Hi, KanadaKim,

I agree what you are saying about piezoelectricity and germanium. These might be the basic  building blocks of the receptor accompanied with those energies which are linked with us and ”the spirit team (or entities from the other dimensions).

Outside the theory of normal western science, but  according to the occult lore and spiritism, The universal Law of Attraction states, that like energy attracts like energy. Because the beings in the spiritual realm will not lower their vibration, we must raise ours to connect with them. The more we stay in a higher, lighter, clearer vibration, the more we will connect with the spiritual realm.

The most effective method to realize that, is selfless love and compassion which are our  fundamental  positive motivating forces. This state of mind certainly also effects on our vibration level and communication with the interdimensional benevolent beings in a very positive way-  as Dr Jeffer and Andres Ramos also explained in their previous messages on the forum.

It seems that piezoelectricity is linked with vibrational energiers. Piezoelectricity probably also works in The Germanium (T.D.C. Receptor ) and energy created in this way is the result of pressure and heat.   Pressure is implemented using a screw.

Very probably the theory is much more complicated and I don't understand all the details - even if it is part of the traditional science some day. These ideas only came into my mind and I decided to share them.

The following three articles are interesting:

1.  A Review of Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Based on Vibration. Heung Soo Kim et al.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/257786789_A_Review_of_Piezoelectric_Energy_Harvesting_Based_on_Vibration 

-> The energy density of piezoelectric devices is 3-5 times higher than electrostatic and electromagnetic devices (Fig. 1)

2.  Exploring Piezoelectric for Sound Wave as Energy Harvester

Heung Soo Kim et al.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317309746_Exploring_Piezoelectric_for_Sound_Wave_as_Energy_Harvester

3.   Dramatic Changes in Thermoelectric Power of Germanium under Pressure: Printing n–p Junctions by Applied Stress. Korobeinikov I.V. et al. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep44220

But the question concernig the optimal device for EVP transmission for novices is still open. If it is germanium receptor, the question about shielded circuits arises. How to realize that as far as external wires and cables are concerned ?

GISMO5367

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dr Jeffer 2.4.2021     >>> Hi Jeff! My comments are between your lines: It is interesting reading Salvi's description of the received noises for V1, as they sound exactly

Do you think you could find out about the amplifier used with the scole unit - in light of what I mentioned about it functioning without the receptor unit being connected? >>> I will rea

I got a nice email back from Salvi. His V1 receptor is wired exactly as the scole unit, and he does use relay coils, I presume of 5,000 ohms dc resistance, as per the instructions. One important thing

Posted Images

CanadaKim, Id like to say its really great to have another tech on the forum, and to read of your perspectives on the matters at hand.

Thank you for your comments regarding the nature of the scole device and its closeness to crystal sets and coherers. Yes, there is a possibility that the device could receive radio stations of a high local power, despite no antenna. Shielding as you say, would be the only safeguard to stop this problem from occurring, and as we know, evp is immune to shielding, so it would be a prudent thing to incorporate into a replication of the device. Gismo and I have been discussing the scole device quite intensively recently, as youve probably read, as Gismo expressed an interest in building one. I do not plan on doing so, as I have my own research to do and not much spare time in the day, even though I'm retired.

Gismo, if you dont mind, I will reply to your criteria related comments in another post. I will comment here on your concern regarding shielding - in that all necessary leads can be of a shielded type, and have radio frequency bypassing and filtering as they enter and leave the box. So this completely minimizes the risk of external rf fields interacting with the device.

JEFF

Edited by Dr Jeffers
10 hours ago, GISMO5367 said:

Operating conditions of this device should fulfil the following criteria: (1) The device should be operational also for solo users in order to produce enough energy ( no team required) and for EVP only (that is enough) (2) The device should work like a crystal radio (without electricity, radio signal and any other self made energy source) (3) The goal is to get that level of EVP-messages you and Andres Ramos and some other Varanormal members have been able to produce in their last message attachmets

Hi Gismo. This is a challenging question, as to fulfill all your criteria, I dont think any device can do this that I know of.

Criteria (2) that you list severely limits the choices, as having no energy source, it would rely on the collective formative energy of a number of participants in order to provide the device with enough energy reserve to operate, and this is not in agreement with your criteria (1). A crystal set does have an energy source of course in the incoming radio frequencies, so even this does not meet criteria (2).

