Hi eveybody! My question is: How to build this (original) TDC device used in The Scole Experiment  (Detailed and meticulous instructions including all electronic components - especially the coils -, their parameters, dimensions and distances from each others, code numbers and availability in case they are for sale or parts of some antique crystal radios) ? Copy of the image representing this original model is uploaded below:

https://content.invisioncic.com/n303486/monthly_2021_03/GR-Scole.png.2262076167037a796514da32c3fe66e1.png

https://robinsphysicalphenomena.webs.com/thetdcdevice.htm

Cheers, GISMO5367

1. https://content.invisioncic.com/n303486/monthly_2021_03/JTK.thumb.jpg.e761530d732957b54c2b14e7a16055b5.jpg

GISMO5367

This image above has been copied from the Internet, and I am not sure how the original version of the TDC-device they used in the Scole Experiment lookes like?  Maybe that image represents just the original version of the device?  I don't have first-hand information and I have had difficulties reaching Robin Foy and other people in the Scole group who are involved. If we build a replica of The Germanium Receptor -  according to my opinion - everything matters: Placement of the coils, their size, resistance, amplifier, conversion of the signal from analog to digital format (if this is possible)   etc.  My plan is  to build a replica of  the TDC device following the "instructions" as carefully and meticulously and I hope to find relevant, accurate and true information for that ( not suppositions). Modern technologies are also under construction, but as far as I know, those technologies  help mainly in signal processing and filtering  ( not improving the quality of the original signal).  Please see:  

https://transkommunikation.ch/dateien/germanium_receptor_v2/

I had the same problems especially because I did not understand the function of the coils. But I made some experiments with a piece of pure germanium from Ebay. When I was routing a small current through the screw and the GE it generated pink noise. I got a mix of croaky voices jumping out of an agile noise signal full of cracks, bursts and spikes. Intelligibility of the voices was rather bad.

Hi Dr. Jeffers and Andres! Thank you when responding!

Salvatore Rizzo in his email to me (2/2021) wrote:

Concerning the Germanium Receptor and the experiments of the SCOLE group, I have not read very much on the internet. In particular, I would have been very interested in the technical part of the device arrangement, but you don't find much. Except that the Receptor and the structure of it were transmitted by entities. But I am very skeptical if any "mediums" are involved.

I have therefore built two such germanium receptors. The first version was a test (this one with the wooden frame). In the middle of the device is a germanium plate. The electrical connection to the preamplifier goes through the relay coils and is made by the long, pointed screw.

Actually, this is a "primitive", simple microphone system. The fascinating thing is, when I had everything assembled and the system connected to a preamplifier, I could receive very loud "pops" depending on how hard (or weak) the metal tip of the screw was pressed on the germanium plate. A strong hissing noise was also audible. The crackling then stabilized with time. Less loud noise was received and suddenly, without anything being changed, the crackling and noise increased and I could hear speech-like sounds.

In addition, I built in four different germanium diodes in an aluminum case. These diodes are mounted in a plastic tube and between them are two Neodyn magnets with opposite polarity. In the middle of the tube, where the diode and the magnets are clamped, a "communication bubble" could possibly develop. In the attachment you can find some pictures of the germanium chamber. Unfortunately, I couldn't do many experiments yet due to lack of time, but the few tests I did were promising. You can hear many voices, unfortunately not well understandable. They interact and address me by my first name many times.

Please also check the following links:

http://www.transkommunikation.ch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg2ICMyrECE

It seems that "the entities - whatever they are - create the contct ! Thus, it might be wise to accept the "hypothesis" that we might be  fully dependent on "the spirit team(s)" in our strivings to built the contact. How to develop this kind of friendship and co-operation is not yet clear for me . For example, how this happened in The Scole Experiment, please read the attached PDF-document < Instructions from the scole group>( Grant & Jane Solomon: The Scole Experiment; ISBN: 0-7499-2032-7 / pages 117-128). Although this "story" sounds unreal - like in fairytales or science fiction - it might also be true, witnessed by prominent scientists and members of SPR and thus a portal to the parallel worlds.  Anabela Cardoso highlights this principle also in her book Electronic voices - Contact with Another Dimension (ISBN: 978 1 84694 368 )

Instructions from The Scole Group.pdf

Hi Jeff and Andres,

Thank you for the link to your old forum. There is a lot of first hand information how to build a TDC device. But as i can understand,  the final results  were not satisfactory and convining. When building more sophisticated devices (like Salvatore Rizzo's Germanium receptor V2),  the original signal is still unsatisfactory without any real communication ( at the moment) and the result is the same...

These your comments above would clarify the mystery of the voices even more:

" ...I did not understand the function of the coils... "  <->  [It is our of our comprehension]

"...these devices as such may not always be creating voice content, but only serve as sound sources, and paranormal conversion into voice content may happen in the amplifier or subsequent devices connected to it..."

Wen being absolutely honest, it looks for me that the The Germanium receptor might be like some kind of "gismo" or "favourite subject" for the spirit entities - if they exist - in order to fool us or play with us or alternatively  demonstrate something very important to the mankind. Maybe the germanium receptor  itself  it is not  the central area, where the voices are produced.  If  interdimensional beings are able to produce direct voice and pictures, text and drawings on plain photography  film in full darkness (what happened  during the Scole sessions) - for sure they are also competent to communicate with us without any problems and devices. When reading The Scole Report, do you believe on it or not ? Is it a breakthrough in the history of physical mediumship or a big hoax? If you think it is not a hoax, where are the tricks and  how would you guide people who are searching the truth  ( -> the philosophy of logical analysis, developing sophisticated electronic devices, studying our own cryptoconscious / subconscious  mind  or  concentrating on alien encounters and parallel worlds in order to confront them some day etc...)

GISMO5367

Hi Jeff,

Those  two links you posted above (yesterday 10:12 PM local time) I have seen previously in The Internet, but the attached PDF dociument (Edison TDC)  is really interesting. As we know , according to the legend -before Edison died, he tried to develop "a chost machine" -the same thing that we are trying to do just now. But he didn't succeed ( or did he ?) <-> I collected some information from the internet (please see the attached file). 

