Jump to content
  • entry
    1
  • comments
    47
  • views
    119

Specification


Andres Ramos

553 views

 Share

OK, as a follow up to my discussions with Jeff we can propose the following design specification of the Light Bridge.

 

Design specification

  • Built in microphone and an additional 3,5mm stereo line input (mono internal) for modulating the light bridge. Two potentiometers for leveling microphone and external signal. Both signals are mixed and can be used simultaneously.
  • Current driver for modulating one white LED inside the closed unit.
  • Solar cell receiver with preamplifier working as a trans-impedance amplifier. LED will be operated linearly and symmetrically.
  • Received signal from solar cell will be band pass filtered (300Hz .. 5KHz)
  • LED clipping indicator to detect over-modulation
  • 0 dBm audio jack output (stereo with mono signal) for recording.
  • Adjustable headphone output (optional)
  • External 12VDC power supply applied via standard DC power socket (Reverse polarity protected). Thus every standard 12VDC wall adapter should be suitable.
  • Hum and EMI filter in DC power supply path
  • Plastic Housing

 

User control elements and indicators

  • Switch: Power ON/OFF
  • Potentiometer: Mic Level
  • Potentiometer: External audio input
  • socket: 3,5mm line audio jack on front panel for headphones (optional)
  • Potentiometer: headphone volume (optional)
  • socket: 3,5mm line audio jack on backside for recording
  • LED: ON/OFF
  • LED: Signal clipping

@Lance/Jeff please confirm specification or require changes.

 Share

47 Comments


Recommended Comments



I just like to thank you both for building this device.

 All the specification look good to me!

So How will the bridge be set up for the end result on my PC?  

Thanks Lance.
 

Link to comment

Hi Andres and Lance,

A good summary Andres. I have some comments.

The solar cell amplifier I think should be a high impedance input rather than TIA, as I think this would allow more spontaneous emf generation from the cell itself. I imagine it to be a non-inverting opamp.

In the second list, the line input socket is not mentioned.

You mentioned a brightness control in the prior thread and have been thinking about this. I recall from my experimentation that a lower amount of incident light from the LED gave better results, so I would suggest the LED does not greatly illuminate the solar cell. In saying this, I am aware that the transfer curve of the LED is probably not that linear at low drive levels, so I would suggest it is biased at its most linear swing point, and an optical screen is placed in front of it (if necessary) to reduce its radiant power. The amount of reduction will have to be determined in the initial prototype, as well as the optimum bias point when modulated fully. I imagine the point of optimum illumination will have a poorer signal to noise ratio, but this is inevitable in this application.

 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Lance Reed said:

So How will the bridge be set up for the end result on my PC?  

Lance, to answer your question, we need to know how you do your sessions with the PC. Sonia had 2 laptops as far as I know, one for playing the babble into the Bridge, and another for recording the output of the Bridge.

Link to comment

Hi Jeff, I am currently using just my one PC....  Playing the gibberish and recording with the built in mic of the computer, Will this be a problem? If not I can invest in a laptop? 

Thanks Lance.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Lance Reed said:

Hi Jeff, I am currently using just my one PC....  Playing the gibberish and recording with the built in mic of the computer, Will this be a problem? If not I can invest in a laptop? 

Thanks Lance.

Hi Lance. You don't need to buy a new PC. The Light bridge will contain an own microphone. You just plug it into the line input of your computer.

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Andres Ramos said:

Hi Lance. You don't need to buy a new PC. The Light bridge will contain an own microphone. You just plug it into the line input of your computer.

Hi Andres,
ahh cool! Sound good, you guys are gifted with all your technical skills 🙂

Link to comment

Hello guys,

please see the attached schematic. I tried to make the circuit as simple as possible . Therefor it is a mix of transistors and OPAmps. The leveling will just be done on the input side. The design should be made in a way that no additional adjustments should be necessary. The output level should be in a usable range by design. Some tests will be necessary to bring everything to the optimum. The filter stages were designed with an Analog Devices Online calculator. I use a virtual ground for the OPAmps. The VGND was testes hundreds of times in lots of my devices and works very well. LED1 is just a cheap trick to provide the bias voltage for the electret microphone.

Basically I tried to reach the design goal with a minimum of components. Please give me your comment, Jeff.

@Lance: Please make up your mind if you need an additional headphone output.

Transmitter unit

Light-Bridge Schematic - Sheet 1.JPG

Reveiver unit

Light-Bridge Schematic Sheet 2.JPG

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Lance Reed said:

Hi Andres,
ahh cool! Sound good, you guys are gifted with all your technical skills 🙂

Wait until we are ready with your credits 😄

Lance, do you need an additional headphone output on the device or are you satisfied with just recording?