If you want to generate clear messages, then the only efficient way of doing this is to provide a voice-like sound source, as this is the closest to what you would want to be receiving - in terms of clear human like voices. However this would require powered devices, so again doesnt fit with all your criteria. For novices, advanced circuit building to accomplish clear voices would be impossible without help. What I can recommend for a novice, is to create a traditional evp setup, that uses speech frequencies as a carrier. My idea here (that I have used myself years ago) is to use voice content as a sound source (but not in the users language, so false positives dont occur). Id suggest a foreign language that bears no resemblance to the users language. For myself, I used reversed Latvian, which had no english content that I could discern. The reversed speech content could be played at low level, alongside a shortwave receiver that is emitting cracks and pops of noise. The dynamic range of this content is important in order to provide a stimulus for the pk modulation to happen, and for the reverse content to be converted into an understandable message in the users language - hopefully. The recording of this combination can be done some distance from the 2 sound sources, and source levels adjusted so the sound level is quite weak at the recorder. The balance of reverse speech and shortwave sounds is critical and would need careful adjustment in order for the process to work efficiently. I hope this helps. I'm sorry, there is no simple solution for the criteria you have set.

JEFF

12 hours ago, Dr Jeffers said:

CanadaKim, Id like to say its really great to have another tech on the forum, and to read of your perspectives on the matters at hand.

Thank you for your comments regarding the nature of the scole device and its closeness to crystal sets and coherers. Yes, there is a possibility that the device could receive radio stations of a high local power, despite no antenna. Shielding as you say, would be the only safeguard to stop this problem from occurring, and as we know, evp is immune to shielding, so it would be a prudent thing to incorporate into a replication of the device. Gismo and I have been discussing the scole device quite intensively recently, as youve probably read, as Gismo expressed an interest in building one. I do not plan on doing so, as I have my own research to do and not much spare time in the day, even though I'm retired.

Gismo, if you dont mind, I will reply to your criteria related comments in another post. I will comment here on your concern regarding shielding - in that all necessary leads can be of a shielded type, and have radio frequency bypassing and filtering as they enter and leave the box. So this completely minimizes the risk of external rf fields interacting with the device.

JEFF

Thank you Jeff. It would be great if you could give me your suggestions for the improvement of the original germanium receptor including shielding and other specifications. The only information I can give at the moment to my co-worker ( an electrical and radio engineer here in Finland) concerning The germanium (T.D.C device) is: (1) The circuit diagram, (2) drawing (figure) representing the device itself and rough location of different components in relation to each others, ( taken from  G & J Solomon's book) (3)  original color photograph of the device ( taken during a Scole seance/sitting <-> This is a clip from a YouTube video where the germanium receptor is directly connected to the voice recorder.  (4)  instructions how to build the device (from Solomon's book and Robin Foy's diary / book where  all the sittings are recorded).

Every kind of suggestions and corrections how to build the device are welcome. I think, especially  the exact dimensions of the core components are important (= how far from each others and where the coils and the receptor itself (germanium chip and the screw) are located in the whole construction. Also the specifications of each single component ( size and resistance of the coils, quality and material of the wires, screw pressure, your suggestions for shielding, type and specifications of the amplifier etc...). One thing also came into my mind: In Varanormal community we have people who are using trance mediums and seances for communication -> If you have contacts to them, I think - if they dont mind - kindly forward the following question to the medium: " The germanium receptor was working amazingly well in the Scole Experiment. Thereafter some/many  people have tried to make a copy of that but have repeatedly failed. What is the reason for that and how should we now modify the receptor  or change our own bahaviour  /state of the mid / emotional atmosphere / personal or group energy in order to improve communication between us and the spirit world ?"

GISMO5367

13 hours ago, Dr Jeffers said:

Hi Gismo. This is a challenging question, as to fulfill all your criteria, I dont think any device can do this that I know of.

Criteria (2) that you list severely limits the choices, as having no energy source, it would rely on the collective formative energy of a number of participants in order to provide the device with enough energy reserve to operate, and this is not in agreement with your criteria (1). A crystal set does have an energy source of course in the incoming radio frequencies, so even this does not meet criteria (2).

If you want to generate clear messages, then the only efficient way of doing this is to provide a voice-like sound source, as this is the closest to what you would want to be receiving - in terms of clear human like voices. However this would require powered devices, so again doesnt fit with all your criteria. For novices, advanced circuit building to accomplish clear voices would be impossible without help. What I can recommend for a novice, is to create a traditional evp setup, that uses speech frequencies as a carrier. My idea here (that I have used myself years ago) is to use voice content as a sound source (but not in the users language, so false positives dont occur). Id suggest a foreign language that bears no resemblance to the users language. For myself, I used reversed Latvian, which had no english content that I could discern. The reversed speech content could be played at low level, alongside a shortwave receiver that is emitting cracks and pops of noise. The dynamic range of this content is important in order to provide a stimulus for the pk modulation to happen, and for the reverse content to be converted into an understandable message in the users language - hopefully. The recording of this combination can be done some distance from the 2 sound sources, and source levels adjusted so the sound level is quite weak at the recorder. The balance of reverse speech and shortwave sounds is critical and would need careful adjustment in order for the process to work efficiently. I hope this helps. I'm sorry, there is no simple solution for the criteria you have set.

