• iDigitalMedium Research Team

Funny idea. A thought came to my mind that water soaked up by a sponge would yield into electrical  irregularities if you would route a current through it. I made a quick setup with two graphite electrodes in a soldering sponge.

IMG_20210329_123852.jpg

An OpAmp was used to amplify the signal. I got a strong noise rich in impulses. Voices in it which sound totally  oversaturated. 

Sponge Voices Signal.jpg

See the strong impulse blocks shooting out from the ground noise level. Voices are of poor legibility but very strong.

Track Export.mp3

I am hypothesizing that all semi conducting media in granular form with irregular contact points, are forming an extremely sensitive but highly nonlinear transfer function between the hereafter and the physical realm. If we assume something like modulated energy coming from the spirits, this signal seems to push against an interdimensional border. This border could be flexible. If the signal amplitude energy pushes against it, maybe it becomes deformed and at uncertain trigger point becomes disrupted. For a short moment the barrier opens a hole like in a flexible plastic diaphragm and releases the ethereal amplitude maximum as an energy impulse into the physical realm. After this injection of energy the diaphragm closes again. The amplitude information gets more or less completely lost in this transformation process. This is the reason why the voices are extremely distorted. Only the maximum parts of the spirit amplitude make it through the barrier and are converted into spikes. The spike levels are only loosely related to the original spirit amplitude.

Could this be a first thought for an ITC impulse model?

This is a truly amazing way to go. It is very much like a "Wet Coherer". The short lived "Hole" in the "Barrier makes a lot of sense, and explains a lot of the effects of Short-term receiving.

I look forward to hearing further news on this experiment, as it requires very few components to experiment with.

Edited by CanadaKim

Oh, and to add, this would definatly be considered a ITC Impulse Unit, in my mind.

Once again , with your explaination, maybe someway to reduce the modulation to a more steady state would leave the portal open for a longer period of time, and would reduce the amount of clipping in the Portal????

Edited by CanadaKim
Additional content
On 3/30/2021 at 8:16 PM, CanadaKim said:

Oh, and to add, this would definatly be considered a ITC Impulse Unit, in my mind.

Once again , with your explaination, maybe someway to reduce the modulation to a more steady state would leave the portal open for a longer period of time, and would reduce the amount of clipping in the Portal????

Yes O definitely have some ideas in this direction.

To drive it to the edge today i tried a setup without a sponge and the graphite electrodes just immersed in tap water. It works as well!

IMG_20210403_104540.jpg

Here is a sample of some minutes (unprocessed):Water coherer Sample.mp3

As always with coherer setups the sensitivity is great but voice quality bad. Here some rather good samples.

"Einen Sender suchen" -> "Searching for a transmitter":Einen Sender suchen.mp3

"Fortführen" -> "Go on!": Fortführen.mp3

"Ist perfekt" -> "It's perfect":Ist perfekt.mp3

"Passt schon" -> "Good match": Passt schon.mp3

"So eine gute Erfindung -> "Such a good invention": So eine gute Erfindung.mp3

"Und wir ham den Krieg verlor'n" -> "And we lost the war": Un wir ham den Krieg verlorn.mp3

Since this type of water coherer does not contain any more irregulary current paths I have no idea why it is working so good. Seems that the water itself works like a quantum fluctuation sensor with avalanche effect.

Good idea Andres, and the clips were good, as is the concept.

The pk modulation is quite strong (and not time compressed), which is the most important factor, but the resultant voices in my opinion are spectrum deficient, but this can can be improved. Its usually the other way round (good supplied spectrum, poor pk modulation) with traditional evp, and that is a harder task to improve.

I presume the water has a dc bias through it, and current relies on impurities in order to get ionic current established?

Your clips with the sponge were a good too, creating time compressed artifacts. The spiking is a good catalyst, and there is therefore strong pk modulation, but only for a very brief time.

I like the idea of electrolysis too. here is a link to sounds created by currents generated by dissimilar metals..
http://www.sparkbangbuzz.com/els/alsounds-el.htm

[ I was going to re-write my previous post to you that I deleted, but didn't get to it ]

Audible electrolysis? This is very nice. I've always wanted to "listen to bubbles", but didn't have the right setup.

- If so, the addition of sodium chloride or any ionic salt would increase conductivity and bubbling. Don't want to run NaCl-water all day as it could produce noxious gases 🙂 

- Also, pure water is not conductive. The slightest impurities provide conductance.