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Andres Ramos said:

Wait until we are ready with your credits 😄

Lance, do you need an additional headphone output on the device or are you satisfied with just recording?

I only have one line in that covers for all, (headphones, input mic,) But I always listen back via headphones on the PC??   So I won't really need a out headphones. 

 

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, Lance Reed said:

I only have one line in that covers for all, (headphones, input mic,) But I always listen back via headphones on the PC??   So I won't really need a out headphones. 

 

Very good. Nevertheless I just realized I forgot to implementthe clipping indicator. Will add it tomorrow to the schematic.

Link to comment

If its not too much trouble - perhaps an additional headphone output would be a good thing for flexibility.

Better to have it and not use it rather than not have it and need it.

Just a thought.....

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Arizona EVP said:

If its not too much trouble - perhaps an additional headphone output would be a good thing for flexibility.

Better to have it and not use it rather than not have it and need it.

Just a thought.....

I could add one. No big thing.

Link to comment

A really good design Andres, and with minimal components too. Well done, mate.

One thing I would suggest is that the solar cell should have a very high impedance working load, so therefore its dc and working ac loads need to be increased in value considerably.

Therefore Id suggest R12 be raised to 1meg, R13 raised to 1meg also and C1 reduced to 560pF (so to restore 300Hz HPF action). The reason for this is to provide as much opportunity as possible for small spontaneous audio spectra artifacts to form from the photoelectric process being pk modulated.

I had an initial idea to place the cell in series with R13, but that would introduce bias changes due to cell voltage, so not a good plan.

Edited by Dr Jeffers
Link to comment
  • Administrators

Excellent post Andres, good to see you Lance, and thank you Jeff for providing very sound advice to not purchase unnecessary equipment in hopes of improving results 🙂

Link to comment

Looks fun!

I'm curious, what is the purpose of the microphone? Another form of sensing or available for the operator to input their own speech?

 

Link to comment

Hi Michael, the mic was an option introduced to allow the operators voice announcements to be captured and recorded by the recording device / PC if there was no acoustic output and hence no acoustic recording (ie hardwired PC->light bridge->PC as Sonia did her sessions with it).

As Lance is outputting raw material acoustically for recording by his PC, a mic is needed in the Bridge as the Bridge is patched to the line input of his PC and hence can capture the material and his announcements.

Edited by Dr Jeffers
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Dr Jeffers said:

A really good design Andres, and with minimal components too. Well done, mate.

One thing I would suggest is that the solar cell should have a very high impedance working load, so therefore its dc and working ac loads need to be increased in value considerably.

Therefore Id suggest R12 be raised to 1meg, R13 raised to 1meg also and C1 reduced to 560pF (so to restore 300Hz HPF action). The reason for this is to provide as much opportunity as possible for small spontaneous audio spectra artifacts to form from the photoelectric process being pk modulated.

I had an initial idea to place the cell in series with R13, but that would introduce bias changes due to cell voltage, so not a good plan.

Excellent ideas Jeff! I will work them in. For the headphones I would use an off-the-shelf LM386(if I remember this correctly) module.

I will post an updated version of the schematic tomorrow. Clipping indicator will also be included.

Would be nice if we could reach the state of 'design freeze' by the upcoming weekend. Will order parts from Ebay I don't have on stock and then I will go on vacation for two weeks and could start with the breadboard prototype by beginning of September. We don't want to dissatisfy our stakeholders, don't we? 😉

 

 

Link to comment

 I was aware that Sonia was working with her light bridge prototypes, but I'm not sure exactly what her device does.   I believe I know the very basics.   The light device is modulating the input of babble for the purpose of communication   I'm curious to know what impact this device has on the sounds through the input channel vs the output channel - in other words,  how does this device enhance the communication process with spirit?   Obviously Sonia is receiving great results and I'm very interested in hearing the test results from Lance too!   Good luck to you all,  I wish you the best!

  (Apologies if my question has been answered somewhere that I missed, nor am I seeking an in-depth response. )  

Cheers,

Sharon  

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Sfay said:

 I was aware that Sonia was working with her light bridge prototypes, but I'm not sure exactly what her device does.   I believe I know the very basics.   The light device is modulating the input of babble for the purpose of communication   I'm curious to know what impact this device has on the sounds through the input channel vs the output channel - in other words,  how does this device enhance the communication process with spirit?   Obviously Sonia is receiving great results and I'm very interested in hearing the test results from Lance too!   Good luck to you all,  I wish you the best!

