Hi eveybody! My question is: How to build this (original) TDC device used in The Scole Experiment  (Detailed and meticulous instructions including all electronic components - especially the coils -, their parameters, dimensions and distances from each others, code numbers and availability in case they are for sale or parts of some antique crystal radios) ? Copy of the image representing this original model is uploaded below:

https://content.invisioncic.com/n303486/monthly_2021_03/GR-Scole.png.2262076167037a796514da32c3fe66e1.png

https://robinsphysicalphenomena.webs.com/thetdcdevice.htm

Cheers, GISMO5367

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Jeffers

Hi

I dont think there are any specific details of this device existing except the basic wiring diagram and pics that you have linked to. There have been reproductions of this device, and the people concerned would have made guesses as to how to build it in relation to spacing of the crystal to the coils, the inductance of each coil, etc. Pieces of germanium can be bought off ebay, and the coils can be wound or existing coils used. The germanium chip is under pressure via the screw, and this is an important point of its operation, I believe. The coil specifications may not be that critical. So its a case of using intuition to build it, so it has best chance of working for you, and therefore you become entangled with it, and it its operation.

JEFF

1. https://content.invisioncic.com/n303486/monthly_2021_03/JTK.thumb.jpg.e761530d732957b54c2b14e7a16055b5.jpg

GISMO5367

This image above has been copied from the Internet, and I am not sure how the original version of the TDC-device they used in the Scole Experiment lookes like?  Maybe that image represents just the original version of the device?  I don't have first-hand information and I have had difficulties reaching Robin Foy and other people in the Scole group who are involved. If we build a replica of The Germanium Receptor -  according to my opinion - everything matters: Placement of the coils, their size, resistance, amplifier, conversion of the signal from analog to digital format (if this is possible)   etc.  My plan is  to build a replica of  the TDC device following the "instructions" as carefully and meticulously and I hope to find relevant, accurate and true information for that ( not suppositions). Modern technologies are also under construction, but as far as I know, those technologies  help mainly in signal processing and filtering  ( not improving the quality of the original signal).  Please see:  

https://transkommunikation.ch/dateien/germanium_receptor_v2/

As I have mentioned, other researchers have tried to replicate the device, and as far as I am aware, no one has succeeded in getting the results that the Scole group obtained. This would lead to two conclusions: 1) The design is extremely sensitive to design variations, and may be impossible or extremely difficult to replicate or 2) that the device does not work, and results may not be genuine.

• iDigitalMedium Research Team

I had the same problems especially because I did not understand the function of the coils. But I made some experiments with a piece of pure germanium from Ebay. When I was routing a small current through the screw and the GE it generated pink noise. I got a mix of croaky voices jumping out of an agile noise signal full of cracks, bursts and spikes. Intelligibility of the voices was rather bad.

Hi Dr. Jeffers and Andres! Thank you when responding!

Salvatore Rizzo in his email to me (2/2021) wrote:

Concerning the Germanium Receptor and the experiments of the SCOLE group, I have not read very much on the internet. In particular, I would have been very interested in the technical part of the device arrangement, but you don't find much. Except that the Receptor and the structure of it were transmitted by entities. But I am very skeptical if any "mediums" are involved.

I have therefore built two such germanium receptors. The first version was a test (this one with the wooden frame). In the middle of the device is a germanium plate. The electrical connection to the preamplifier goes through the relay coils and is made by the long, pointed screw.

Actually, this is a "primitive", simple microphone system. The fascinating thing is, when I had everything assembled and the system connected to a preamplifier, I could receive very loud "pops" depending on how hard (or weak) the metal tip of the screw was pressed on the germanium plate. A strong hissing noise was also audible. The crackling then stabilized with time. Less loud noise was received and suddenly, without anything being changed, the crackling and noise increased and I could hear speech-like sounds.

In addition, I built in four different germanium diodes in an aluminum case. These diodes are mounted in a plastic tube and between them are two Neodyn magnets with opposite polarity. In the middle of the tube, where the diode and the magnets are clamped, a "communication bubble" could possibly develop. In the attachment you can find some pictures of the germanium chamber. Unfortunately, I couldn't do many experiments yet due to lack of time, but the few tests I did were promising. You can hear many voices, unfortunately not well understandable. They interact and address me by my first name many times.