- The shape of the electrodes would effect bubble (possibly noise) production: for example surface area is important.

- Sound reminds me of my 1/f avalanched LED's, but your spectrum is not 1/f below 700 Hz. How strange and cool that water would have a non-simple spectrum.

Thanks for your comments guys. Actually I was amazed by the link Jeff posted since I knew Nyle Steiners experiments since long and I repeated his electrochemical noise experiment with NaCL and aluminum ten years ago!

To be sure that the ITC effect I observed in water is bound to moving ions I will buy a bottle of demineralized water. Theoretically I shouldn't get a signal anymore then.

Jeff id absolutely right about the signal characteristic. Good pk modulation but bad voice quality. Similar as with the coherer i am assuming avalanche effects being the cause. These are making the receptor very sensitive but also are destroying the modulation because of their highly non linear behavior.

Well, I had that electrolysis url bookmarked for 2 years. It was on the "to-do" list, but I didnt. Looks like it was waiting for you guys to turn up!🙂

Andres, if the demineralised water doesnt stop ionic conduction, it might be due to impurities leeching out of the graphite. Maybe stainless steel electrodes would be in order?

Ive got several ideas for improving spectrum defficiency, but probably best to see this ionic thing is confirmed.

Edited by Dr Jeffers

Jeff, 

Nice link, too!

It looks like the electrochemical cell between two metals, copper and aluminum produces an audible voltage fluctuation that includes dynamic tones. 

Why is it all the oldest electronics concepts produce the best ITC? 😉 

-michael

11 hours ago, Dr Jeffers said:

Well, I had that electrolysis url bookmarked for 2 years. It was on the "to-do" list, but I didnt. Looks like it was waiting for you guys to turn up!🙂

Andres, if the demineralised water doesnt stop ionic conduction, it might be due to impurities leeching out of the graphite. Maybe stainless steel electrodes would be in order?

Ive got several ideas for improving spectrum defficiency, but probably best to see this ionic thing is confirmed.

Sometimes I think we don't find the topics, they find us.

I will check next week when I get demineralized water.

Yes, this electrolysis principle is simple, and has promise I think. Perhaps the process can be put on steriods by using dissimilar metals more separated on the galvanic scale. A suitably hotter pair would be Zinc (galvanised steel) and graphite (or silver).

I'm not going to experiment with this, as have been reminded to get onto the "aural optical".

Edited by Dr Jeffers

I fed Michael lees ML with the water coherer today (still tap water) and got some amazing results!!

It was really funny, the first message was "What is this?", followed by "in the water " and then "Give us some time", Seems I really gave them something to chew.

"Was ist das?" -> "What is this?": Was ist das.mp3

"What Andrés can" : What Andrés can.mp3

"Im Wasser" -> "In the water" : Im Wasser.mp3

"Gib uns Zeit" -> "Give us some time" : Gib uns und Zeit.mp3

"Archivar" -> "Archiver" : Archivar.mp3

"Mission show us" :Mission show us.mp3

"This is Andrés" : This is Andres.mp3

"Starting some..." :Starting some.mp3

"Share Virus" :Share Virus.mp3

"Bacci?" : Bacci.mp3

"Sample" : Sample.mp3

"She gotta rise this" : She gotta rise this.mp3

"Disable": Disable.mp3

"We saw also Homes" : We saw also Homes.mp3

"Environment" : Environment.mp3

I got another weird idea. What if I would use AC current instead of DC to run it through the water? First I had this thought because I read that AC current does not provoke electrolysis of the water but the more thrilling thought is what would happen if I'd combine a tone, a frequency with the water ITC effect?

Daring thoughts...

Yes Andres, this was the essence of one of the methods I mentioned I was going to add to the discussion - to increase spectral content so the good level of latent pk modulation already noted could have more meaningful work to do in producing more intelligent artifacts. In my conception, it was to suggest that an ac sound carrier could ride on the dc current in relative proportion, so the linear ionic flow is ac modulated.

The second method was to inject the carrier sound acoustically by vibrating the water with a speaker. 

There is a third method, but its not clear in my head yet.

I didnt think of applying ac to the electrodes, as thought a modulated linear flow seemed more conducive to pk sculpting than a constantly reversing one. This viewpoint of mine is probably looking at a new concept with traditional (analog flow modulation) eyes, so may not have merit.