I quoted an email from Salvatore Rizzo only because I didn't know anyone else how is nowadays developing a more sophisticated "Germaniun receptor /TDC model"  based on the idea of the original device. Actually, I don't know Salvatore very well. I learnt to know him only in the beginning of this year. Moreover, I am not very familiar with electronics and signal processing. During my army service I participated the basic mandatory lessons related to electrical engineering. The rest of the service I spent on the radar screen during those long nights when being on-call there and trying to locate aeroplanes and differentiate them from weather obsertvation balls and other flying objecfts - Unfortunately I did't see any UFOs 🙂. I am more familiar with life sciences including biochemistry, neurochemistry and human consciousness studies. As a hobby and as a method to expand my world view, at the moment  I am mainly interested in astrobiology and physical mediumship.

GISMO5367

EDISON AND THE GHOST MACHINE.docx

I comment your email yesterday 10:23 PM:

- Please open this idea a little bit more (related to the "parallels") : I keep it in mind and look for parallels, and the scole tape recorder method I mentioned perhaps could be genuine, as I know that the use of that exact method at crop circles was indeed genuine. Therefore if this has validity, then the use of coils and amplifier by the scole people may also be valid by association (excluding the germanium).

- The best method for transdimensional communication? -> Do you know any people or groups in our days who are able to show/demonstrate that trandimensional communication and  mutual exchange of ideas and questions with the "spirit -or transdoimensional entities" is possible using instrumental transcommunication? Their support and advice might be  priceless.  I don't trust very much on mental mediumship because it is more "subjective" and   human mind and subconscious forces might create many tricks and hide the truth.  The beginning of The Scole Experiment and the discovey of The TDC device was a breakthrough, but the end of this experiment was even more hectic -> Please read my quotation from Robin Foy's book "Witnessing the Impossible" ; ( ISBN 978-0-9560651-0-0), where he recorded every single session and event since the beginning of this experiment.

The last days of The Scole Experiment.pdf

Referring to the statement that the TDC was a gizmo for the spirits I can say that in our work here we noticed that the kind of technology we are using in our experiments isn't the major factor of success. A that techniques bring up the same quality of results in average. However there are situations when a device suddenly produces exceptional results but this can happen with every device in ever technique. The conclusion is that the device isn't the crucial factor. This might be the grade of spiritual evolvement of the experimenter or even more a group of them. I think we are much more than the users of a device.

Yes, I think you are right. The principle is probably exactly the same than when working with  Ouja boards. People  (like me) who have tried Ouja boards only alone, very probably fail. According to the instructions of use of this device, at least two people (best of all male and female) should attend. More people create even more psychophysical energy ( in hindu - and buddhist tradition that is called  "prana") - and the results are better.  These energy fields are verifiable in Kirlian photographs or using a video signal. In all Scole sessions minimum four people were sitting together. Maybe this is one factor which effects on the function of the TDC device in some paranormal  way ?

• 2 weeks later...

I built one of these from a Scientific American article when I was 9 years old (I am now 60 for reference) It only consisted of a inductor, a capacitor , and a diode...in other words, A CRYSTAL RADIO!

It was a wonderful wide-band receiver, picking up radio stations like CRAZY!

This is why I stay away from anything that uses a crystal diode, and relies on over the air reception.

Hi CanadaKim and thank you very much for your comments!

Nice to meet people in the same age group +/- ( I am 67 ) 🙂.  Axctually I try to  build - together with a radio -and electrical engineer, here in Finlad , just an exact copy of the device nominated "The Germaniun (TDC) receptor".  Recently we had a long lasting conversation on Varanormal web site related to this topic, as you can see. It seems,  that more sophisticated and more modern devices are in the focus at the moment  and people's intertests are scattered concerning different methods used in ITC and EVP research, which is really good. Dt Jeffers and Andres Ramos have helped me markedly in my strivings to develop a working device.

I am still interested in experimenting with the TDC receptor because (1) At the moment nobody knows exactly how it works. Regardless of that it is possibly functioning "in right hands" ? (2) Dr. Jeffers thinks ( please see his comments before, which I fully agree). (3) I think The Scole Expreriment was a breakthrough in the history of Spiritism and physical mediumship and  there is no reason to assume that it was a hoax or  that the phenomena were not genuine ( the experiment was witnessed by several prominent scientists and SPR members) (4) Maybe the results obtained using the germanium receptor were dependent also on the members of the Scole group and the support of their "spirit team" - not the device in itself.  (5) Because the the germanium receptor considerably improved the communication, I plan to experiment with that with different setups and strictly follow the guidelines given. Please check our web site: Audio-Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) -> TOPIC: The Germanium Receptor Model -> My (GISMO5367) Message 8.3.2021 + Attaced PDF document  "Instructions from the Scole Group" -> And there: "... Then he (Professor Ellison) realised he was reinventing the crystal detector from the early days of radio and designing a rectifier , which allows the current to pass in only one direction. He asked the communicator (non-human transdimensional being) whether a modern, more reliable silicon diode  would be better. The (spirit) team informed him that the device was not to be used as a diode and should be made exactly as described.

All new ideas, support and comments are welcome !

(GISMO5367)

Thank you Jeff once again for interesting and thought -provoking information. I appreciate your professional skills when sharing information and practical experiences. Related to our correspondence  and your  previous post, please give me an answer to the following questions: Which kind of "device" you would recommend at the moment ( based on your 40 years' experience) for novice Varanormal members, if they plan to build one by themselves. Operating conditions of this device should fulfil the following criteria: (1) The device should be operational also for solo users in order to produce enough energy ( no team required) and for EVP only (that is enough) (2) The device should work like a crystal radio (without electricity, radio signal and any other self made energy source) (3) The goal is to get that level of EVP-messages you and Andres Ramos and some other Varanormal members have been able to produce in their last message attachmets. I think these questions are really useful in order to avoid vasting our time, energy and molney for useless and doomed efforts. (4) Has anybody -as far as you know - built a working Germaniun (TDC) receptor since the termination of The Scole Experiment and how are the results ? If you have a recommendation for a specific  device, please kindly provide also its circuit diagram and other specifications ( if the device is something different you have already presented on Varanormal web site ).