Please also check the following links:

http://www.transkommunikation.ch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg2ICMyrECE

It seems that "the entities - whatever they are - create the contct ! Thus, it might be wise to accept the "hypothesis" that we might be  fully dependent on "the spirit team(s)" in our strivings to built the contact. How to develop this kind of friendship and co-operation is not yet clear for me . For example, how this happened in The Scole Experiment, please read the attached PDF-document < Instructions from the scole group>( Grant & Jane Solomon: The Scole Experiment; ISBN: 0-7499-2032-7 / pages 117-128). Although this "story" sounds unreal - like in fairytales or science fiction - it might also be true, witnessed by prominent scientists and members of SPR and thus a portal to the parallel worlds.  Anabela Cardoso highlights this principle also in her book Electronic voices - Contact with Another Dimension (ISBN: 978 1 84694 368 )

Instructions from The Scole Group.pdf

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this information. Yes, the stressing of such materials as Germanium can induce it to emit 1/f noise as described. This can be by direct physical pressure, or by electrical pressure (or both) as Andres has explained. The characteristic of the noise is often spikey, and this type of noise can contain embedded information once it is processed. Other devices such as the coal dust detector (a type of coherer) uses electrical stressing of a vial of carbon granules, and it can produce primitive voice artifacts.

Maybe to look at what the device isn't may be of advantage..
Well, its not a crystal set. The iron cored coils would preclude any sensitivity to normal radio frequencies. The coils would however respond to low frequency em fields. The germanium in its lightly connected  / lightly pressured situation is probably not operating as a noise source by itself as its not receiving sufficient stimulation, but if it did produce noise, the coils would not shunt this if they were of sufficient inductance.

It is important to keep in mind that these devices as such may not always be creating voice content, but only serve as sound sources, and paranormal conversion into voice content may happen in the amplifier or subsequent devices connected to it. I have first hand experience that this can occur.

JEFF

Edited by Dr Jeffers

Here is a link to a Youtube video of the scole experiments.

The screenshot from the movie below shows what seems to be the actual device used, as you asked about previously. It is interesting, as prior to this scene (56m), they are mentioning that the previous way they got communication was to play a blank cassette tape in a recorder (that has the mic removed) and voices came through the speaker (there are sound clip examples). This is a parallel to the scole device, as the recorder has a pickup coil (play head) and amplifier. I have heard this exact method has been used at crop circle sites to detect paranormal sounds (the recorder was switched to play mode, but there was no actual cassette in the machine), so it has some validation, however tenuous.

JEFF

57m-08secs.JPG

Edited by Dr Jeffers

Hi Jeff and Andres,

Thank you for the link to your old forum. There is a lot of first hand information how to build a TDC device. But as i can understand,  the final results  were not satisfactory and convining. When building more sophisticated devices (like Salvatore Rizzo's Germanium receptor V2),  the original signal is still unsatisfactory without any real communication ( at the moment) and the result is the same...

These your comments above would clarify the mystery of the voices even more:

" ...I did not understand the function of the coils... "  <->  [It is our of our comprehension]

"...these devices as such may not always be creating voice content, but only serve as sound sources, and paranormal conversion into voice content may happen in the amplifier or subsequent devices connected to it..."

Wen being absolutely honest, it looks for me that the The Germanium receptor might be like some kind of "gismo" or "favourite subject" for the spirit entities - if they exist - in order to fool us or play with us or alternatively  demonstrate something very important to the mankind. Maybe the germanium receptor  itself  it is not  the central area, where the voices are produced.  If  interdimensional beings are able to produce direct voice and pictures, text and drawings on plain photography  film in full darkness (what happened  during the Scole sessions) - for sure they are also competent to communicate with us without any problems and devices. When reading The Scole Report, do you believe on it or not ? Is it a breakthrough in the history of physical mediumship or a big hoax? If you think it is not a hoax, where are the tricks and  how would you guide people who are searching the truth  ( -> the philosophy of logical analysis, developing sophisticated electronic devices, studying our own cryptoconscious / subconscious  mind  or  concentrating on alien encounters and parallel worlds in order to confront them some day etc...)

