Forum for Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) - Provision for Speech Synthesis ITC sub-section?

Hi,

Thought Id ask if a sub-section for Speech Synthesis ITC would be considered? I have background info and samples, but cant see an appropriate section to post these. They are audio - but not strictly evp, nor a ghost box. Alternately, perhaps an existing section could have its name amended/ expanded to suit ?

thanks and regards,

JEFF

• iDigitalMedium Research Team

Let's see what others think. My feeling is while a forum is fairly small in number of people, it shouldn't have a zillion rooms. With my machine learning - assisted audio ITC, I call it audio ITC, but it really is a form of speech synthesis, too, where the machine learning is replacing the weakly detected speech with something more solid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • iDigitalMedium Research Team

I agree with Michael. In my understanding speech synthesis or "ML" as we deal with it in short terms in our group, is a great tool for recovering voices from noise or distorted signals. It's the only technology that can rebuild voice contents by making an educated guess. However it is not an ITC technique in itself. We always use it in combination with certain noise sources. For this reason speech synthesis could be used in every other ITC technique starting from noising diodes, going over mylar crumpling end ending in the LIM technique. For this reason I am not sure if a dedicated section for speech synthesis makes sense.

Thanks for the comments. I perhaps was not accurate in using the term Speech Synthesis, as I appreciate it is used for ML, but in my application it is an ITC process, and not a tool for recovering voices.

I therefore would say that in strict context, what I am working with is more a traditional evp process in how it functions, so I therefore retract my request, and see the appropriate section for such work would be:
Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) Audio - Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP).

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
On 1/23/2021 at 3:36 PM, Dr Jeffers said:

Thanks for the comments. I perhaps was not accurate in using the term Speech Synthesis, as I appreciate it is used for ML, but in my application it is an ITC process, and not a tool for recovering voices.

I therefore would say that in strict context, what I am working with is more a traditional evp process in how it functions, so I therefore retract my request, and see the appropriate section for such work would be:
Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) Audio - Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP).

Jeff, it was a good observation and a good request. I noticed this myself recently- a lack of categories pertaining to anything non-traditional. However we are trying to juggle with having too many at the same time. Would you kindly keep an eye on what is trending, and if this request comes up for any other user, let me know and we'll adjust from there?

Might need a category for just plain "weird stuff" 🙂  or the "Creative Corner" like we had on ITC Bridge.

Always open to your feedback sir! Lets call this one "pending" We need to revisit the categories and threads after awhile to see what we can trim down\expand upon. Thank you so much for your attention to detail.

Keith