GISMO5367

Yes, there are rocks that generate electricity. The 2 that I can think of, on the top of my head are Piezo Electric, and Germanium.

I see a lot of elements of a Coherer Receivers, and Crystal diode receivers in Dr. Jeffers work, but I dont want him to stop his work in any way, as I will be fascinated as always by any work in this field. As per usual, I do want to caution anyone working with crystal diodes and coils, that even without an antenna, these 2 elements often become a powerful broadband receiver, that can be corrupted by Radio Stations.

Even without an antenna, this can happen

This is why I specifically work on shielded circuits, that cannot be corr

I have to say that I believe that, even with  the high inductance coils, and no antenna, this device will still be  able to receive broadcast stations, and for proper use, would have to be physically shielded within a metal case, and all connection wires would have to be shielded as well.

Probably in the years that this was developed, and originally used, broadcast stations were not a threat as they are today.

Again, this is only my belief, and I do not wish to hamper any work that you are doing with this. Please continue, as I will be fascinated to see your results.

Hi, KanadaKim,

I agree what you are saying about piezoelectricity and germanium. These might be the basic  building blocks of the receptor accompanied with those energies which are linked with us and ”the spirit team (or entities from the other dimensions).

Outside the theory of normal western science, but  according to the occult lore and spiritism, The universal Law of Attraction states, that like energy attracts like energy. Because the beings in the spiritual realm will not lower their vibration, we must raise ours to connect with them. The more we stay in a higher, lighter, clearer vibration, the more we will connect with the spiritual realm.

The most effective method to realize that, is selfless love and compassion which are our  fundamental  positive motivating forces. This state of mind certainly also effects on our vibration level and communication with the interdimensional benevolent beings in a very positive way-  as Dr Jeffer and Andres Ramos also explained in their previous messages on the forum.

It seems that piezoelectricity is linked with vibrational energiers. Piezoelectricity probably also works in The Germanium (T.D.C. Receptor ) and energy created in this way is the result of pressure and heat.   Pressure is implemented using a screw.

Very probably the theory is much more complicated and I don't understand all the details - even if it is part of the traditional science some day. These ideas only came into my mind and I decided to share them.

The following three articles are interesting:

1.  A Review of Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Based on Vibration. Heung Soo Kim et al.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/257786789_A_Review_of_Piezoelectric_Energy_Harvesting_Based_on_Vibration 

-> The energy density of piezoelectric devices is 3-5 times higher than electrostatic and electromagnetic devices (Fig. 1)

2.  Exploring Piezoelectric for Sound Wave as Energy Harvester

Heung Soo Kim et al.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317309746_Exploring_Piezoelectric_for_Sound_Wave_as_Energy_Harvester

3.   Dramatic Changes in Thermoelectric Power of Germanium under Pressure: Printing n–p Junctions by Applied Stress. Korobeinikov I.V. et al. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep44220

But the question concernig the optimal device for EVP transmission for novices is still open. If it is germanium receptor, the question about shielded circuits arises. How to realize that as far as external wires and cables are concerned ?

GISMO5367

Thank you Jeff. It would be great if you could give me your suggestions for the improvement of the original germanium receptor including shielding and other specifications. The only information I can give at the moment to my co-worker ( an electrical and radio engineer here in Finland) concerning The germanium (T.D.C device) is: (1) The circuit diagram, (2) drawing (figure) representing the device itself and rough location of different components in relation to each others, ( taken from  G & J Solomon's book) (3)  original color photograph of the device ( taken during a Scole seance/sitting <-> This is a clip from a YouTube video where the germanium receptor is directly connected to the voice recorder.  (4)  instructions how to build the device (from Solomon's book and Robin Foy's diary / book where  all the sittings are recorded).

Every kind of suggestions and corrections how to build the device are welcome. I think, especially  the exact dimensions of the core components are important (= how far from each others and where the coils and the receptor itself (germanium chip and the screw) are located in the whole construction. Also the specifications of each single component ( size and resistance of the coils, quality and material of the wires, screw pressure, your suggestions for shielding, type and specifications of the amplifier etc...). One thing also came into my mind: In Varanormal community we have people who are using trance mediums and seances for communication -> If you have contacts to them, I think - if they dont mind - kindly forward the following question to the medium: " The germanium receptor was working amazingly well in the Scole Experiment. Thereafter some/many  people have tried to make a copy of that but have repeatedly failed. What is the reason for that and how should we now modify the receptor  or change our own bahaviour  /state of the mid / emotional atmosphere / personal or group energy in order to improve communication between us and the spirit world ?"

GISMO5367

OK Jeff . No repudiation from my side at all.  Yor advice and reasoning above is warmly welcome and helped me to understand how the EVP works. These questions and setups are really difficult and challenging.  My basic idea was only to create a working device and  functional platform for EVP studies for myself and possibly also for those other people who are not experts on this area. I also need to collect more information related to electronics,  signal processing and many other technical things in order to proceed in my own studies and make my own conclusions about this topic.  

Very  careful and thorough experiment Jeff. I fully agree that the risk picking radio stations in this setup is almost zero. As I can remember, that original germanium receptor was not shielded although it seems to be inside a transparent plastic box for some reason. I don't want to bother you with stupid questions, but before building a new copy of The Germanium receptor even minor specifications related to the device are important. 

An image representing that basic model of germanium receptor  Salvatore Rizzo has created is presented  on his web site

Germanium Receptor V2 (transkommunikation.ch)

and is copied below. In one of his emails (2/2021) to me  Salvatore states: 

I have therefore built two such germanium receptors. The first version was a test (this one with the wooden frame). In the middle of the device is a germanium plate. The electrical connection to the preamplifier goes through the relay coils and is made by the long, pointed screw.