GISMO5367

Here is a pdf I made in 2016 of posts by Stefan Bion, copied from the ITCBridge thread I mentioned previously. I checked just before, and this content strangely isnt contained in the thread anymore. It is a technical lead up to his Germanium Receptor device. I dont understand that you quote an email from Salvatore Rizzo, who seems to be developing exactly the same device. These turn of events are very strange!!

Also, here are some other links..

https://robinsphysicalphenomena.webs.com/thetdcdevice.htm

https://www.thescoleexperiment.com/trans-dimensional-communication-experiments.html

JEFF

Edisons TDC.pdf

I tend to try and keep an open mind on such events and discoveries. I keep it in mind and look for parallels, and the scole tape recorder method I mentioned perhaps could be genuine, as I know that the use of that exact method at crop circles was indeed genuine. Therefore if this has validity, then the use of coils and amplifier by the scole people may also be valid by association (excluding the germanium).

JEFF

Hi Jeff,

Those  two links you posted above (yesterday 10:12 PM local time) I have seen previously in The Internet, but the attached PDF dociument (Edison TDC)  is really interesting. As we know , according to the legend -before Edison died, he tried to develop "a chost machine" -the same thing that we are trying to do just now. But he didn't succeed ( or did he ?) <-> I collected some information from the internet (please see the attached file). 

I quoted an email from Salvatore Rizzo only because I didn't know anyone else how is nowadays developing a more sophisticated "Germaniun receptor /TDC model"  based on the idea of the original device. Actually, I don't know Salvatore very well. I learnt to know him only in the beginning of this year. Moreover, I am not very familiar with electronics and signal processing. During my army service I participated the basic mandatory lessons related to electrical engineering. The rest of the service I spent on the radar screen during those long nights when being on-call there and trying to locate aeroplanes and differentiate them from weather obsertvation balls and other flying objecfts - Unfortunately I did't see any UFOs 🙂. I am more familiar with life sciences including biochemistry, neurochemistry and human consciousness studies. As a hobby and as a method to expand my world view, at the moment  I am mainly interested in astrobiology and physical mediumship.

GISMO5367

EDISON AND THE GHOST MACHINE.docx

I comment your email yesterday 10:23 PM:

- Please open this idea a little bit more (related to the "parallels") : I keep it in mind and look for parallels, and the scole tape recorder method I mentioned perhaps could be genuine, as I know that the use of that exact method at crop circles was indeed genuine. Therefore if this has validity, then the use of coils and amplifier by the scole people may also be valid by association (excluding the germanium).

- The best method for transdimensional communication? -> Do you know any people or groups in our days who are able to show/demonstrate that trandimensional communication and  mutual exchange of ideas and questions with the "spirit -or transdoimensional entities" is possible using instrumental transcommunication? Their support and advice might be  priceless.  I don't trust very much on mental mediumship because it is more "subjective" and   human mind and subconscious forces might create many tricks and hide the truth.  The beginning of The Scole Experiment and the discovey of The TDC device was a breakthrough, but the end of this experiment was even more hectic -> Please read my quotation from Robin Foy's book "Witnessing the Impossible" ; ( ISBN 978-0-9560651-0-0), where he recorded every single session and event since the beginning of this experiment.

The last days of The Scole Experiment.pdf

Thanks for posting the two documents, and your comments. Today have had no time to get to the PC for any length of time, and tomorrow is a busy day in town for me, so it might be two days before I can devote some time for reading and responding.

In regards parallels, sometimes there are common threads that run through the technology used by different researchers across various fields of subtle energy research. Its a matter of spotting this, and pondering what this means in terms of the possible theory of operation of the principle(s) in action.  In this instance, I mentioned that coils and amplifiers do appear (as pairs) in differing experimental situations, so it is plausible that there is a possible paranormal receiving sensitivity associated with these devices as a combined unit, and also individually, as these are usually connected in series, either element may be psycho-kinetically active.  Hope this helps.