JEFF

OK Jeff . No repudiation from my side at all.  Yor advice and reasoning above is warmly welcome and helped me to understand how the EVP works. These questions and setups are really difficult and challenging.  My basic idea was only to create a working device and  functional platform for EVP studies for myself and possibly also for those other people who are not experts on this area. I also need to collect more information related to electronics,  signal processing and many other technical things in order to proceed in my own studies and make my own conclusions about this topic.  

In response to our recent discussion re whether the receptor is prone to radio interference, or not, I decided to test this by creating a rough approximation of the coils and germanium diode, plus add a long antenna to it, so I could see if it picked up any radio stations.

Well, the pic shows what I did. The coils are 1,000 ohm relay coils (less than the 5,000 ohm units used in scole unit, but would be more sensitive to radio), connected in parallel and in phase with each other (total inductance = 1.6H), plus a germanium diode (I would say much more efficient at demodulating radio than the scole germanium chip), and I added a 40 metre long wire to this to ensure maximum radio pick up.

I ran an audio amp from the unit, and the results I recorded in the sound file attached. The first half of the track is with the long wire attached, and the second half (beginning at 34secs is with the antenna removed and the gain turned right up, as the level was very low compared to the antenna connected. No radio stations present in both cases. The unit is VERY susceptible to mains magnetic fields, and went mental when I first switched on the amp. I realized this hum was being picked up from the radiated field of the mains transformer inside my soldering station, so when this was switched off, the hum dropped by two thirds, but still was present as you can hear. From this, Id say the unit very unlikely to receive radio stations even when unshielded, but will need to be in a metal box (or completely away from mains equipment and wiring) in order to keep received hum levels at a minimum.

Gismo, I will respond to your other questions later on.

JEFF

IMG_1835.JPG

Dual coils diode and antenna.mp3

Gismo, in regards your request for more information on the scole device - in terms of improving it. The only suggestion would be the optional screening of the device if it is used in an area  where mains magnetic fields are evident, as this is easily picked up, as my quick experiment proved. Shielding can be by use of a steel box with appropriate connector to pass out the audio signal, such as an RCA chassis connector.

In looking at the information you have collected, I think your electronics colleague would have enough information to build this unit. The schematic shows the dimensions of the base, and proportioned placement dimensions of the other components. In the text, the holder for the germanium chip (chip dimensions mentioned) is described, with its rubber mat and copper foil inner connector and top M3 screw. The 5,000 ohm coils would have to be specially sourced - likely as the extracted coil from a relay. There is the important and revealing point that voices were also received without the unit being connected to the "amplifier and tape recorder", so the exact specification of the amplifier would be helpful and important information to have - if you can obtain it somehow? The placement and polarity of the coils is another anomaly, as the text says the fields oppose, but in the placement diagram, the coils are in parallel, not facing each other, as in Stefan's replication project - and how I would see them placed too, for maximum opposition of fields.

I attach snips from the book pages and other images that refer to these comments.

JEFF

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture9.jpg

Posted (edited)

Very  careful and thorough experiment Jeff. I fully agree that the risk picking radio stations in this setup is almost zero. As I can remember, that original germanium receptor was not shielded although it seems to be inside a transparent plastic box for some reason. I don't want to bother you with stupid questions, but before building a new copy of The Germanium receptor even minor specifications related to the device are important. 

An image representing that basic model of germanium receptor  Salvatore Rizzo has created is presented  on his web site

Germanium Receptor V2 (transkommunikation.ch)

and is copied below. In one of his emails (2/2021) to me  Salvatore states: 

I have therefore built two such germanium receptors. The first version was a test (this one with the wooden frame). In the middle of the device is a germanium plate. The electrical connection to the preamplifier goes through the relay coils and is made by the long, pointed screw.

Actually, this is a "primitive", simple microphone system. The fascinating thing is, when I had everything assembled and the system connected to a preamplifier, I could receive very loud "pops" depending on how hard (or weak) the metal tip of the screw was pressed on the germanium plate. A strong hissing noise was also audible. The crackling then stabilized with time. Less loud noise was received and suddenly, without anything being changed, the crackling and noise increased and I could hear speech-like sounds.

I have to say that I always do my recordings with the PC and then filter the recording with special filtering software. The fantastic thing is that many voices overlap at the same time and many of these voices are only audible when the recording is slowed down by a factor between 350% and 800% after filtering. Even if suddenly loud "pops" occur, voices are audible again after filtering and slowing down. I was also able to achieve similar results with other, ferrous stones. It is important that the stone surface can conduct electricity.