Actually, this is a "primitive", simple microphone system. The fascinating thing is, when I had everything assembled and the system connected to a preamplifier, I could receive very loud "pops" depending on how hard (or weak) the metal tip of the screw was pressed on the germanium plate. A strong hissing noise was also audible. The crackling then stabilized with time. Less loud noise was received and suddenly, without anything being changed, the crackling and noise increased and I could hear speech-like sounds.

I have to say that I always do my recordings with the PC and then filter the recording with special filtering software. The fantastic thing is that many voices overlap at the same time and many of these voices are only audible when the recording is slowed down by a factor between 350% and 800% after filtering. Even if suddenly loud "pops" occur, voices are audible again after filtering and slowing down. I was also able to achieve similar results with other, ferrous stones. It is important that the stone surface can conduct electricity.

After several experiments I wanted to go further and built the Germanium-Receptor V2.0. This unit works roughly on the same principle as the V1.0 version, but I added the following:

- Integrated balanced amplifier

- DSP audio filter

- 5-band audio equalizer

- Variable ring modulator

- Adjustable voltage source up to 200V to set the diode bias voltage

In addition, I built in four different germanium diodes in an aluminum case. These diodes are mounted in a plastic tube and between them are two Neodyn magnets with opposite polarity. In the middle of the tube, where the diode and the magnets are clamped, a "communication bubble" could possibly develop. In the attachment you can find some pictures of the germanium chamber. Unfortunately, I couldn't do many experiments yet due to lack of time, but the few tests I did were promising. You can hear many voices, unfortunately not well understandable. They interact and address me by my first name many times.

I hope Jeff this gives some additional information to the whole scenario. I have not been in contact with Salvatore since this email (2/2021) at all, but it seems that he has got the germanium receptor working in some way although the communication has not been very good or interactive ?

Jeff, I comment your message sent half an hour ago: You have very carefully went through all the specifications related to The original Germanium Receptor and I think now we have all the necessary building blocks ready in order to build a copy. I make a list of all the details and present that to that electrical and radio engineer I already contacted last week. We try to build a new copy and I will inform you later about the results. This might take some time but I will realize this project as soon as possibly. If you have any additional comments and ideas related to that, I will quote and use them them during the manufacturing process.

GISMO5367

image.png.6e78dbffea245d072a68bdb72ab69ead.png

Edited by GISMO5367
link corrrected

Do you think you could find out about the amplifier used with the scole unit - in light of what I mentioned about it functioning without the receptor unit being connected?

>>> I will read the original documents available concerning The Scole Experiment itself (especially Robin Foys records concerning the sessions  and Solomons’ book) or use Google or some other search engine.  I have most of the books related to Scole material  in my library.  I will respond later.

Hi Jeff,

With reference to the amplifier question (above), please check the link: 

Trans-Dimensional Communication Experiments (thescoleexperiment.com)

-> attached file "AMPLIFIER AND GERMANIUM RECEPTOR"

There is also an original photograph representing that germanium receptor which was used in The Scole experiment. It gives some direct information how the coils and cabels are placed in this (working) version.

I am later waiting some feedback and additional information from you after meeting Salvi

GISMO5367

AMPLIFIER AND GERMANIUM RECEPTOR.docx

Hi Jeff and other Varanormal members who are interested,

Finally I yesterday ordered / purchased  two of the following items from USA:

POTTER & BRUMFIELD LM5 RELAY * NEW NO BOX * | eBay

They are actually vintage but unused 5000 ohm relays (see attached images).  There is a coil inside and i think I get access to that after dismantling the relay. According to my opinion,  these coils are very near to that model which was used in the original germanium receptor. It was very difficult to find out similar 5000 ohm separate coils from The Internet.

I also checked the following video from YouTube and discovered that type of tape recorded they used in the Scole Experiment - directly connected to the germanium receptor (see the attached image):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQvQ_WTtdHk

When going through the literature  related to the germanium receptor and how to use that, I noticed,   that the team ( Robin Foy and his colleaques) used clear quartz crystals  placed at the cardinal points of the compass (NSEW) on the table near the germanium receptor (according to the instructions of "the spirit scientists") . These crystals appeared  to have a specifc function and importance thinking the transmission of the messages. I asked that yesterday  by email from Jane Solomon and She confimed this additional information.

At the moment I also have Robin Foy's up to date email address in case  we need to ask him something about the specifications of the equipments. I also took some "capture images" from Salvi's Germanium receptor (basic model) where all the details are clearly visible. I hope this information helps in our strivings to build a working device. All additional suggestions and expert opinions are warmly welcome !

Panasonic-Taperecorder-1.jpg

5000 ohm relay-2.jpg

5000 ohm relay.jpg

Thank you very much Jeff for those photographs representing Salvi's receptor and the other attachment! Unfortunately, I have been busy at work ("bread and butter job" ) the whole day but during the weekend I try to get an answer to those questions you mentioned in your last message and write to Robin Foy. I also have one unanswered question related to my "gismo": "The screw in the germanium receptor - made of which material ? ( stainless steel or Iron ?). As far as I can remember different iron alloys have different electrical conductivity and this might matter. In the original model of the germanium receptor the screw looks rusty and very probably  it is  a normal old iron screw ?

Tape recorder: I have almost an unused old professional Sony Walkman c-casette player,  but for some reason its traction mechanism was broken and is now under repair. Unfortunately, this casette player needs an extra amplifier / speaker. What is your opinion ? If the casette player has an output line (as mine has), do I meet problems when using that + a separate speaker (or earphones)  for output [ trying to record electronic voices from The Germanium receptor directly connectd to the casette player (input)] ? What if I connect the germanium receptor directly to my digital audio recorder ( I have Zoom H4nPro handy recorder for my studies and this device also converts analog audio signal to digital automatically). Maybe these my questioning is incorrectly set, because the EVP-messages are transmitteed in some magical way we don't know yet-. - I can ask Robin Foy these questions,  if I am able to reach him but Varanormal members' opinions are also  highly appreciated. I tried to find out (using google images search) that Pansonic tape recorder model you can see in my previous message (capture image from a video / above). It seems that this model is still for sale and not very difficult to purchase.