JEFF

• iDigitalMedium Research Team

Referring to the statement that the TDC was a gizmo for the spirits I can say that in our work here we noticed that the kind of technology we are using in our experiments isn't the major factor of success. A that techniques bring up the same quality of results in average. However there are situations when a device suddenly produces exceptional results but this can happen with every device in ever technique. The conclusion is that the device isn't the crucial factor. This might be the grade of spiritual evolvement of the experimenter or even more a group of them. I think we are much more than the users of a device.

Yes, I agree Andres.

Using what I would call a primitive device as the Scole unit, amazing results can happen if the spiritual evolvement of the members is high, and additionally the synergistic effect where results obtained can be more than the sum of the people's skills.  The high level or formative energy present could create spontaneous generation of message containing emf activity within the Germanium's inner structure, that was usually not possible by a single individual operator.

I would therefore say that if you are serious in building this unit, attention will need to be given to how you intend to use it, considering the above, as it may not provide results in the hands of a single operator.

The other angle on this (I have to say) is that amazing results can sometimes be the result of deception.

JEFF 

Edited by Dr Jeffers

Some comments before I head into town this morning...

When I say primitive, I'm speaking of the simplicity of the device, and that is it is passive (not provided with electrical stimulus).  This essentially means that for any psychoactive operation, the device needs to reach a threshold of activity so it can become a transducer. This, as I said previously, is possibly due to the high amount of formative energy available by the multiple people attending. In the case of the germanium chip, adding a dc bias to it (as Andres has experimented with) lifts it to the class of a powered device, and hence would already be at a pre-active threshold level, and therefore would need less formative energy to act as a transducer. It hence would be more likely work when used by a single person. Most ITC devices are powered in essence, so usually produce results for a single operator. The coal dust detector I mentioned, is a powered device.

I had  chance to read some of the Scole material you posted, and my initial impression is that the germanium chip is the active principle (if the whole phenomena is genuine), and that the coils perform some other unknown function - perhaps as some form of regeneration that adds gain to the psychokinetic process in hand.

JEFF

Edited by Dr Jeffers

Yes, I think you are right. The principle is probably exactly the same than when working with  Ouja boards. People  (like me) who have tried Ouja boards only alone, very probably fail. According to the instructions of use of this device, at least two people (best of all male and female) should attend. More people create even more psychophysical energy ( in hindu - and buddhist tradition that is called  "prana") - and the results are better.  These energy fields are verifiable in Kirlian photographs or using a video signal. In all Scole sessions minimum four people were sitting together. Maybe this is one factor which effects on the function of the TDC device in some paranormal  way ?

Yes, the more people, the more formative energy available to bring about an effect. As I said, as the device does not have electrical stimulus, so it would need more energetic input than a powered device would.

Do you have some people that have mediumistic skills, who can regularly sit with the device - if you build it?

I have read the material, and it does have quite a bit of detail in it. Do you have the diagrams mentioned in the pdf you included previously called "InstructionsfromTheScoleGroup". I am referring to figures 2 and 3 mentioned on pages 120 and 124. Are there other diagrams from these texts that may be useful? Can you post these please?

JEFF

2 hours ago, Dr Jeffers said:

Yes, the more people, the more formative energy available to bring about an effect. As I said, as the device does not have electrical stimulus, so it would need more energetic input than a powered device would.

Do you have some people that have mediumistic skills, who can regularly sit with the device - if you build it?

I have read the material, and it does have quite a bit of detail in it. Do you have the diagrams mentioned in the pdf you included previously called "InstructionsfromTheScoleGroup". I am referring to figures 2 and 3 mentioned on pages 120 and 124. Are there other diagrams from these texts that may be useful? Can you post these please?

JEFF

Hi Jeff,

I need to check and investigate that. I will post the result later and come back to you.

2 hours ago, Dr Jeffers said:

JEFF

On 3/9/2021 at 4:39 AM, Dr Jeffers said:

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this information. Yes, the stressing of such materials as Germanium can induce it to emit 1/f noise as described. This can be by direct physical pressure, or by electrical pressure (or both) as Andres has explained. The characteristic of the noise is often spikey, and this type of noise can contain embedded information once it is processed. Other devices such as the coal dust detector (a type of coherer) uses electrical stressing of a vial of carbon granules, and it can produce primitive voice artifacts.

