren) July 30, 1930 - April 21, 2004 was a German psychologist and lecturer in religious and moral education. He joined publishing house Colin Smythe, Ltd in the UK in 1966 as joint managing director.

Bander and Smythe brought Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) and Instrumental TransCommunication (ITC) to the English-speaking world with the publication of Breakthrough: An Amazing Experiment in Electronic Communication with the Dead (1971) by Dr. Konstantin Raudive, a Latvian psychologist who experimented with EVP with Dr Hans Bender in the 1960s.

Carry on Talking was published in the USA by Drake Publishers, under the title Voices from the Tapes. His other publications are One for the Road (1966), Two for the Road (1967), The Prophecies of St Malachy (1968), (editor) Looking Forward to the Seventies: A Blueprint for Education in the Next Decade (1968), and under the name Peter Bander van Duren, The Cross on the Sword (1987), and Orders of Knighthood and of Merit (1995). He was editor & revisor of H.E. Cardinale’s Orders of Knighthood, Awards and the Holy See (2nd & 3rd eds. 1984, 1985).

Publisher: White Crow Books
Published June 2021
176 pages
Size: 5.25 x 8 inches
ISBN 978-1-78677-159-9