Mediumship-based Binary Instrumental Transcommunication

Hi Again,

A few days ago I posted an idea about Binary ITC. I mentioned in that post that when I joined this group, I had a different idea, which I sort of replaced with the one I posted about. It occurred to me, however, after reading here in the forum about different devices and techniques, that at this point, multiple approaches are a good thing. So, I thought about posting about the older idea as well, and perhaps work on both of these alternately.

I mentioned in that post that I believe that Binary ITC might be a major breakthrough, just as it has been a major breakthrough in human-to-human communication (and for the same reasons).

From that point of view, the key to success is the "binary transport layer". Andres and I had already discussed a tentative scheme using what he might call "phonetic burst pulses", which they might use to modulate bits over a "conventional" EVP.

In this post I would like to put forward an entirely different "binary transport layer". This method does NOT use any "entropy physical modulation" as it is currently the underlying mechanism in all ITC approaches (as far as I know). Instead, it uses good-old mental mediumship... but as a sort of indirect "low-level instrument", instead of a direct method of channeling (which is why the method below would still qualify as a form of ITC).

There are two major versions of this method, which I would call "debug" and "release" versions (to follow the way we programmers create our software).

In both versions, there is a so-called "session" which has to be set up at a specific date and time. During such a session, 8 special participants called "receivers" will use their mental-mediumship to make a binary selection, not choosing themselves directly but picking the choice that the spirit world tells them to pick, N times in a row. A special app (to be developed) would have them, at the date and time of the sessions, follow the instructions on the screen to pick the N binary selections, one by one. 

By the end of the session, the 8 receivers would have produced a binary message consisting of N bytes. A different "control" app (also to be developed), used by the "ITC experimenter", would collect the raw binary transmission produced by the "human trans-receivers" and decode them into text or whatever.

The difference between the "debug" and "release" versions is that the former would use reliable, proven mental mediums, whether the later will use ordinary people.

Using ordinary people is crucial to the scalability of this method. It is trivial to find 8-willing participants among anyone with a phone, whereas reliable proven mental mediums are hard to find and engage, even in an experiment like this.

You might rightfully ask: why--or rather how--would "ordinary people" correctly make a binary selection in a way that the choice is not really theirs but given by the spiritual world? My really short answer is "I don't know". A longer answer is that I have a few ideas all based on the postulate that we humans already have a sort of "mental-mediumnistic link to a spiritual guide" which actively takes part in our decision making process, even if unconsciously.

There are a lot of details that I've omitted here to keep the post short.

Edited by Fernando Luis Cacciola Carballal

A thrilling idea Fernando!

As i read your posting the question in me came up, "Why not let the people choose letters directly?" However after some deep thinking I came to the conclusion that it really makes sense to start with the most simple information transfer possible. It would be logical to think that the more information spirits want to convey the more the mediums must be trained for this puropose. The crown of these skills is automatic writing that is only given to a handful of mediums. A binary information is just the decision that there was something or there was nothing. A good way!

I just want to add that we might have to add a feature for synchronizing spirits and mediums. The simplest approach could be to switch on a lamp for a constant time of, lets say 10s, and in this time the medium is waiting for "something". If there was something it's a logical "1", otherwise it's "0". This helps the medium to concentrate only when it's needed and simultaneously tell the spirits when we are expecting their impacts.

What i forgot to mention, another benefit of your binary method compared to plain letters is that your method keeps the mediums away from forming words by their own subconscious mind. If they are just creating ones and zeros they'll never know what comes out.

On 10/17/2020 at 9:22 AM, Andres Ramos said:

A thrilling idea Fernando!

As i read your posting the question in me came up, "Why not let the people choose letters directly?" However after some deep thinking I came to the conclusion that it really makes sense to start with the most simple information transfer possible. It would be logical to think that the more information spirits want to convey the more the mediums must be trained for this puropose. The crown of these skills is automatic writing that is only given to a handful of mediums. A binary information is just the decision that there was something or there was nothing. A good way!