GISMO5367

Thank you Jeff and Andres for your valuable feedback . I also try to gather more information related to the setup the Scole group used when the germanium receptor was operating and producing voices and information ( Germanium receptor - amplifier - tape recorder connections).  Please see attached pages copied from Solomons'  and Robin Foy's books. ( AMPLIFIER-1 is from Solomons'  book and AMPLIFIER-2 from Robin Foy's diary)  When contacting Jane Solomon, I heard,  that she and her husband Grant never joined Scole sessions. Thus, first hand information is available only in the scientific report concerning The Scole Experiment -> https://www.amazon.com/Scole-Report-Montague-Keen/dp/1908421002 <-  as well as in Robin Foy's book (diary) "Witnessing the impossible" !

GISMO5367

AMPLIFIER-1.pdf AMPLIFIER-2.pdf

On 3/31/2021 at 6:23 AM, GISMO5367 said:

Thank you Jeff. It would be great if you could give me your suggestions for the improvement of the original germanium receptor including shielding and other specifications. The only information I can give at the moment to my co-worker ( an electrical and radio engineer here in Finland) concerning The germanium (T.D.C device) is: (1) The circuit diagram, (2) drawing (figure) representing the device itself and rough location of different components in relation to each others, ( taken from  G & J Solomon's book) (3)  original color photograph of the device ( taken during a Scole seance/sitting <-> This is a clip from a YouTube video where the germanium receptor is directly connected to the voice recorder.  (4)  instructions how to build the device (from Solomon's book and Robin Foy's diary / book where  all the sittings are recorded).

Every kind of suggestions and corrections how to build the device are welcome. I think, especially  the exact dimensions of the core components are important (= how far from each others and where the coils and the receptor itself (germanium chip and the screw) are located in the whole construction. Also the specifications of each single component ( size and resistance of the coils, quality and material of the wires, screw pressure, your suggestions for shielding, type and specifications of the amplifier etc...). One thing also came into my mind: In Varanormal community we have people who are using trance mediums and seances for communication -> If you have contacts to them, I think - if they dont mind - kindly forward the following question to the medium: " The germanium receptor was working amazingly well in the Scole Experiment. Thereafter some/many  people have tried to make a copy of that but have repeatedly failed. What is the reason for that and how should we now modify the receptor  or change our own bahaviour  /state of the mid / emotional atmosphere / personal or group energy in order to improve communication between us and the spirit world ?"

GISMO5367

One thing that Andres Ramos (God of EVP) has taught me is that there are NO hard and fast rules in regards to EVP. Parts placement and exact location of Components in relation to each other does not seem important. Winding of coils would seem to be the only really exacting part of the circuit....but as you may have found out, early descriptions of such things are aggravatingly lacking. I think failure of such devices is not because of construction of circuitry, but failure of the people running it, as well as failure to perceive the voices. Good solid construction techniques, shielded cables within the boxes, and as interconnection cables is an absolute must.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:36 AM, GISMO5367 said:

Hi Jeff and other Varanormal members who are interested,

Finally I yesterday ordered / purchased  two of the following items from USA:

POTTER & BRUMFIELD LM5 RELAY * NEW NO BOX * | eBay

They are actually vintage but unused 5000 ohm relays (see attached images).  There is a coil inside and i think I get access to that after dismantling the relay. According to my opinion,  these coils are very near to that model which was used in the original germanium receptor. It was very difficult to find out similar 5000 ohm separate coils from The Internet.

I also checked the following video from YouTube and discovered that type of tape recorded they used in the Scole Experiment - directly connected to the germanium receptor (see the attached image):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQvQ_WTtdHk

When going through the literature  related to the germanium receptor and how to use that, I noticed,   that the team ( Robin Foy and his colleaques) used clear quartz crystals  placed at the cardinal points of the compass (NSEW) on the table near the germanium receptor (according to the instructions of "the spirit scientists") . These crystals appeared  to have a specifc function and importance thinking the transmission of the messages. I asked that yesterday  by email from Jane Solomon and She confimed this additional information.

At the moment I also have Robin Foy's up to date email address in case  we need to ask him something about the specifications of the equipments. I also took some "capture images" from Salvi's Germanium receptor (basic model) where all the details are clearly visible. I hope this information helps in our strivings to build a working device. All additional suggestions and expert opinions are warmly welcome !

Panasonic-Taperecorder-1.jpg

5000 ohm relay-2.jpg

5000 ohm relay.jpg

As soon as I saw the coil, I immediately thought "this is a repurposed relay coil". The whole screw onto an object immediately made me thing of Andres Ramos's Coherer unit, altho his unit does not use any form of Diodes that I can think of....ummm, or a coil. His Coherer unit is very easy to build, and has been very positive in its output. I would keep away from using a unshielded cassette recorder, and would use a digital recorder, or the direct input into a computer card.

DO NOT take anything that I have said as indication that you should discontinue your current experimentation, in any way.

26 minutes ago, CanadaKim said:

One thing that Andres Ramos (God of EVP) has taught me is that there are NO hard and fast rules in regards to EVP. Parts placement and exact location of Components in relation to each other does not seem important. Winding of coils would seem to be the only really exacting part of the circuit....but as you may have found out, early descriptions of such things are aggravatingly lacking. I think failure of such devices is not because of construction of circuitry, but failure of the people running it, as well as failure to perceive the voices. Good solid construction techniques, shielded cables within the boxes, and as interconnection cables is an absolute must.

As soon as I saw the coil, I immediately thought "this is a repurposed relay coil". The whole screw onto an object immediately made me thing of Andres Ramos's Coherer unit, altho his unit does not use any form of Diodes that I can think of....ummm, or a coil. His Coherer unit is very easy to build, and has been very positive in its output. I would keep away from using a unshielded cassette recorder, and would use a digital recorder, or the direct input into a computer card.

DO NOT take anything that I have said as indication that you should discontinue your current experimentation, in any way.