Maybe to look at what the device isn't may be of advantage..
Well, its not a crystal set. The iron cored coils would preclude any sensitivity to normal radio frequencies. The coils would however respond to low frequency em fields. The germanium in its lightly connected  / lightly pressured situation is probably not operating as a noise source by itself as its not receiving sufficient stimulation, but if it did produce noise, the coils would not shunt this if they were of sufficient inductance.

It is important to keep in mind that these devices as such may not always be creating voice content, but only serve as sound sources, and paranormal conversion into voice content may happen in the amplifier or subsequent devices connected to it. I have first hand experience that this can occur.

JEFF

Thank you very much for this detailed information which is probably not available anywhere else. I need to contemplate that.

• 2 weeks later...

I built one of these from a Scientific American article when I was 9 years old (I am now 60 for reference) It only consisted of a inductor, a capacitor , and a diode...in other words, A CRYSTAL RADIO!

It was a wonderful wide-band receiver, picking up radio stations like CRAZY!

This is why I stay away from anything that uses a crystal diode, and relies on over the air reception.

Hi,

Yes I built one at primary school too. Much the same design as you used I guess. I used a cardboard tube to wind the coil on, and the detector was a piece of coke (amorphous form of carbon) and a stainless steel needle. Used about 10 metres of insulated wire as an antenna. Was very difficult to get the right contact on the coke, but when achieved, did get stations coming in - and it was exciting. I later obtained a germanium diode to replace the coke and needle, and oh boy, what an improvement.

I'd have to say that the Germanium receptor isnt a crystal set per se, as it has some crucial differences which prevent it from functioning as a radio receiver. Firstly, the coils are iron cored and of high inductance, and in the configuration they are connected in opposition to each other, so effectively any voltage generated by the coils is cancelled out due to this opposition. Secondly, if this isnt enough, the device has no external antenna, so is even less able to generate any rectified voltage. The receptor principle I believe, is one of spontaneous generation of audio frequencies, not any act of rectification by the germanium. This is theorized to occur due to the high level of psychic formative energy available at the seance sessions, where the germanium was imbued with these energies, and is able to generate emfs directly from its crystalline structure.

JEFF

Hi CanadaKim and thank you very much for your comments!

Nice to meet people in the same age group +/- ( I am 67 ) 🙂.  Axctually I try to  build - together with a radio -and electrical engineer, here in Finlad , just an exact copy of the device nominated "The Germaniun (TDC) receptor".  Recently we had a long lasting conversation on Varanormal web site related to this topic, as you can see. It seems,  that more sophisticated and more modern devices are in the focus at the moment  and people's intertests are scattered concerning different methods used in ITC and EVP research, which is really good. Dt Jeffers and Andres Ramos have helped me markedly in my strivings to develop a working device.

I am still interested in experimenting with the TDC receptor because (1) At the moment nobody knows exactly how it works. Regardless of that it is possibly functioning "in right hands" ? (2) Dr. Jeffers thinks ( please see his comments before, which I fully agree) that "the germanium chip is the active principle (if the whole phenomena is genuine), and that the coils perform some other unknown function - perhaps as some form of regeneration that adds gain to the psychokinetic process in hand.  Also another important aspect of the energy is that it is not electromagnetic in nature, so cannot be shielded, so it is primarily not a radio wave, as messages have been heard in highly shielded environments. Also, it is not primarily acoustic, as messages can be received by using an electrical sound source directly connected to a voice recorder, so no accoustic entry point is possible. This means the method of communication is more of a subtle energy nature, more akin to gravitation. My preference is to label it as biogravitational or bioplasmic in form. Researchers in psi phenomena use these titles to describe the forces at work in psychokinesis, telepathy, etc. (3) I think The Scole Expreriment was a breakthrough in the history of Spiritism and physical mediumship and  there is no reason to assume that it was a hoax or  that the phenomena were not genuine ( the experiment was witnessed by several prominent scientists and SPR members) (4) Maybe the results obtained using the germanium receptor were dependent also on the members of the Scole group and the support of their "spirit team" - not the device in itself.  (5) Because the the germanium receptor considerably improved the communication, I plan to experiment with that with different setups and strictly follow the guidelines given. Please check our web site: Audio-Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) -> TOPIC: The Germanium Receptor Model -> My (GISMO5367) Message 8.3.2021 + Attaced PDF document  "Instructions from the Scole Group" -> And there: "... Then he (Professor Ellison) realised he was reinventing the crystal detector from the early days of radio and designing a rectifier , which allows the current to pass in only one direction. He asked the communicator (non-human transdimensional being) whether a modern, more reliable silicon diode  would be better. The (spirit) team informed him that the device was not to be used as a diode and should be made exactly as described.