I just want to add that we might have to add a feature for synchronizing spirits and mediums. The simplest approach could be to switch on a lamp for a constant time of, lets say 10s, and in this time the medium is waiting for "something". If there was something it's a logical "1", otherwise it's "0". This helps the medium to concentrate only when it's needed and simultaneously tell the spirits when we are expecting their impacts.

What i forgot to mention, another benefit of your binary method compared to plain letters is that your method keeps the mediums away from forming words by their own subconscious mind. If they are just creating ones and zeros they'll never know what comes out.

Right. In the "seed idea", so to speak, from about 3 years ago, the mediums were not making a binary selection, but in time I settled to that because of all the benefits. 
As for the sync.... the idea is something like this: the whole thing is controlled by the experimenter. One of his tasks is to gather the "receivers" and setup the session at a very specific date and time. Before that moment, the experimenter would spend some time negotiating the session with the spirit world so that when the time is right, the spirit guides are ready to go transmit the corresponding bit to the receiver.
Having said that, the participants would be previously instructed to also take some time before the indicated session to prepare for the reception.

And yes, removing any medium bias is fundamental. In my own experiences in the church, the expectation of what the communicating spirit is likely wanting to transmit always got in the way and big time.

8 hours ago, Andres Ramos said:

I see. Thus every the time of every single bit "sampling" is negotiated previously with the spirits? 

Hi 

Right, something like that.

Let me describe in more detail how I imagine this, end to end.

The researcher starts negotiating a session date and time with the spirit world. Whether this is a negotiation or just a "communication" depends on the mediumnistic abilities of the researcher.

I have only considered one-way, informational sessions only. Two-way, QA sessions might still be possible with this design, but I never thought of that.

Once the spirit world is set on a date and time, they proceed to do the following: 

- Decide on the information they want to provide us with.

- Construct a human-language message, for example in English, with the information.

- Encode the human-language message in binary, adding the necessary redundancy bits for a specific error-detection method. The error-detection method to be used should have been negotiated or communicated by the researcher (since we need to decode the binary message).

- Arrange an array of 8 "BIT spirits", each in charge of transmitting each bit in a byte. If the message contains 10 bytes, then each BIT spirit is in charge of transmitting the corresponding bit 10 times. As you can see, in this case the "transport" work in parallel, similarly to the way parallel transmissions used to occur back in the days when we used parallel cables.

At the time of the session, the 8 BIT spirits, prepared with the sequence of bits to transmit, engage, spiritually, with the guide-spirit of the human receiver. 

The human receiver, in turn, will start following the instructions on the app. The instructions direct the human receiver to make a sequence of binary selections. At each step, the human receiver will be picking up the right choice, and it is at that time, during that process, that the guide-spirit will attempt to indicate to the human the right choice for the specific bit that the BIT-spirit is indicating for this step.

This step by step process involving the bit-spirit, the guide-spirit and the human receiver continues until the end of the message is produced.

At all times during the session, the control app is controlling the receiver's app, getting each byte rea-time as they are being produced, and watching for the EOT (End of Transmission) code to end the session (and having the receiver's app stop the sequence)

---

It occurred to me that this a good time to briefly describe where did that design come from, just for the record.

Here is a common practice in my spiritist church: a mental medium "incorporates" a visiting spirit, similar to the typical way a trance medium does it in a circle seance, but without the trance, and one or more clairvoyant mediums "see" the spirit and provide out loud a description of what they see.
I have been in both roles many, many times. Since I'm not a clairvoyant medium, I could never see a thing, though when we do that, we are still encouraged to try to "mentally sense" the image even if we can't see it. I was never good at that either.
As the "sitter" medium, I could never be sure to say what the spirit wanted, BUT, I could consistently verify, at least, that the spirit was in fact "incorporated". That feels in a very unique way and there is absolutely nothing else that can compare to that. In particular, I get to feel, in my own skin, emotions that are absolutely not mine, and which fade the instant the spirit left. For the record, "incorporating" a spirit like that is a very basic "mediumnistic ability", and anyone can do it, without exception. 

