Perception - The reality beyond matter

Karyn

Science is a story written by installments over time, and since so much information gets updated these days. I one day found myself wondering... What is "reality"? Watch Brian Greene explain some further intriguing info at: The GOD Particle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4RSb... The Elegant universe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV_X2... Is matter all that is 'real'? ... and what are Dreams and memories? - why do they feel so real at times? One thing is for sure - change. "What is reality" might seem like a silly question given how we use our senses to interact with 'reality' everyday, but I have since arrived at ideas which I am comfortable with regarding these questions (although Im still curious). ** So heres some questions to play with - play nicely 🙂 ** • If I had to point to where my idea or concept of reality is maintained, I'd be pointing to my head - how about you? • Is all this environmental information just vibrational energies which are presented to our body and then decoded to form a perception in the brain according to our programs and patterns? ie: Do we subconsciously 'read' or filter this data then build an experience that seems real? • Can I get outside of my experience to prove anything is fact or real, or is reality bound to ones experience like the fabric to the shirt? • What of the realities I have when I dream, - my body still responds as if they are real, so what is reality? • If I am not the cause (creator) of my experience; the director of my focus of attention on some level whether awake or asleep, am I controlled by something else? • If existence is the single defining quality of all-that-is; part of which includes me, then am I not contributing to the expansion of existence through my personal experience? • ....or is my experience controlled by something outside of existence: Non-existence for example? (which is more probably already full of everything that will never be !) • And if I am completely controlled by something other than me, what then is the purpose of my life? I wish you all - many, many pleasant realities. Choose them wisely, for our experience may be everything that matters. Pete.

Music in this video

Learn more

Listen ad-free with YouTube Premium

Song

Livemiles II (Live in Berlin, Germany, 1987)

Artist

Tangerine Dream

Album

Livemiles II

Licensed to YouTube by

WMG (on behalf of Cherry Red Records); UMPG Publishing, SODRAC, and 4 Music Rights Societies

Song

Monolight (Live From Northwest, Washington, U.S.A / 1977 / Remastered 2018)

Artist

Tangerine Dream

Licensed to YouTube by

UMG (on behalf of EMI); BMG Rights Management (US), LLC, ARESA, CMRRA, and 4 Music Rights Societies
SHOW LESS

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for putting these most interesting questions, Karyn!

Reminds of a book I am just reading from Michael Talbot, "The holographic universe". Talbot is outlining a stunning concept that our consciousness and memory is not physical but constructed like a hologram. This means that our thoughts and recalls are interference patterns of vibrations in our brain. Thus the brain is the piece of volume this phenomenon takes place but it is not the storage, just a means to access this information. For me this book is mind boggling and gives answers to lots of questions.

The holographic universe by Michael Talbot