Messages about what's to come

Marie

How many of us have received messages about something that's to come? To not drive a certain way that you normally go every day? Messages about little to big things?

I get messages about many things. Once, while driving, an idea of an auto accident just popped into my mind involving me. I thought, well that's a strange thought. I've never been in an accident, I hope I would handle it okay. After another minute or two, nothing happened and I didn't think of it again. 

The next day I was having a terrible time getting ready for an event I was managing that week. I could have skipped it that day. Each time I thought, okay fine, I won't go, everything went smoothly. Every time I would think that I really should go, things would start going wrong again. Really knowing better but deciding to ignore all these messages, I went anyway. Late, but I was going. 

On my way, the exact area an idea of an accident had popped up, (which I didn't realize until later), I was hit purposefully. The officers told me it was called a Pittman maneuver to cause you to spin. Well, as I had wondered, they also told me that I handled it well and didn't lose control of my vehicle. 

Luckily, no major injury occurred and it was yet another time I had to learn the hard way to listen. Today I'm much better from all these kinds of things and I will listen. I no longer have to understand why I should or shouldn't do something, I just listen. 

There was another time, as usual, I was out with friends enjoying live music. We were taking pictures, having a great time. During some moments when we were taking pictures, random overwhelming and devastating news hit me. We would treasure these specific pictures because one of us was going to pass and it was our last time with this person. These specific pictures would mean the world to all of us. 

I was extremely upset and overwhelmed. I'm not someone that takes things lightly. I tried to figure out which one of us wasn't going to be here. I wanted so desperately to know who, warn them, get more specific info to stop it.... I just couldn't get any more info. I didn't want to freak everyone out either. Then I thought maybe I couldn't figure that all out because I wasn't meant to. 

Unfortunately, before the next event, as the evening began, we all started getting phone calls about an accident and one of our closest friends didn't make it. 

I still feel frustrated that there wasn't specific info that I could have shared to help prevent this tragedy. It was devastating and a huge loss for all of us. 

I do know, from my experience, that our loved ones are never gone... they do continue on, watch over us and help us as we permit. There's no easy way to receive or process this type of news. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think what you described is one of those skills that turn out to become a burden.  Maybe the problem  is that you are interpreting those phenomena  as a call for you to not let these things take place. However the responsibility you should develop by carrying this burden could just be watching and not interfering with what is up to come because its not your responsibility. In the end what makes certain things happen is not all written in stone, its a chain of decisions  everyone of us makes that brings those possibilities into real life. Your friend could have made a decision that might have yielded into a different situation where no accident would have happened. If everything would be prepared and planned then we wouldn't need to learn and to make decisions,  we would be like robots  and it would make no difference if we try to evolve or degenerate in front of our tv screens. Nothing would make sense.

Thus maybe its not your turn to take over responsibility from people who should take them for themselves.  Instead it might be a step on your path to spiritual enlightening to just perceive the insight in the wheelhouse of spiritual power that was granted to you and bear it without trying to change anything.

I don't  have the skill of precognition but honestly I don't miss it.

Good points Andres, when I get these "intuitive" thoughts I make note, thank the process with gratitude as we may not know in advance of the meaning and sometimes it is simply to be - be aware.

Certainly do not stress about it Marie it is a spiritual gift you are being given.  As would say as Aussies, "let it flow, sister".

8 hours ago, Andres Ramos said:

In the end what makes certain things happen is not all written in stone, its a chain of decisions  everyone of us makes that brings those possibilities into real life.

I completely agree with Andres

One thing that I think is really difficult for us humans to really understand, but, we are being taught all the same, is the following:

Considering what Andres said (which is exactly right), it follows that the only way in which anything can ever be different than the way it is now, is by having some of the decisions be different. That can happen in one of two ways... either the agent chooses otherwise out of his own free will, or he is made to choose otherwise, in opposition to his freedom of choice.

Well, as it turns out,  and even as difficult as this is for us humans to comprehend, the way of the "higher worlds and spirits" (to put a name to it) is to never oppose our choices, regardless of the outcome. This is why, God for instance, does not intervene to prevent bad things from happening. 