After several experiments I wanted to go further and built the Germanium-Receptor V2.0. This unit works roughly on the same principle as the V1.0 version, but I added the following:

- Integrated balanced amplifier

- DSP audio filter

- 5-band audio equalizer

- Variable ring modulator

- Adjustable voltage source up to 200V to set the diode bias voltage

In addition, I built in four different germanium diodes in an aluminum case. These diodes are mounted in a plastic tube and between them are two Neodyn magnets with opposite polarity. In the middle of the tube, where the diode and the magnets are clamped, a "communication bubble" could possibly develop. In the attachment you can find some pictures of the germanium chamber. Unfortunately, I couldn't do many experiments yet due to lack of time, but the few tests I did were promising. You can hear many voices, unfortunately not well understandable. They interact and address me by my first name many times.

I hope Jeff this gives some additional information to the whole scenario. I have not been in contact with Salvatore since this email (2/2021) at all, but it seems that he has got the germanium receptor working in some way although the communication has not been very good or interactive ?

Jeff, I comment your message sent half an hour ago: You have very carefully went through all the specifications related to The original Germanium Receptor and I think now we have all the necessary building blocks ready in order to build a copy. I make a list of all the details and present that to that electrical and radio engineer I already contacted last week. We try to build a new copy and I will inform you later about the results. This might take some time but I will realize this project as soon as possibly. If you have any additional comments and ideas related to that, I will quote and use them them during the manufacturing process.

GISMO5367

image.png.6e78dbffea245d072a68bdb72ab69ead.png

Edited by GISMO5367
link corrrected

Yes Gismo, I did notice we were online together when I was composing that last post, so accounts for our posts appearing almost simultaneously.

It is interesting reading Salvi's description of the received noises for V1, as they sound exactly what I'd expect from the receptor. He does mention using relay coils that I suggested. Do you have more technical detail of his V1? I have found a video on it being demonstrated below.

I forgot to add that the two relay coils will need to be electrically phased so that their fields oppose instead of attract. This can be done by connecting the coils in parallel and applying a dc voltage while the coils are facing each other closely. If the wiring is correct, the coils should repel each other, and if not, the wiring of one coil needs to be reversed. I hope this makes sense, as it is important.

When you're mounting the relay coils, I suggest they face each other in repel mode, rather than be in a parallel situated relationship. The magnetic field diagram presented in the scole material seems wrong to me.

Salvi says "The electrical connection to the preamplifier goes through the relay coils" this comment seems to indicate his unit does not follow the scole circuit with the coils and germanium connected in parallel. Perhaps you could ask him for clarification on what the wiring actually is for his V1 ? The video is not clear on this.

Salvi's V2 uses opposing magnets like Stefan's unit does to create a distinct (but static) void zone, and I would tend to agree this is a logical move, but does disconnect the actions of coils and germanium as a dynamic pair, so perhaps it isn't a wise move. Id still recommend staying with the V1 /Scole design. Also, Salvi uses a germanium diode that is biased, also like Stefan's unit, so there is a very close similarity between these 2 guys work. Heres a radical thought - perhaps they are the same person?

Do you think you could find out about the amplifier used with the scole unit - in light of what I mentioned about it functioning without the receptor unit being connected?

Here are two youtube vids that are helpful. First is Salvi's receptor and its testing. Second is building of a receptor - with received sounds added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRzVGEfO4rg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q3YuyjshTI

JEFF

Edited by Dr Jeffers

Dr Jeffer 2.4.2021

>>> Hi Jeff! My comments are between your lines:

It is interesting reading Salvi's description of the received noises for V1, as they sound exactly what I'd expect from the receptor. He does mention using relay coils that I suggested. Do you have more technical detail of his V1? I have found a video on it being demonstrated below.

>>> I don’t have more information. All information he provides is available on his web site / Home pages / YouTube. I have received only two emails from Salvi and I have already shared the relevant information included in those emails with you.

>>> In the first video  , which I have not seen before  (link below ) ,I see now his V1 germanium receptor fully operational and the video also guite nicely shows the details of the receptor  itself (how it was built).  Most of the video is concentrated on the ”filtering”. During this demonstration the visitors should also hear a ”german voice” . Although I listened very carefully, I couldn’t hear human speech. Maybe this has also something to do with my own insularity ( Anyway, I have studied germany in the school and can recognize the language and the words very well, if they  exsist. In the second video there is  a sound  (like  a ripple of conversation in an enormous crowd) but  separate words or sentences are not separable  (this might  also reflect my own imagination. Anyway,the possible ”speech” is not clear at all and not understandable…)

I forgot to add that the two relay coils will need to be electrically phased so that their fields oppose instead of attract. This can be done by connecting the coils in parallel and applying a dc voltage while the coils are facing each other closely. If the wiring is correct, the coils should repel each other, and if not, the wiring of one coil needs to be reversed. I hope this makes sense, as it is important.

When you're mounting the relay coils, I suggest they face each other in repel mode, rather than be in a parallel situated relationship. The magnetic field diagram presented in the scole material seems wrong to me.