  (Apologies if my question has been answered somewhere that I missed, nor am I seeking an in-depth response. )  

Cheers,

Sharon  

Hi Sharon,

I don't know much details either about the use case. Jeff and me just did a technical review about her design  based on what was available. Nevertheless the idea behind it is always the same and that is to establish a signal transformation. Spirits obviously come into play everywhere a signal is undergoing a physical change, e.g. from sound to electric voltage or changing a signal by adding reverb or signal folding or whatever. Changing a signal from sound to electric voltage and then into light, then back to voltage is a long chain where certain things can happen. The expectation is that higher spirits use higher frequencies and light has a very high frequency. Remember the experiments of Hans Otto Koenig. He started with sound, then went over to ultrasonic fields, then radio wave fields and finally infrared and ultraviolet light. Thus he climbed up the frequency ladder up to the point that was reasonably to reach.

Of course this all is more theory. only experiments will show if this works.

 

Thanks for your kind words Sharon!

Link to comment

 

3 hours ago, Andres Ramos said:

Hi Sharon,

I don't know much details either about the use case. Jeff and me just did a technical review about her design  based on what was available. Nevertheless the idea behind it is always the same and that is to establish a signal transformation. Spirits obviously come into play everywhere a signal is undergoing a physical change, e.g. from sound to electric voltage or changing a signal by adding reverb or signal folding or whatever. Changing a signal from sound to electric voltage and then into light, then back to voltage is a long chain where certain things can happen. The expectation is that higher spirits use higher frequencies and light has a very high frequency. Remember the experiments of Hans Otto Koenig. He started with sound, then went over to ultrasonic fields, then radio wave fields and finally infrared and ultraviolet light. Thus he climbed up the frequency ladder up to the point that was reasonably to reach.

Of course this all is more theory. only experiments will show if this works.

 

Thanks for your kind words Sharon!

 

 Very interesting theory about light frequencies. If there's one thing I have learned from working with spirit, it's never to underestimate their ability to manipulate sources provided to them for communication.   It will be fascinating to see what the experiments produce.   Thank you for your response Andres!

Link to comment

To help explain the Light Bridge a bit more clearly, here are some captures from a video Sonia did containing an overview of the V1 Light Bridge. This first version was a simple device that translated audio into a modulated light beam, that was received by a phototransistor in the receiver and converted back to audio again. The later versions of the bridge had LEDs of varying wavelengths, more input and output facilities, etc, but the basic principle remains the same.

The idea of using light came into being through various ways, but it was a response she received from Raudive that initially set the path towards light being used.

Sonia's preference is working with trans-image reception, so it is unlikely we will see much more done on this audio based concept.

 

light bridge 2.JPG

light bridge 3.JPG

light bridge.JPG

Edited by Dr Jeffers
Link to comment
  • Administrators

Thanks Jeff! 

To give some insight....I've met Sionis a few times.

Sonia changes her experiments at will, much like we do. Thus it is great to see you guys following the idea into a technical variation.

As Sonia will tell you, she receives a lot of advice through intuition as well as interactions with mediums and her engineer. 

What she uses today will be gone tomorrow, as long as the basic principles of an energy field are included as an expectations factor here experiments will always bear fruit.

My question is: who is going to focus on this device, when, amd how often.?

For that is the secret to all ITC.

Lance 8f you ever need audio filtering assistance just reach out.

Been awhile since we talked! 🙂

Link to comment

Hi Keith,

Yes, Ive known Sonia since the early 1990's, and she does indeed change her mode of operation frequently. The light bridge is however a new and unusual development in her timeline, so it has made quite an impression. As her passion has always been in trans-images, it will be interesting to see if the mark 4 light bridge is developed further by her engineer on her behalf.

 I agree focus is needed to bring the magic. Im sure that Lance - as the recipient of the first device, will imbue it diligently with the force.. whoops 'm slipping into the character of my Avatar !

Edited by Dr Jeffers
Link to comment

Hi All, 
Yes, I am really excited to start using the Light bridge, I record mostly everyday early in the morning,  to get ongoing advice from my spirit team and also record for people around the world that are in Grief.  
I am currently working with the Argotlunar software (Granular synthesis)  that Jeff introduce me to, I also have been talking with Sonia and she is going to try using the Argotlunar software for her to break up the voices. 
When using the Light bridge device, I will report back to you guys frequently on the progress and clarity of voice contacts that come through.

Let the force be with us 🙂

Take care, Lance.



 

Link to comment

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.