All new ideas, support and comments are welcome !

(GISMO5367)

Here are a couple of documents I found in my archives. One is a compilation I created from online notes I read. They relate to research into "rock electricity", and as this phenomena is close to the theoretical operation of the scole device, I thought Id post them. Yes, could be considered fringe science, but I think the core principles have merit.

JEFF

ELECTRICAL SELF-POTENTIAL IN ROCKS.PDF Townsend Brown notes.pdf

Thank you Jeff once again for interesting and thought -provoking information. I appreciate your professional skills when sharing information and practical experiences. Related to our correspondence  and your  previous post, please give me an answer to the following questions: Which kind of "device" you would recommend at the moment ( based on your 40 years' experience) for novice Varanormal members, if they plan to build one by themselves. Operating conditions of this device should fulfil the following criteria: (1) The device should be operational also for solo users in order to produce enough energy ( no team required) and for EVP only (that is enough) (2) The device should work like a crystal radio (without electricity, radio signal and any other self made energy source) (3) The goal is to get that level of EVP-messages you and Andres Ramos and some other Varanormal members have been able to produce in their last message attachmets. I think these questions are really useful in order to avoid vasting our time, energy and molney for useless and doomed efforts. (4) Has anybody -as far as you know - built a working Germaniun (TDC) receptor since the termination of The Scole Experiment and how are the results ? If you have a recommendation for a specific  device, please kindly provide also its circuit diagram and other specifications ( if the device is something different you have already presented on Varanormal web site ).

GISMO5367

Yes, there are rocks that generate electricity. The 2 that I can think of, on the top of my head are Piezo Electric, and Germanium.

I see a lot of elements of a Coherer Receivers, and Crystal diode receivers in Dr. Jeffers work, but I dont want him to stop his work in any way, as I will be fascinated as always by any work in this field. As per usual, I do want to caution anyone working with crystal diodes and coils, that even without an antenna, these 2 elements often become a powerful broadband receiver, that can be corrupted by Radio Stations.

Even without an antenna, this can happen

This is why I specifically work on shielded circuits, that cannot be corr

17 hours ago, Dr Jeffers said:

Hi,

I'd have to say that the Germanium receptor isnt a crystal set per se, as it has some crucial differences which prevent it from functioning as a radio receiver. Firstly, the coils are iron cored and of high inductance, and in the configuration they are connected in opposition to each other, so effectively any voltage generated by the coils is cancelled out due to this opposition. Secondly, if this isnt enough, the device has no external antenna, so is even less able to generate any rectified voltage. The receptor principle I believe, is one of spontaneous generation of audio frequencies, not any act of rectification by the germanium. This is theorized to occur due to the high level of psychic formative energy available at the seance sessions, where the germanium was imbued with these energies, and is able to generate emfs directly from its crystalline structure.

JEFF

I have to say that I believe that, even with  the high inductance coils, and no antenna, this device will still be  able to receive broadcast stations, and for proper use, would have to be physically shielded within a metal case, and all connection wires would have to be shielded as well.

Probably in the years that this was developed, and originally used, broadcast stations were not a threat as they are today.

Again, this is only my belief, and I do not wish to hamper any work that you are doing with this. Please continue, as I will be fascinated to see your results.