>>> I see that here  is  possibly a  conflict ( how to place the coils).  This  is a real problem because  this type of errors might prevent the device functioning properly. I think nobody can give us the final answer. One solution model might be, that when assembling the germanium receptor the coils are movable  so that we can easily change their position at any time during the experiment.

Salvi says "The electrical connection to the preamplifier goes through the relay coils" this comment seems to indicate his unit does not follow the scole circuit with the coils and germanium connected in parallel. Perhaps you could ask him for clarification on what the wiring actually is for his V1 ? The video is not clear on this.

>>> This might aIso be a fundamental obstacle. I can ask Salvi by email about the wiring. However, because this is specifically a technical problem, and I am not an expert in electronics – in order to avoid misunderstanding again – it would be great if you can formulate the question (related to the wiring )  by yourself .  Then I can forward your specific question(s)  directly to Salvi. Alternatively, if you don’t mind , feel free to join his forum (which is free for everybody) and ask the critical questions.  Everything is OK for me.  I only hope to proceed with the Germanium Receptor building protocol.

>>>  Related to this problem one  solution might be that none of the connections between wires and other components  (coils-germanium receptor –amplifier etc) are not “fixed “ but instead of that freely movable using electrically conductive “clips” or “specific plugs”, if this is possible in practice. In this way we could cange the setup  in real time after constructing V1-type germanium receptor.

Salvi's V2 uses opposing magnets like Stefan's unit does to create a distinct (but static) void zone, and I would tend to agree this is a logical move, but does disconnect the actions of coils and germanium as a dynamic pair, so perhaps it isn't a wise move. Id still recommend staying with the V1 /Scole design.

>>> I think it is nor wise at this stage to change the original construction of The Germanium Receptor if the setup is not against  common sense, logic and the basic rules of electronics.

Also, Salvi uses a germanium diode that is biased, also like Stefan's unit, so there is a very close similarity between these 2 guys work. Heres a radical thought - perhaps they are the same person?

>>> It seems for me that Salvi is working  absolutely alone at the moment and he is very busy with his V2 receptor, YouTube videos and some personal matters.

>>> I  re-read your previous attachment ”Edisons TDC.pdf” and got the idea about Stefan’s unit. . It seems that the correct disposition of components in Germanium T.D.C receptor is not absolutely clear for us at the momnent and this might be one reason why some previous attempts to make a copy of that have been failed ?  It also seems that Salvi is using his V1-type receptor  connected to the V2-receptor, which is a sophisticated  filtration and signal procession module. In The Scole Experiment they used only V1-type receptor and a simple  amplifier or connected the receptor directly to a voice recorder . - Still many unanswered questions!

Do you think you could find out about the amplifier used with the scole unit - in light of what I mentioned about it functioning without the receptor unit being connected?

>>> I will read the original documents available concerning The Scole Experiment itself (especially Robin Foys records concerning the sessions  and Solomons’ book) or use Google or some other search engine.  I have most of the books related to Scole material  in my library.  I will respond later.

Here are two youtube vids that are helpful. First is Salvi's receptor and its testing. Second is building of a receptor - with received sounds added.

>>> The last video ”building a receptor” is  - according to my opinion  - a mere historical overview and doesn’t help very much. Even the construction of the receptor doesn’t follow the given guidelines  ( for example a huge germanium crystal was used in the receptor !)

>>> One scenario probably manifests when discussing with my electrical /radio engineer about EVP, ITC and previous  problems people have had when building The Germanium (T.D.C receptor). -> I m quite sure  that he is only waiting unambiguous, detailed and accurate instructions how to build the receptor itself but  I think the circuit diagram is not enough and he needs  also accurate instructions about the location of different components . Very probably his perspective is purely “technical” and  I think he is not familiar with the spiritual and interdimensional connections of that device and possibly not interested in that  topic that at all ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRzVGEfO4rg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q3YuyjshTI

GISMO5367

Thanks for your detailed answers. I agree its probably not wise to deviate from what the original design is, even though I think the coils should face the germanium cell as Stefan has done. It is a good idea to have the coils able to rotate at least 90 degrees if possible, so both angles can be tried. If they are parallel as per default, then they will still need to be phased as I described - and if the coils rotate fully, then they will need some markings on the upper poles, so they dont accidentally end up 180 degrees with respect to each other. I will investigate Salvi's forum and probably ask some questions in it - or to him. Will forward if and what I get, if its useful.

JEFF

• iDigitalMedium Research Team

Great discussion! Stefan Bion, according to Keith, is no longer active in ITC, as he now follows the path of his religion. I had no idea that he worked on the electronic side, as I only know him from his exemplary software program, EVPMaker.

Michael - thanks for letting me know about Stefan's reason for moving away from ITC matters, it solves the mystery. I was talking to Christian Hilpert of the VTF some time back, and he told me Stefan had severed all ties with the VTF (didnt say why), and his ITC website and forum were shut down. Noticed all his excellent technical material was also removed off ITCBridge too. All that remains is the pdf that I posted on this thread.