>>> I am fully aware that co-operation and communication with spirit entities is full of surprises. Because "they" are (according to my opinion) "intelligent and sentient concentrations of energy" , they don't necessarily submit to our trial arrangements and might be suddenly unpredictable if our attitude or emotions are against their own ethical code or if our principle is not reaonable.  Maybe, this might for their part explain the problem why controlled scientific experiments are so difficult especially in parapsychology and a occult sciences. For example, When I am assembling  the Germanium Receptor (and amplifier - cassette recorder -or whatever else combined with that),  I only try to make an exact copy of the original and repeat the previous experiment, which is a common and recommended method in Western science - in order to eliminate at least some  confounding factors.  If we don't accept this principle, there is no progress in research work and our work is classified as "pseudoscience". I think,  when proceeding in this way we are not underestimating or rejecting any spiritual values. The philosophy of logical analysis has already proved its usefullness when trying to differentiate facts from fantasy and wishful thinking. If this project fails , there is a good reason to try something new and different. However, I have seen that some germanium receptor versions which people have tried to build earlier, have also had obvious deficiencies-  even when thinking " the basic rules of electronics and signal processing"

Otherwise experts have built  many functioning devices on our forum, but the final goal (= interactive communication) has not yet been achieved. I think research work related to the electronic voices is very important, bacause language is our most effective method to transmit "information" which we really need in the existing scenario. When going through for example Robin Foy's "diary" (Witnessing the impossible") I can clearly see that as humans we are quite helpless and fully dependent on the knowledge, co-operation and kindness of the spirit entities in our plans to establish communication <-> I have at the moment a "working hypothesis" that the phenomena which manifested during the Scole Experiment are genuine - only because I have for now any reason to claim that they are fake.

GISMO5367

"Interactive communication" would truly be the pinnacle of all EVP work. I think the closest that we have achieved is with Andres Ramos (God Of EVP), and some direct mentioning of his personal current situations. I do understand that you are attempting to redo existing work exactly, as am attempt to verify the original experiments.

10 minutes ago, CanadaKim said:

"Interactive communication" would truly be the pinnacle of all EVP work. I think the closest that we have achieved is with Andres Ramos (God Of EVP), and some direct mentioning of his personal current situations. I do understand that you are attempting to redo existing work exactly, as am attempt to verify the original experiments.

35 minutes ago, GISMO5367 said:

It would also drag EVP from a Fringe WooWoo Science into somewhat an ACTUAL science. I dont care who does it, or how they do it...I only care when it happens, I get to hear about it, and if Im lucky, participate in it.

I placed ge- diodes in between of strong neodymium magnets with like and opposing fields but it had no effect. I ask myself if the coils in the scole device are really related to ekectromagnetism or if there is something different lurking in the windings we do not know.

Another description from the texts referring to the amplifier is that spirits required a very low battery supply and avoiding ac by all means. Even running anything on ac in the environment of the receiver seems to be a problem. Making an amplifier with let's say 1.5V is abit of a challenge but affordable.

Also the piezo base keeps me busy. It seems to haveno connection electrically and just serving as a fundament. I ask myself if a piezo transducer would do.

The function of the screws was made quite clearly. One pointed and one flat. The latter would make a contact to the piezo transducer and the other end of it to the germanium crystal?

12 hours ago, CanadaKim said:

It would also drag EVP from a Fringe WooWoo Science into somewhat an ACTUAL science. I dont care who does it, or how they do it...I only care when it happens, I get to hear about it, and if Im lucky, participate in it.

The phenomena which manifested during The Scole Experiment were so rare and extraordinary that it doesn't matter in which way they were produced if they were genuine. Of course, as thinking and rational persons, we are very keen to know how all this happened !

GISMO5367

14 hours ago, CanadaKim said:

I am hoping that further work by Andres with Modulated high voltage will cause some sort of opening of a portal. his prior work with high voltage has been quite positive, so maybe amping it up a notch will be positive

By the way the kit from China was delivered some days ago. I just haven't found the time yet to  solder everything together.

• 1 year later...

Thank you Domenic for this  interesting message ! Could you please tell us something  about the technical details of your Germanium receptor (including the amplifier and sealing of the device) + layout (photograph + wiring diagram) and kindly inform us also about the methods / research settings you have used with the device, as well as the results (MP3-audio clips)

GISMO5367

Hi Gismo5367, 

Over the years I have constructed many of these  receptors using different types of crystals (Germanium is the one that should be used, as for coils they also vary 200/4000 ohms, some i have purchased from eBay some I have made myself.

Wiring, I have I have stuck to the original schematic as was used by the Scole group.

The amplification is provided by the  Echo megaloop amp they are used as hearing aids and can be purchased 2nd hand on ebay.

See attached images...

Sadly this week saw the crossing of Mr Robin Foy. 

His legacy shall always be what he and the Scole group achieved during their time together

R.I.P Robin

DSCF3168.JPG

DSCF3159.JPG

I have previously stated that I believe the G.R. is not a tool that lends itself to answering questions.

However I have one recording that I believe my question was answered ( though not as expected).

I requested a Morse response to a question that I had asked, the response sounded like a telephone call  with irregular tones then a voice requests that I speak with him. " Speak to me".

The other files are of interest as these responses were not meant for me, probably technicians conversing with each other. 

Hi to all

I have been following this discussion with interest for along time, and I would like to show appreciation for all the great advice and knowledge you all have shared here.  I do not have much electrical knowledge but have tried to build about 3 of these germanium receptors using crude equipment over the last 2 years. I can agree that the device produces an airy pink noise with spikes and crackles, at times the signal settles and produces speech like sounds. I created mine to fit into a modern dicta phone for recordings.

I used a raw piece of germanium between 2 coils on iron cores, about 1400 turns. Distance between the coils where the germanium is being pressurized has varied in my experiments. I have found a 3 towards 5 centimeter gap is appropriate to produce the airy signal, but cannot confirm as of yet if more or less would produce any different results. The signal can peak at moments and produce loud bangs and static surges which leads me to believe the pressure on the screw is extremely sensitive and finding a happy medium, has been difficult so far.