As I mentioned in the introduction, my church developed a detailed belief system, which, among other things, contains a description of how is it that clairvoyant mediums get to see an incorporated spirit. 
Typically, the clairvoyant sees a still picture of the spirit human-form at some point of his last (usually) life. Well, according to his belief system, that picture is purposely constructed on the fly, and just for the clairvoyant to see, "pixel by pixel" in a sort of etheric canvas. Specifically, a 2D array of spirit fractions are geometrically arranged to create the canvas, and each spirit fraction then radiates a specific color-encoding ethereal energy. 

This is all according to the belief system of the church, and it could be partially or all wrong, but, I found it quite interesting how (allegedly) the spirit world creates these etheric images in a way quite similar to how we do the same in a computer display or TV.

About three years ago, I figured we could create a sort of device to do almost the same, but without requiring the clairvoyant medium to see the etheric pictures. I dubbed that "Distributed Image Transcommunication", and the idea was that, the spirit world would do pretty much the same, except that, to compose the etheric image, instead of using spirit fractions radiating a color-encoding etheric energy at each pixel, they would have an array of "width x height" spirit-guides, each indicating the color, at the corresponding pixel, to a human receiver.

That idea then mutated until it turned into this one presented here.

I  amazed by your explanations Fernando, despite i needed zo read kt several times to fully understand. One remaining question is if you have one human receiver who gets all bits or one human receiver for every spirit 'transmitter'. On your setup explanations this was not clear to me. In the last part of what you said I think you are intending to use one receiver for every transmitter.

As far as i understood the receiver puts his decisions into an app he uses. I think this app also tells him start and stop time for his bit. The control app gathers all those bits from different receivers and melts them into bytes, right?

Your description of the 2D canvas were very intriguing! Do you see a way zo make a device where the spirits can set the pixels directly without one human receiver for every pixel?

Moreover I would like to get to know more about your church. The experiences you talked about seem to be to vivid zo be wrong.

12 minutes ago, Andres Ramos said:

I  amazed by your explanations Fernando, despite i needed zo read kt several times to fully understand. One remaining question is if you have one human receiver who gets all bits or one human receiver for every spirit 'transmitter'. On your setup explanations this was not clear to me. In the last part of what you said I think you are intending to use one receiver for every transmitter.

As far as i understood the receiver puts his decisions into an app he uses. I think this app also tells him start and stop time for his bit. The control app gathers all those bits from different receivers and melts them into bytes, right?

Your description of the 2D canvas were very intriguing! Do you see a way zo make a device where the spirits can set the pixels directly without one human receiver for every pixel?

Moreover I would like to get to know more about your church. The experiences you talked about seem to be to vivid zo be wrong.

You're right about the receivers. I miss-wrote that and couldn't edit the post for whatever reason. I was hoping you'll see the mistake and ask 🙂
So to be clear: There are 8 human-receivers, 8 guide-spirits, and 8 bit-spirits. All working in parallel. Of course, all of that could be re-arranged serially, but it would multiply the medium's effort by 8, so a parallel approach seems better.

Yes, the app will manage the timing for receiving each bit at a time. The idea is that the researcher can configure that somehow from the control panel. I haven't described any of this yet, but there are lots of details involved in the way by which each human-receiver goes to the binary selection process, such that the bit actually indicated by the bit-spirit and relied by the guide-spirit becomes effectively selected.

And yes, the control apps gathers the bits in parallel and composes the bytes. It has to do that one by one to watch for the EOT.

As for the 2D canvas. Indeed my first attempts where to figure out a way for the spirits to do that instrumentally, in a classic ITC way so to speak. I looked at the processes involved in the so-called "spirit photographs" in which they directly influence the chemical revealing process to imprint pixel-like dots to build an image, but it seems that such a process is way too complicated. 
Then thought about some sort of "spirit-influenced" CMOS device (like the CMOS we use in phone camera today but sensitive not to light but etheric energy). That was also too complicated (or as I should really put it, I have no idea how to do that).