JEFF

>>> I will read the original documents available concerning The Scole Experiment itself (especially Robin Foys records concerning the sessions  and Solomons’ book) or use Google or some other search engine.  I have most of the books related to Scole material  in my library.  I will respond later.

Hi Jeff,

With reference to the amplifier question (above), please check the link: 

Trans-Dimensional Communication Experiments (thescoleexperiment.com)

-> attached file "AMPLIFIER AND GERMANIUM RECEPTOR"

There is also an original photograph representing that germanium receptor which was used in The Scole experiment. It gives some direct information how the coils and cabels are placed in this (working) version.

I am later waiting some feedback and additional information from you after meeting Salvi

GISMO5367

AMPLIFIER AND GERMANIUM RECEPTOR.docx

Thanks for the  information youve gathered. It gives a slightly better idea of what they were using. I guess the information we need only resides with the people involved.

I am still to contact Salvi. This weekend has been very busy for me, so this work has been set aside. Will advise of what I uncover, but I dont think it will alter how you will construct the unit.

Update 5th April: Sent email to Salvi this morning.

Edited by Dr Jeffers

I got a nice email back from Salvi. His V1 receptor is wired exactly as the scole unit, and he does use relay coils, I presume of 5,000 ohms dc resistance, as per the instructions. One important thing I did notice is that he has the relay coils spaced a lot further away from the germanium chip, and I'd have to say that if the coils do interact with the germanium in some sort of regenerative fashion, then they need to be very close, as per the scole unit - or preferably even closer than that.

Edited by Dr Jeffers

Hi Jeff and other Varanormal members who are interested,

Finally I yesterday ordered / purchased  two of the following items from USA:

POTTER & BRUMFIELD LM5 RELAY * NEW NO BOX * | eBay

They are actually vintage but unused 5000 ohm relays (see attached images).  There is a coil inside and i think I get access to that after dismantling the relay. According to my opinion,  these coils are very near to that model which was used in the original germanium receptor. It was very difficult to find out similar 5000 ohm separate coils from The Internet.

I also checked the following video from YouTube and discovered that type of tape recorded they used in the Scole Experiment - directly connected to the germanium receptor (see the attached image):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQvQ_WTtdHk

When going through the literature  related to the germanium receptor and how to use that, I noticed,   that the team ( Robin Foy and his colleaques) used clear quartz crystals  placed at the cardinal points of the compass (NSEW) on the table near the germanium receptor (according to the instructions of "the spirit scientists") . These crystals appeared  to have a specifc function and importance thinking the transmission of the messages. I asked that yesterday  by email from Jane Solomon and She confimed this additional information.

At the moment I also have Robin Foy's up to date email address in case  we need to ask him something about the specifications of the equipments. I also took some "capture images" from Salvi's Germanium receptor (basic model) where all the details are clearly visible. I hope this information helps in our strivings to build a working device. All additional suggestions and expert opinions are warmly welcome !

Panasonic-Taperecorder-1.jpg

5000 ohm relay-2.jpg

5000 ohm relay.jpg

That's good work Gismo, tracking down that relay. It does look appropriate, and better than the ones I looked up.

If you contact Robin Foy, can you ask him about the amplifier used - model, specs, etc.

Are you going to try and obtain that model of tape recorder?

Here is a pdf containing 10 close-up photos of Salvi's unit. I obtained this from him yesterday, and a document that relates the evp process to scalar wave theory. The "scalar bubble" is mentioned. I think the concept from this document was implicit in Salvi's and Stefan's work -refer to the pdf I posted previously of Stefan's work with developing a receptor.

Germanium Receptor V1_0 photos.pdf

Breakthrough -The Physics of Electronic Voice Phenomena.pdf

Edited by Dr Jeffers

Thank you very much Jeff for those photographs representing Salvi's receptor and the other attachment! Unfortunately, I have been busy at work ("bread and butter job" ) the whole day but during the weekend I try to get an answer to those questions you mentioned in your last message and write to Robin Foy. I also have one unanswered question related to my "gismo": "The screw in the germanium receptor - made of which material ? ( stainless steel or Iron ?). As far as I can remember different iron alloys have different electrical conductivity and this might matter. In the original model of the germanium receptor the screw looks rusty and very probably  it is  a normal old iron screw ?