From experimentation I do believe the operators approach makes a lot of the difference for any communication to occur, the mindset of the operator. If it is piezo electricity related or consciousness related, this may mean any responses heard are only unique to the operator I m thinking, but still uncertain. Sometimes it does sound like something is messing with the frequency but any spoken English words are difficult to hear if it is actually possible for any spirit beings to use it. The device may or may not penetrate different dimensions where intelligent beings dwell, time will tell either way. More experimentation is obviously required. It made me speculate, if indeed intelligent beings can operate this device, maybe they also have to practice with it to create or generate energy from there end so we can begin to hear it, obviously this is speculation. 

I called this device the "Pocket Receptor version 2" (upper image), this is the one I actually experiment with. The bottom image just shows part of the building process. After about 1 year troubleshooting it, I have come up with the following notes , I will share. 

MINI (Pocket) GERMANIUM RECEPTOR

1) make sure the left coil points towards the right , and the right coil points towards the right ( clock wise rotation)

2) looking from bottom after coils are positioned on its base. The left coil , left side wire connects to the pressure screw, the same applies to the right coil, the furthest side of right coil connects to the pressure screw.

3) the right side of left coil connects to the copper plate where the germanium is being pressurized. same applies to right coil, its closest wire from bottom connects to the copper plate in middle near the left coils wire.

4) coax lead to digital recorder, connect one wire (left or right signal) to top screw and other to copper plate. Connect the earth wire to the inside of the base. Mic jack slots straight into the digital recorder. After recording your session transfer the file to the PC for analysis. 

I have nicknamed my device, "The Pocket Receptor V2"

received_391724005711853.jpeg

received_485764176558905.jpeg

received_692857635244082.jpeg

Edited by porTers

It is nice to hear from  people who are still interested in building a TDC-device (Germanium receptor). There were serious plans to do that even before our "Varanormal" web site existed. I am still contemplating two things: the optimal design of this device and "who are the communicators ?. The last question emerged recentlywhen I have  spent more time investigating the theory behind the UFO phenomenon and alien lore. I have learnt, that  when a living creature dies, the essence of this life form is only transitioned to another dimension ( where the aliens also live and move on the interfaces of dimensions). In theory, this "afterlife dimension" might also be the same place where we all live after death. It might be like a hologram or just the flip side of our current existence. EVP and ITC research work has demonstrated, that in this "afterlife" our consciousness survives but the laws in this reality are different than in our earthly life - especially as far as the concepts of "time" and "space" are concerned.

I worked almost one year with the Germanium receptor on this forum and many versions of the TDC-device were developed during that time ( please see my earlier comments and conversation on the Varanormal forum). Even an "official" TDC- device was built without any breakthrough achievements. My personal impression is, that the so called "electronic voices" sometimes hide ( or are forced to hide)  their real identity which might also be "an extraterrestrial biological entity". Many direct radio voices sound robotic and artificial as if they are coming through different "passages". "towers" or "bridges".  For example, as an answer to questions like "what are the critical factors (spirtual or technical) for successful communication when using different "devices",  we get: " We (communicators from other dimension) make the contact." During The  Scole Experiment some of the messages didn't follow any laws of mainstream physics: Images appeared on blank films without a camera and audio data on tapes without any microphone. Thus, the mainstream science is helpless solving these problems without co-operation between us and entities from other dimension.

Regardless of all this, it seems, that  some elements - like germanium and silicon - have something to do with electromagnetism and our psycho-physical energy. Our own "vibration level" seems to be a very important factor and that must be in harmony with the vibration level of the communicating entity (from other dimension) as well as with the setup of our communication devices. We are still struggling with these problems, but thinking successful communication,  there might still be " the best possible and optimal model of germanium receptor".  However,  based on my recent realizations, Mr. Paul Hamden  and William Treurniet probably are  more near the truth than any of us at the moment ->

Zeta primer (treurniet.ca)

porTer's last comments are worth noticing in our efforts to further develop the TDC-device (germanium receptor) and find its final working version.  Domenic's  audio clips are very demonstrative and I think careful analysis of the audio signals would probably confirm their authenticity (Analysing EVP and paranormal sound recordings -> attached)

Finally I kindly ask porTer and Domenic to give feedback (possible technical corrections) as far as my own TDC-device (images on the forum 13.9.2021)  is concerned. The circuit  was originally built according to the instructions presented in Grant&Jane Solomon's book "The Scole Experiment" (p.218):

https://www.varanormal.com/forums/topic/1068-project-1-the-tdc-device-edison-and-the-scole-experiments/

Analysing EVP and paranormal sound recordings (1).pdf

Edited by GISMO5367

Hi Gismo5367

First of all, thank you for all the useful links. I will slowly read through some of it in my spare time. Regarding your first question about ,"the optimal design of this device and "who are the communicators ?.

In my speculative opinion, I think the optimal design of the Germanium receptor is still extremely difficult to pin point. Each to own, I think that is part of the beauty, designing your own version through trial and error. In my experiments, I do not think I am any further forward than anyone else. We could invent a perfect device but if no one is prepared to communicate in spirit or on a different dimension then the device is rendered inoperable besides. I too have heard those radio voices at moments. I have thought about the same question many times," who are the communicators ?"  Some of the static produced does resemble words sometimes, but not perfectly worded or 100% recognizable, which leads me to the idea that maybe spirit entities or dimensional entities are somehow trying to effect the germanium frequency while we are recording it knowing we may indeed hear it. They are trying to effect the static to produce words, which may take time or energy or both. It could be exactly what you have stated, robotic messages transmitted through bridges or passageways. I too tend to picture a hologram world beyond the veil. 

Regarding," have something to do with electromagnetism and our psycho-physical energy." This is a tremendous point. If consciousness, or our earthly vibration effects the germanium reception, could this mean our own mind can influence the receptor? Apart from this, is there a unseen spiritual energy that is somehow drawing energy from the copper coils and converting it into power to form words from there end? The coils produce the energy whizzing around the device, which in turn shoots down the screw and hits the germanium plate which produces an airy pink noise and static and bursts and spikes, we then hear it through the speaker or recorder. If something external is effecting the energy shooting onto the germanium plate, by rights, we should possibly hear it, if it is strong enough. Apart from this, Domenic makes a great point about questions and answers. I have asked many questions and left a gap for anything to respond and analyzed my findings. My device lends itself no favors to responding to questions. This is not to say something maybe responding, it may and well be that we need to perfect the device and its technical details or practice with the energy upon the device we currently use.