This exciting discussion is running parallel to a concept I had some years ago for something I called ionic conduits. I will explain this.

I think these ideas are finding us (plural), as you say!

Edited by Dr Jeffers

Great ideas Jeff! Adding an ac signal yo the dc current is more or less a low brainer. I could try this next weekend. Exciting the water by sound is even more thrilling because I actually have no idea how the system will react electrically. I have piezo transducers who probably work if immersed in water.

Test from today with improved circuit. For the first time I could identify a spirit message I could understand without post-processing. The message "Andrés" contains the unprocessed signal first and the slightly denoised (18dB) after.

"Andrés!": Andrés.mp3

The signal is very agile. You can see a strong pk modulation.

First Track000.png

Here you can listen to some short and agile samples. You can hear very clearly a distorted voice breaking through but not legible.

Pure Voice without processing.mp3

Sample.mp3

I ran the water cell (trying to avoid the term coherer because it isn't a coherer anymore) with roughly 4-5 mA through the cell and approx 4-5V voltage on the cell. The feeding goes over a 1k working resistor. Signal ist amplified by 40dB and then fed into my soundcard. I implemented a 1st order highpass with a corner frequency around 300 Hz because the signal contains strong LF components.

Despite the distorted signal the pk modulation is amazing. It could be even improved a bit by noise gating. There is really some magic in this device.

IMG_20210409_172359.jpg

IMG_20210409_172411.jpg

One component of the pk susceptibility seems to be an electrochemical reaction. I can see small bubbles growing slowly at the graphite rods. Certainly this is oxygen and hydrogen being generated. I used ordinary tap water.

This is great Andres. The pk modulation is quite striking. Do you think the addition of electrolyte would add to this effect. About a year ago i bought some potassium nitrate to test it in solution for ionic modulation effects, but never got to doing so.

The idea I received back then from messages was a wild one that I coined "ionic conduits". The basis of this is to use thin plastic tubing containing ionic based solution, pass a residual current through it, and use this "ionic wire" for traditional experiments, such as winding it into a coil (perhaps two separate "coils" and seeing if a transformer principle would work, or if it was pk influenced by applying a carrier magnetic field - or configured even as a capacitor principle. I thought that if the ionic wire could be influenced by pk modulation, it might be transferable to traditional applications and be enhanced.

Edited by Dr Jeffers
7 hours ago, Dr Jeffers said:

This is great Andres. The pk modulation is quite striking. Do you think the addition of electrolyte would add to this effect. About a year ago i bought some potassium nitrate to test it in solution for ionic modulation effects, but never got to doing so.

The idea I received back then from messages was a wild one that I coined "ionic conduits". The basis of this is to use thin plastic tubing containing ionic based solution, pass a residual current through it, and use this "ionic wire" for traditional experiments, such as winding it into a coil (perhaps two separate "coils" and seeing if a transformer principle would work, or if it was pk influenced by applying a carrier magnetic field - or configured even as a capacitor principle. I thought that if the ionic wire could be influenced by pk modulation, it might be transferable to traditional applications and be enhanced.

This would be a stunning thought, Jeff. Currently I am unsure about the contribution of ions in this process. I will buy demineralized water today to prove this. If it's true, what you said would open a complete new area for ITC research!

Currently we are always dealing with electrons, so to speak, but ions would behave different. They travel much slower I guess, are bigger and can react chemically on their way with other substances. Forcing them to run in a spiral and exposing them to magnetic fields would be fascinating!

I have different electrolytes at my hands to check if the noise quality changes by using them.

Wow, we are now entering the realm of spiritiual chemistry. Thrilling!

The only technical problem is to deal with the hydrogen and oxygen gas that is produced as a byproduct of the ion movement. The gas bubbles will clog the tubes. Thus the mechanical setup should provide an exhaust mechanism for the gas. I principally have the same problem with my water cell. Will need to drill a small hole for the gas to flow out. Another annoying outcome of this process is that the water will be consumed by the time and must be refueled.

These ideas are not mine, per se, but have come through a mixture of cryptic itc messages via my device, and/or through my own psychic receiving. I think they have merit, but only experimentation will tell.

9 minutes ago, Andres Ramos said:

The only technical problem is to deal with the hydrogen and oxygen gas that is produced as a byproduct of the ion movement. The gas bubbles will clog the tubes.

Can it be minimized by keeping current and electrolyte concentration low? I presume there will be a minimum value of each that will sustain ionic flow.