Tape recorder: I have almost an unused old professional Sony Walkman c-casette player,  but for some reason its traction mechanism was broken and is now under repair. Unfortunately, this casette player needs an extra amplifier / speaker. What is your opinion ? If the casette player has an output line (as mine has), do I meet problems when using that + a separate speaker (or earphones)  for output [ trying to record electronic voices from The Germanium receptor directly connectd to the casette player (input)] ? What if I connect the germanium receptor directly to my digital audio recorder ( I have Zoom H4nPro handy recorder for my studies and this device also converts analog audio signal to digital automatically). Maybe these my questioning is incorrectly set, because the EVP-messages are transmitteed in some magical way we don't know yet-. - I can ask Robin Foy these questions,  if I am able to reach him but Varanormal members' opinions are also  highly appreciated. I tried to find out (using google images search) that Pansonic tape recorder model you can see in my previous message (capture image from a video / above). It seems that this model is still for sale and not very difficult to purchase.

GISMO5367

The look of the screws in that closeup snap of the scole unit would indicate they are probably ordinary steel or brass that has rusted or corroded somewhat. Definitely not stainless steel. May have had zinc or cadmium coating maybe. Id say they wont be exotic, so it is probably the lowest denominator - steel. The screws that Salvi used look to me like zinc plated steel. Perhaps that type would be good.

Perfect electrical conductivity is not an issue here, as the circuit is high impedance. The screw only needs to make pressurized contact with the germanium in order to do its job. This job is to make electrical contact and to stress the germanium physically so it is brought to a threshold of internal emf generation similar to a piezo-electric effect. Salvi's V2 receptor uses electrical pressure (bias) instead, to bring the germanium diodes to that threshold level.

Your Sony Walkman has a headphones output, so it needs a powered speaker (containing amplifier) in order to work powerfully, as the walkman output is quite low. If your Walkman has a microphone input, it is suitable for the receptor, as the receptor will have a low level output similar to a microphone level.

Your Zoom recorder has a stereo mic input and therefore will need a specially wired plug that connects the two inputs together (to make a mono input) as well as capacitor in series with this mono line, to block the dc coming out of the recorder (this input provides power for external mics).

What needs to be kept in mind here, is that the scole unit when set correctly produces noise, and this may or may not contain voices. As such, the transformation of this voiceless noise into voice can occur in the following scole amplifier (hence my interest in it) or the tape recorder used. It was stated in the scole material that voices were still received when the scole unit was disconnected from the amplifier, so this is an important point that reinforces my comments as to where voice transformation / reception can occur. Salvi demonstrated filtering of the his V1 receptor noise to try and clarify any embedded voices. I dont think he got anything worthwhile out of the filtering. This again is indicating that the receptor may be only a noise source, and without a pk sensitive amplifier or tape recorder, voices may not therefore appear, as noise by itself needs a pk modulator in order to be transformed into voice. This is just my opinion, so please dont let this put you off building this unit. I think your passion for this project is an indication that you will attract results accordingly.

If I was to choose a recorder for this project, I would choose a tape recorder, primarily to add another avenue for voice formation if it doesnt occur clearly in the receptor (there can be more than one point of pk modulation in any setup). Modern digital recorders do have ability to record voices, but I think the best recorders were the old cassette units, or even reel to reel recorders. I have used both in times gone by (showing my age here).

Edited by Dr Jeffers
  • iDigitalMedium Research Team

A very good analysis, Jeff. I agree with your arguments and think the germanium setup is a source for agile, pink noise saturated with impulses and the pk modulation likely is bound to the power of the scole group itself.

Thank you Jeff and Andres for your valuable feedback . I also try to gather more information related to the setup the Scole group used when the germanium receptor was operating and producing voices and information ( Germanium receptor - amplifier - tape recorder connections).  Please see attached pages copied from Solomons'  and Robin Foy's books. ( AMPLIFIER-1 is from Solomons'  book and AMPLIFIER-2 from Robin Foy's diary)  When contacting Jane Solomon, I heard,  that she and her husband Grant never joined Scole sessions. Thus, first hand information is available only in the scientific report concerning The Scole Experiment -> https://www.amazon.com/Scole-Report-Montague-Keen/dp/1908421002 <-  as well as in Robin Foy's book (diary) "Witnessing the impossible" !

GISMO5367

AMPLIFIER-1.pdf AMPLIFIER-2.pdf

On 3/31/2021 at 6:23 AM, GISMO5367 said:

Thank you Jeff. It would be great if you could give me your suggestions for the improvement of the original germanium receptor including shielding and other specifications. The only information I can give at the moment to my co-worker ( an electrical and radio engineer here in Finland) concerning The germanium (T.D.C device) is: (1) The circuit diagram, (2) drawing (figure) representing the device itself and rough location of different components in relation to each others, ( taken from  G & J Solomon's book) (3)  original color photograph of the device ( taken during a Scole seance/sitting <-> This is a clip from a YouTube video where the germanium receptor is directly connected to the voice recorder.  (4)  instructions how to build the device (from Solomon's book and Robin Foy's diary / book where  all the sittings are recorded).