Next I thought about what I would call a "hemi-etheric CMOS", based on biological processes, but that is unavailable now.... 
So, in the end, I settled for a mental-mediumship transport.

In this forum I'm naturally inclined to try to re-use what you have all been working on. However, I do believe that in terms of fundamental mechanisms, mental mediumship is far, FAR more efficient and readily available than any direct-to-matter approach. The reason is that a human being already has a dedicated, very fine tuned and highly evolved device to interface etheric and physical energies: the human mind. 

About my church. It's called "Asociación Escuela Científica Basilio". Unfortunately, all teaching material is in print-only, and in Spanish, so, the only way for me to explain any part that it's belief system is by writing it down "manually". I can't just point you to a published paper, a web site, or any such thing.
It's kind of funny because I have been writing something like that on internet forums and groups, every now and then, for more than 30 years now, and it is still the case!  

This is the official website, in any case:

https://www.basilio.org.ar/public_html/

There is this book however:

https://thespiritualtheory.com/

it was written by a "church collegue" so it's not an official church book. It contains a very good mixture of the "official" church belief system and his own theories and ideas.

An important part of my church is the "mediumship-based channeling" methodology they used to build the belief system. Somewhat similar to the work of Allan Kardec.

What I would love is for ITC to provide a reliable, explicit, objective and most importantly, scientifically evidential communication gateway so that we can all create a similar "body of knowledge from the higher worlds", but correctly integrated into our human but very well tested objective knowledge construction system, the so-called scientific method.

My church, and other quite similar attempts that I've encountered over the years, haven't yet succeeded in producing a properly dependable, certified knowledge, despite of having a very good channel to the other side. 
I believe that can dramatically change by improving and even "globalizing", so to speak, such a channel.

AH ok, you tested my concentration and awareness by implementing a dedicated error 😊 Gladly I passed the test.

I also had some thoughts on imaging with spirits. A year ago I wrote an app I also want to post here. It runs as a HTML5/JS application in a browser. It takes random data and some transformation algorithm to manipulate a one-dimensional array of integer numbers. After the transformation process the array is rendered in a 2d-canvas. This is done in a spiral, starting in the middle of the canvas and outwinding clockwise to the rims. I chose the spiral because it is a symbol of any kind of evolving processes in the spiritual world and the content of the array can be rendered without interruptions, what you always have if you put a picture in a canvas line by line. If you change the ratio of the canvas than the whole image content is mixed up. A spiral rendered image does not change it's appearance if you change the canvas. My idea is that an audio stream could be fed into that array and fill it with spirit influenced data. If the spirit could learn to influence this stream in the right way they could cause an image showing up. Somehow it's a conversion from audio to image. The WebAudio kit in JS opens up this possibility now since it provides access to the systems audio sources. This is an ongoing project.

Thanks for the information around your church. Will look at your information. I gained the impression that the belief system of your church has been evolved empirically. I like this very much since religion often appears as an abstract model of what is really going on in the hereafter.

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, Andres Ramos said:

The crown of these skills is automatic writing that is only given to a handful of mediums.

It would be easy to transfer binary via automatic writing with something like this:Binary.png.9a764fb0695f4d319b34e2a9390f1733.png

Then the binary can easily be converted to text (ASCII).

The postmaterial person (spirit) doesn't even need to know the equivalences beforehand, the medium can just print a page with all the Binary->ASCII equivalences for the postmaterial person to see.

I think binary should be the standard when trying to transfer information from the other side, trying to transfer audio or video is like building a house starting by the roof instead of the foundations.

The SoulPhone project will probably break that barrier in this decade.

Edited by Spyro

5 hours ago, Spyro said:

It would be easy to transfer binary via automatic writing with something like this:Binary.png.9a764fb0695f4d319b34e2a9390f1733.png

The postmaterial person (spirit) doesn't even need to know the equivalences beforehand, the medium can just print a page with all the Binary->ASCII equivalences for the postmaterial person to see.