I can totally see how this way of thinking, or accepting to be more accurate, might seem unfair, counter-productive or just plain nonsense. I easily find myself reacting in the opposite way. But I think a lot of that comes from a narrow view of our existence. Once you see that we are infinite, and, that is the case with each and every one of us, then it can be seen that at the never ending edge of eternity, we will all still be here, so the best-- and even inevitable--way to coexist for ever and ever, is by being all completely free to choose, without that never ever causing any conflict.

If I had to define evolution--or progress if you prefer--in just a few words, I would define it as a path towards absolute but completely conflict-free freedom for every spirit (in any form, condition and state).

Edited by Fernando Luis Cacciola Carballal

Another, alternative way to see that having these precognitions do not need to be about changing anything, is the famous "Chinese Farmer Tale":

https://wellsbaum.blog/alan-watts-story-of-the-chinese-farmer/#:~:text=Once upon a time there,neighbors came around to commiserate.&text=The following day his son,thrown and broke his leg.

8 hours ago, Fernando Luis Cacciola Carballal said:

I completely agree with Andres

One thing that I think is really difficult for us humans to really understand, but, we are being taught all the same, is the following:

Considering what Andres said (which is exactly right), it follows that the only way in which anything can ever be different than the way it is now, is by having some of the decisions be different. That can happen in one of two ways... either the agent chooses otherwise out of his own free will, or he is made to choose otherwise, in opposition to his freedom of choice.

Well, as it turns out,  and even as difficult as this is for us humans to comprehend, the way of the "higher worlds and spirits" (to put a name to it) is to never oppose our choices, regardless of the outcome. This is why, God for instance, does not intervene to prevent bad things from happening. 

I can totally see how this way of thinking, or accepting to be more accurate, might seem unfair, counter-productive or just plain nonsense. I easily find myself reacting in the opposite way. But I think a lot of that comes from a narrow view of our existence. Once you see that we are infinite, and, that is the case with each and every one of us, then it can be seen that at the never ending edge of eternity, we will all still be here, so the best-- and even inevitable--way to coexist for ever and ever, is by being all completely free to choose, without that never ever causing any conflict.

If I had to define evolution--or progress if you prefer--in just a few words, I would define it as a path towards absolute but completely conflict-free freedom for every spirit (in any form, condition and state).

Wow! So well said Fernando!

What xou described is the very essence of free will with all consequence. We as humand are often inclined to see it as, "Nice! I can do what I want". But it means also the free will of some other petson to punch in our face if his free will tells him so. Freedom is not only comfortable, there is no cherry picking, you need to develop responsibility to bear it and then it is wonderful!

And what you said about being free from making any choice anymore is acceptance of all and everything. And this is called "Love"!

• 11 months later...
On 12/16/2020 at 1:41 AM, Marie said:

There was another time, as usual, I was out with friends enjoying live music. We were taking pictures, having a great time. During some moments when we were taking pictures, random overwhelming and devastating news hit me. We would treasure these specific pictures because one of us was going to pass and it was our last time with this person. These specific pictures would mean the world to all of us. 

I was extremely upset and overwhelmed. I'm not someone that takes things lightly. I tried to figure out which one of us wasn't going to be here. I wanted so desperately to know who, warn them, get more specific info to stop it.... I just couldn't get any more info. I didn't want to freak everyone out either. Then I thought maybe I couldn't figure that all out because I wasn't meant to. 

Unfortunately, before the next event, as the evening began, we all started getting phone calls about an accident and one of our closest friends didn't make it. 

I still feel frustrated that there wasn't specific info that I could have shared to help prevent this tragedy. It was devastating and a huge loss for all of us. 

I do know, from my experience, that our loved ones are never gone... they do continue on, watch over us and help us as we permit. There's no easy way to receive or process this type of news. 

I cannot  imagine having the heightened sensitivity without the comforting knowledge of eternal life. 

If you knew more you may have altered everyone's life lesson involved for that moment. The awareness may lend itself when and if you feel it again, is to impart love and help others to cherish the moments.