Every kind of suggestions and corrections how to build the device are welcome. I think, especially  the exact dimensions of the core components are important (= how far from each others and where the coils and the receptor itself (germanium chip and the screw) are located in the whole construction. Also the specifications of each single component ( size and resistance of the coils, quality and material of the wires, screw pressure, your suggestions for shielding, type and specifications of the amplifier etc...). One thing also came into my mind: In Varanormal community we have people who are using trance mediums and seances for communication -> If you have contacts to them, I think - if they dont mind - kindly forward the following question to the medium: " The germanium receptor was working amazingly well in the Scole Experiment. Thereafter some/many  people have tried to make a copy of that but have repeatedly failed. What is the reason for that and how should we now modify the receptor  or change our own bahaviour  /state of the mid / emotional atmosphere / personal or group energy in order to improve communication between us and the spirit world ?"

GISMO5367

One thing that Andres Ramos (God of EVP) has taught me is that there are NO hard and fast rules in regards to EVP. Parts placement and exact location of Components in relation to each other does not seem important. Winding of coils would seem to be the only really exacting part of the circuit....but as you may have found out, early descriptions of such things are aggravatingly lacking. I think failure of such devices is not because of construction of circuitry, but failure of the people running it, as well as failure to perceive the voices. Good solid construction techniques, shielded cables within the boxes, and as interconnection cables is an absolute must.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:36 AM, GISMO5367 said:

Hi Jeff and other Varanormal members who are interested,

Finally I yesterday ordered / purchased  two of the following items from USA:

POTTER & BRUMFIELD LM5 RELAY * NEW NO BOX * | eBay

They are actually vintage but unused 5000 ohm relays (see attached images).  There is a coil inside and i think I get access to that after dismantling the relay. According to my opinion,  these coils are very near to that model which was used in the original germanium receptor. It was very difficult to find out similar 5000 ohm separate coils from The Internet.

I also checked the following video from YouTube and discovered that type of tape recorded they used in the Scole Experiment - directly connected to the germanium receptor (see the attached image):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQvQ_WTtdHk

When going through the literature  related to the germanium receptor and how to use that, I noticed,   that the team ( Robin Foy and his colleaques) used clear quartz crystals  placed at the cardinal points of the compass (NSEW) on the table near the germanium receptor (according to the instructions of "the spirit scientists") . These crystals appeared  to have a specifc function and importance thinking the transmission of the messages. I asked that yesterday  by email from Jane Solomon and She confimed this additional information.

At the moment I also have Robin Foy's up to date email address in case  we need to ask him something about the specifications of the equipments. I also took some "capture images" from Salvi's Germanium receptor (basic model) where all the details are clearly visible. I hope this information helps in our strivings to build a working device. All additional suggestions and expert opinions are warmly welcome !

Panasonic-Taperecorder-1.jpg

5000 ohm relay-2.jpg

5000 ohm relay.jpg

As soon as I saw the coil, I immediately thought "this is a repurposed relay coil". The whole screw onto an object immediately made me thing of Andres Ramos's Coherer unit, altho his unit does not use any form of Diodes that I can think of....ummm, or a coil. His Coherer unit is very easy to build, and has been very positive in its output. I would keep away from using a unshielded cassette recorder, and would use a digital recorder, or the direct input into a computer card.

DO NOT take anything that I have said as indication that you should discontinue your current experimentation, in any way.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:58 PM, Dr Jeffers said:

In response to our recent discussion re whether the receptor is prone to radio interference, or not, I decided to test this by creating a rough approximation of the coils and germanium diode, plus add a long antenna to it, so I could see if it picked up any radio stations.

Well, the pic shows what I did. The coils are 1,000 ohm relay coils (less than the 5,000 ohm units used in scole unit, but would be more sensitive to radio), connected in parallel and in phase with each other (total inductance = 1.6H), plus a germanium diode (I would say much more efficient at demodulating radio than the scole germanium chip), and I added a 40 metre long wire to this to ensure maximum radio pick up.

I ran an audio amp from the unit, and the results I recorded in the sound file attached. The first half of the track is with the long wire attached, and the second half (beginning at 34secs is with the antenna removed and the gain turned right up, as the level was very low compared to the antenna connected. No radio stations present in both cases. The unit is VERY susceptible to mains magnetic fields, and went mental when I first switched on the amp. I realized this hum was being picked up from the radiated field of the mains transformer inside my soldering station, so when this was switched off, the hum dropped by two thirds, but still was present as you can hear. From this, Id say the unit very unlikely to receive radio stations even when unshielded, but will need to be in a metal box (or completely away from mains equipment and wiring) in order to keep received hum levels at a minimum.

Gismo, I will respond to your other questions later on.

JEFF

IMG_1835.JPG

Dual coils diode and antenna.mp3 1.13 MB · 1 download

I do find this set up fascinating, basically exciting a germanium diode with 2 electromagnetic fields, Did you also attempt exciting the diode with regular magnets as well??

Why does this require such a long antenna wire??