To add further disruption, the imagination is another aspect that needs to be placed on hold while analyzing the audio. I would like to show gratitude for mentioning my own notes that took me about one year to form, basing it from the original Scole diagram showing how to construct it. I tried to simplify the notes to suit my needs and hopefully that information will help everyone with limited electrical knowledge to attempt to built one for themselves. I cannot give any further technical details that would or could correct the Germanium receptor as I currently believe everybody's efforts I have seen so far have helped me construct my own experimental device. I can therefore only explain how I created my own.

In my experiments, I have found the easiest method to construct a mini (Pocket) germanium receptor was to use a empty power pack supply case. I then placed a copper plate along the inside of the base. I marked off on the side of the iron cores an arrow pointing right. I used 2 iron cores with 1400 turns on each coil wrapping copper wire around them. I positioned the coils upon the base. I then placed the screw through the top of the unit leaving an indentation upon the copper plate so I could pin point exactly where to place the germanium. I used a standard mic jack with wiring for the dicta phone connection. I placed the right headphones wire to the screw and placed the left headphones wire to the copper plate. I placed the earth wiring to the inside of the unit upon the side. I followed my notes for the wiring from the coils to the screw and the copper plate. I burnt a hole through the side of the unit so I could position the screw to hit the germanium laying upon the copper, trapping it in the center. After everything was positioned, I then tested it live through the dicta phone to make sure I had a signal before sealing the unit. 

As I have stated, I found a 3 towards 5 centimeter gap between the copper coils produced an airy static signal, but cannot confirm if more or less would help aid the connection or hinder it. One thought did cross my mind which may help any further construction. If a future device could be created maybe it would be beneficial to have the gap between the coils on a rotary , or pully system, whereby the coils can be moved towards the germanium or moved further away from the center to see if this effects the bubble between the coils? To add further,  I have tried using different Germanium crystals to see if this helped any radio voices. I have found it did not matter which Germanium piece I used, it produced the same effects, an airy static with spikes and bursts which sometimes settles and produces speech like noises. I have also tried using a raw piece of Galena which was used in early radio which did not conduct as good as the Germanium. One more idea I have thought about was using a Needle instead of using a screw, like a record player. A needle point pressured upon the Germanium, but I can not verify if this would be more useful as I am still currently speculating a possible future design. 

Looking at some of the receptors on this website, they look very professional and well thought out, as like your own, very cool looking receptor if I may say so. ; D

My receptor is only an attempt from an average , guy  to make one which took me along time through troubleshooting it.

Thank you for the response. 

Regards    

Edited by porTers

Thank you very much for your thorough feedback.  A perfectly working TDC-device depends on many factors  and many of these factors are out of our control. Thinking my 2nd question concerning the origin of EVP/ ITC-voices:  I think both deceased humans ( their spirits or souls) might be behind these phenomena.  Non-human entities from other dimensions - who possibly have consciousness but not A body-  may be involved, but  also extraterrestrial biological entities ( who have a solid physical body, like we have,  but who are shape shifters and able to manifest also in their "astral" body. There is a lot evidence supporting the extraterrestrial theory. I give some references:

Corso Philip: The Day after Roswell. Pocket Books 1997; ISBN: 0-671-00461-1

Kasten Len: Secret Journey to Planet Serpo. Bear & Company 2013; ISBN: 978-1-591143-831-1 (eBook)

https://www.serpo.org

I would like to highlight also the fact,  that in EVP-research work there  is possible to conduct an evidence based study using the basic methods accepted in mainstream science and as a result get anomalous EVP voices. -> The attached  Anabela Cardoso's article is freely downloadable from The Internet:

GISMO 5367

Neuroquantology-_-Anabela-Cardoso-Report-571-1451-1-PB-003.pdf

Edited by GISMO5367

Hi again Gismo5367

I have been researching some of the links you have shared with me here in this chat and I must say I have enjoyed reading the ZETA work so far. Fascinating. I have read the Scole attachment of the various pages relating to the original Germanium Receptor whereby they specified to use a particular speaker set up for the messages to come through, I am now wandering if a dicta phone is appropriate device to use to capture the audio from my Pocket Receptor V2. I will try some experiments in the coming months to use only a battery powered small speaker running directly into the receptor to see if this aids any possible transmissions. Its worth an experiment. 

Thanks again for the various links.

porTers

Greetings !

I am glad when hearing that my thoughts and comments were of some use to you. Unfortunately I am not an expert in electronics. That is why - as for the electrical and electromagnetic side of Germanium receptor is concerned, I strongly suggest that you contact for example Andres Ramos (from the Leaderboard) or Dr. Jeffers ( one of the moderators), because both of them gave me very useful tips and advice in my efforts to build a working TDC-device. I also found it useful to go through all the related original literature ->  Please check  the book references on  Scole web site:

https://www.thescoleexperiment.com

After digesting this background information, it was much more easier for me to understand that it is impossible to approach paranormal phenomena if my framework is based only on mainstream science. If you are predominantly interested in EVP and paranormal voices, I suggest familiarizing yourself for exaample with Anabela Cardoso's books.   If I can help you in the future in some way, I am always available.

Kind regards,

GISMO5367 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Spirit33,

Please check this link on our forum ( my post April 6, 2021) . Here I try to explain from where I purchased 5000 ohm coils ( two pieces) when building my own germanium receptor:

We had earlier a long -lasting project on Varanormal web site concerning the TDC device (Germanium receptor) and its specifications. Thus, going through the previous posts related to this topic might be very useful in order to save time and energy.

Good luck for you ! 

I am really interested in hearing if your ready-made device is receptive and working !

GISMO5367

Edited by GISMO5367