I think binary should be the standard when trying to transfer information from the other side, trying to transfer audio or video is like building a house starting by the roof instead of the foundations.

The SoulPhone project will probably break that barrier in this decade.

Interesting idea and very simple. I need to check out the Soulphone project. Heard the name before but didn't follow it.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:52 AM, Spyro said:

I like this idea a lot! 
At least when/where there is a medium capable of doing automatic writing this would be cheapest form of Binary Transcommunication.

I don't anyone that can do that though.  Is there anyone in this forum with psychographic skills?

And what's the best way to ask such a question and make sure it reaches most of us.. @Keith J. Clark?

In any case.... I'll try to see if I can build an OCR app to automatically translate that kind of handwritten stuff into binary, then text

At least to get started, if the spirit person is going to be shown a table, as you suggested and which is also a great idea, then we can do away with a shorter 5-bits telegraph code (rather than ASCII).

Wow, now we're talking 🙂

In another post I described an instrumental (NOT mediumship based) design for ASK decoding (rather than FSK as you mentioned here). For whatever reason I thought it would be cheaper for them to select between signal levels than to modulate tones in a noisy carrier, but that should be experimented with.

I would absolutely love to see more details on these SoulPhone designs.

A very interesting summary on things that are possible to do with spirit interaction on communication channels. In fact we already tried out some of these paths but not thoroughly. Michael lee and me had long discussions about what you called HPC and Michael Lee has made concepts on the optical souls switch. We should keep an eye on this if we have more resources to throw on these topics.

Hi Jeff,

I think I agree with this. At least with what I think this implies.

I do have to think about the non-locality of the "subtle information frequency transformer", as I always considered that a physical medium had to be present and near by the equipment, but there might be other explanations for the cases when distance was an issue.

Can you take a look at the other, "twin" thread here? I'd like to read on input on it....

I am not sure if I could follow all of your explanations. You talked about a modem like setup with two alternating frequencies but you want to use amplitude fluctuations.  In this case for what do you need two frequencies and not just one?

Moreover I'd like to how spirits are affecting the 32KHz signal you mentioned. Is it really PWM they are doing?

Ok, referring to what you said about the modem tones I understand that if the amplitude of frequency 1 is higher as of frequency 2 you give it a logical 0 and if the amplitude of frequency 2 is higher than the one of frequency 1, you make it a logical 1. Is this correct?

For the 32KHz signal that would mean if it is averaged and there is no pulse modulation, meaning the pulse width is stable, then there are voices in the averaged signal?

Or is the signal pulse modulated with something and the voices are "on top" of it?

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2021 at 11:02 PM, Spyro said:

I have made a PDF with my proposal of what could be show to the spirit when trying to transfer text via binary.

1162798059_TransCommunicationBinaryTransmission.thumb.png.68bc722f8c2bd51f8e4704a5e6c381ba.png

TransCommunication Binary Transmission.pdf 134.05 kB · 4 downloads

Hi Spyro,

Indeed the idea is to use the ASCII code as you posted. 

I like your idea of the extremely simplified, automatic writing symbols, because it might be something that people with very very simple automatic writing skills can do (as opposed to a full blown AW medium which would not need to go through a binary encoding to write down a message).  I will surely attempt something like this as soon as I find someone with such skills.

On 3/7/2021 at 1:49 PM, Andres Ramos said:

Interesting concept. What is the proposed speed for the data transfer?

I have not developed any communication method so I can't propose any speed, haha. XD

I think the best way for the spirit would be to just send bits everytime he can "connect", and continue sending the next time he can connect again. Over time he could transfer big texts.

23 hours ago, Spyro said:

I have not developed any communication method so I can't propose any speed, haha. XD

I think the best way for the spirit would be to just send bits everytime he can "connect", and continue sending the next time he can connect again. Over time he could transfer big texts.

In any case it would require a very long and stable connection to the spirits as the character speed will be very slow.