Spirit voices aquired with coherers

In this post I want to share my audio samples i made by use of coherers. See the experiments section for more details. A coherer is a small glass tube or a piece of transparent hose with electrodes at it's end in a distance of some millimeters. It is filled with conductive granular media. I used coherers with nickel, silver, iron, aluminum and graphite/carbon particles.The particles have lose electrical contacts. If a small current is routed through the coherer it starts to emitt strong pink noise.

Coherer-9.jpg

In the noise there are lots of spikes and cracks and strongly but poorly modulated spirit voices. The intelligibility is Class C in maximum.

1. Carbon Coherer voice samples

2. Graphite mine coherer voice samples

20191125_102210.jpg

These are voices I obtained by using losely connected graphite mines as a variant for the graphite coherer.

• "Du schaffst das gut" -> "You will make it very well": Du schaffst das.mp3
  • Firework. This is a sequence that sounds like a chain of explosions in a firework. A strange anomaly: Firework.mp3
  • "Vielleicht" -> "Perhaps": Vielleicht.mp3